You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
otakuben

CV's are broken!

30 comments in this topic

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,370 posts
2,054 battles

In my Ark Royal.

100k + damage, Confederate, 16 torp hits, 64 bomb hits, 6 floodings, and a few other things.

We still lost.

Why didn't my OP ship carry me on the wings to victory?!

Surely I merely need to exist to win games.

Why doesn't the game recognize I'm supposed to be OP by default and make all the enemy ships explode when I look in their direction?

Oh....../s

Just because the carrier exists doesn't mean it will somehow dominate the game. Tactics change when CV's are present. Same thing happens when there's a game with no DD's (had one of those today). A carrier doesn't guarantee a win or even a good game for the carrier. A carrier still has to use strategy to plan their attacks to make the most of it's resources and even then it can succumb to the whims of the team. 

If you have a hard time dealing with CV's, talk to players who play them or those who have learned how to best play against them. Worst thing, me as a CV player, has to deal with in game? Ships that stick close together and make a flight turn into a single run attack and not multiple run.

Some advice from a CV player perspective

- The beginning of the game is always spot and hunt the DD. You don't have to cap as a DD at the outset, it rarely determines the course of the game. Let the enemy overextend to get a cap then hurt them in return. Once people start going their preferred directions CV players will often target high value ships like BB's or ships by themselves. Hang back near friendlies for the first minute or two then start looking for targets. DD's and CV's share a similar type of role. Spot and hurt enemies without actually being seen yourself.

- If your a light AA ship, you are good target. If a bunch of light AA ships stuck around each other your a less enticing target. I don't want to sacrifice 9 planes to deal 3k damage at tier 6-8 if I don't have too. A lone ship is a good target, a group of ships is something I tend to avoid unless i absolutely have to do something about it.

- Stick together but don't hump each other. Most AA has a range of 2-5km. If you are within  3-6km of friendlies then AA will overlap and make my life miserable while being far apart enough that everyone can maneuver to avoid.

- Like DD's I like to use mountains to obstruct enemy fire and protect myself. The closer a BB is to a mountain the closer I can get before taking damage. CA/CL's it doesn't matter, you guys almost always hurt.

- At the outset of the battle sticking together isn't as necessary. Towards the middle and end it becomes more important because you took damage and had secondaries and AA knocked out. That means my ability to hurt you is easier, especially if I conserved my planes.

- CV's cannot deal infinite damage or heavy alpha (usually). Most rocket planes aren't the most accurate. We generally can't dev strike a ship like a BB can to a CA/CL or a CA/CL can to the DD or a DD can to any other ship. The rare exception is rockets vs DD and even then I have yet to get one of those.

- You know what sucks to play against? A enemy who knows how my planes operate. Learn how the enemy CV's operate and suddenly there's not as much that they can do.

- Sector fire may feel like it doesn't do anything, you're wrong. It may not be a ton but from my end it's enough to suck.

I'm sure I have more but that's it for now.

• Cool 5
  • Boring 3

Members
324 posts

I like playing CVs....so I understand you completely.

Contrary to what a lot of "CV-Haters" claim... CVs DO NOT guarantee victory,  because see e CV Caltrans themselves might have a difficult time attacks. well entrenched enemy ship among some islands....or a DD that uses their smoke carefully and at the right moment, ....or a battleship that tanked like 10 or more torpedoes hits and STILL remains afloat...you get the picture.

And also there is the fact that a CV player might lose too many planes too quickly to AA flak....there are lots of ways to defeat a CV.  

As a CV player....there is a reason why I go after enemy DDs first: I do not want them to cap the capture circles and torpedo/gun down my friendly allied ships.  And I especially do not want them to circle around the edge of the map and kit my carrier ship from behind or my friendly battleships.

I play plenty of destroyers, battleships, and cruisers too....so I am also on the receiving end of being attacked by CVs.

Edited by anonym_bleJN7gXeLqd
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,305 posts
6,093 battles
14 minutes ago, otakuben said:

In my Ark Royal.

100k + damage, Confederate, 16 torp hits, 64 bomb hits, 6 floodings, and a few other things.

We still lost.

Why doesn't the game recognize I'm supposed to be OP by default and make all the enemy ships explode when I look in their direction?

Oh....../s

Just because the carrier exists doesn't mean it will somehow dominate the game. Tactics change when CV's are present. Same thing happens when there's a game with no DD's (had one of those today). A carrier doesn't guarantee a win or even a good game for the carrier. A carrier still has to use strategy to plan their attacks to make the most of it's resources and even then it can succumb to the whims of the team. 

If you have a hard time dealing with CV's, talk to players who play them or those who have learned how to best play against them. Worst thing, me as a CV player, has to deal with in game? Ships that stick close together and make a flight turn into a single run attack and not multiple run.

Some advice from a CV player perspective

- The beginning of the game is always spot and hunt the DD. You don't have to cap as a DD at the outset, it rarely determines the course of the game. Let the enemy overextend to get a cap then hurt them in return. Once people start going their preferred directions CV players will often target high value ships like BB's or ships by themselves. Hang back near friendlies for the first minute or two then start looking for targets. DD's and CV's share a similar type of role. Spot and hurt enemies without actually being seen yourself.

- If your a light AA ship, you are good target. If a bunch of light AA ships stuck around each other your a less enticing target. I don't want to sacrifice 9 planes to deal 3k damage at tier 6-8 if I don't have too. A lone ship is a good target, a group of ships is something I tend to avoid unless i absolutely have to do something about it.

- Stick together but don't hump each other. Most AA has a range of 2-5km. If you are within  3-6km of friendlies then AA will overlap and make my life miserable while being far apart enough that everyone can maneuver to avoid.

- Like DD's I like to use mountains to obstruct enemy fire and protect myself. The closer a BB is to a mountain the closer I can get before taking damage. CA/CL's it doesn't matter, you guys almost always hurt.

- At the outset of the battle sticking together isn't as necessary. Towards the middle and end it becomes more important because you took damage and had secondaries and AA knocked out. That means my ability to hurt you is easier, especially if I conserved my planes.

- CV's cannot deal infinite damage or heavy alpha (usually). Most rocket planes aren't the most accurate. We generally can't dev strike a ship like a BB can to a CA/CL or a CA/CL can to the DD or a DD can to any other ship. The rare exception is rockets vs DD and even then I have yet to get one of those.

- You know what sucks to play against? A enemy who knows how my planes operate. Learn how the enemy CV's operate and suddenly there's not as much that they can do.

- Sector fire may feel like it doesn't do anything, you're wrong. It may not be a ton but from my end it's enough to suck.

I'm sure I have more but that's it for now.

I think simply that carriers win the battle, if 1/ they keep the reds spotted so the greens can fire at them, 2/ control and defend zones, can be caps but not necessarily, can also be channels, etc 3/ deal with unexpected threats (DDs popping up, should not happen if 1 is done), 4/ terminate ships... do plenty damage to BBs and not sink them isn't helping.
In some battles, I have done 50k damage but 3 to 4 kills, and helped to defend caps, enough to win the battle.
"Some", because if there were "many", I would be a unicum:).

Members
96 posts
6,409 battles

Generally speaking....if a CV does well...being that it has little to no dev strike capability, it’s because your team was really bad or in general got outplayed by a better team. It’s the same for every class of ship. It IS a team game whether people choose to acknowledge that or not.

[O7]
Members
5,393 posts
12,182 battles

You've clearly missed the point of why carriers are considered OP. Basically fallen into the trap of every carrier defender, saying if they're not winning easily then they're fine. What you don't account for is that there is another carrier on the other side in a damage race with you. So just because you do 100k damage, and the enemy carrier does 80k over the course of the entire battle, your impact on the battle has only been 20k damage roughly not considering targets chosen. You will notice your impact much more the bigger this gap is in effectiveness, but since it's rare to destroy a carrier early in the match, the damage race continues.

In other ship interactions, if you lose a BB early on a flank, this loss has an immediate impact on the tension of that flank. Now your BBs are 1 up and alive with advantage. The same happens with any class that strikes a good hit or dies a useless death.

The real problem with carriers is the interaction between them and a target on an individual level, separate from the grand battle results. A CV will almost always come out on top, especially the lower tier the match is held. Just because you lost that game, do you really think it was fair for the 100k damage in targets you singled out? It's not about your ability to impact the battle, but your impact on an individual player.

Edited by Pulicat
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 4

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,370 posts
2,054 battles
7 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

You've clearly missed the point of why carriers are considered OP. Basically fallen into the trap of every carrier defender, saying if they're not winning easily then they're fine. What you don't account for is that there is another carrier on the other side in a damage race with you. So just because you do 100k damage, and the enemy carrier does 80k over the course of the entire battle, your impact on the battle has only been 20k damage roughly not considering targets chosen. You will notice your impact much more the bigger this gap is in effectiveness, but since it's rare to destroy a carrier early in the match, the damage race continues.

In other ship interactions, if you lose a BB early on a flank, this loss has an immediate impact on the tension of that flank. Now your BBs are 1 up and alive with advantage. The same happens with any class that strikes a good hit or dies a useless death.

The real problem with carriers is the interaction between them and a target on an individual level, separate from the grand battle results. A CV will almost always come out on top, especially the lower tier the match is held. Just because you lost that game, do you really think it was fair for the 100k damage in targets you singled out? It's not about your ability to impact the battle, but your impact on an individual player.

I think you missed where the first part was pure sarcasm.

Also yes it was fair. Just like how in that same game it was fair for the New Mexico on my team to deal 125k damage and get 5 kills.

Also that damage race is not continuous. To use your nomenclature, you fell into the trap anti-cv defenders use. A CV is not immune from damage or being hurt throughout the game. The CV doesn't base it's survivability on hit points, it does it based on effective aircraft. Now most will say that's not fair because every other ship does. That would make sense if the CV's guns were connected to the ship and shot strictly from the ship. The CV's health pool is in it's planes.

[TBW]
Members
10,565 posts
18,071 battles

Just got the Ark Royal yesterday, I suppose that I will start playing CVs soon. So is it just Ark Royal or any CV that is supposed to garner a win and there are CVs on both teams so some one has to lose.

[O7]
Members
5,393 posts
12,182 battles
10 minutes ago, otakuben said:

I think you missed where the first part was pure sarcasm.

Also yes it was fair. Just like how in that same game it was fair for the New Mexico on my team to deal 125k damage and get 5 kills.

Also that damage race is not continuous. To use your nomenclature, you fell into the trap anti-cv defenders use. A CV is not immune from damage or being hurt throughout the game. The CV doesn't base it's survivability on hit points, it does it based on effective aircraft. Now most will say that's not fair because every other ship does. That would make sense if the CV's guns were connected to the ship and shot strictly from the ship. The CV's health pool is in it's planes.

No, for normal ships they must place themselves at some risk in a position that can be struck back against. You don't even have to be shooting. You will be shot at from ranges out of your control, torped by things you can't see atm, farmed over islands you can't shoot over, for any ship.

A carrier, with it's planes, dictates every engagement. It chooses when it strikes, who to strike, and who it's willing to be struck by (AA), spotting anything it wants as it does so. 

A defense of 'just bunch together for AA' is exactly what I'm talking about. They dominiate their targets on an individual level, creating an imbalance. Always have done and always will, it's the nature of a carrier. Can't be changed, can't be denied, though many try.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,370 posts
2,054 battles
10 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

No, for normal ships they must place themselves at some risk in a position that can be struck back against. You don't even have to be shooting. You will be shot at from ranges out of your control, torped by things you can't see atm, farmed over islands you can't shoot over, for any ship.

A carrier, with it's planes, dictates every engagement. It chooses when it strikes, who to strike, and who it's willing to be struck by (AA), spotting anything it wants as it does so. 

A defense of 'just bunch together for AA' is exactly what I'm talking about. They dominiate their targets on an individual level, creating an imbalance. Always have done and always will, it's the nature of a carrier. Can't be changed, can't be denied, though many try.

That's not always true. They can dominate certain targets but not every ship. As a CV driver there are ships I will avoid at every tier because of how fruitless it is to attack them. The sticking together, if you bothered to read my points, was directed towards ships with weak AA. Just like ships with big citadel's shouldn't expose their broadside. Until you get out of single minded thinking like yours CV's will always dominate and you will never be able to fight them.

There's a lot you got wrong in your comment. 

- carriers do not dictate every engagement. Just like every other ship they can choose when to attack but they can't dictate how effective that attack will be.

- carriers must weigh the risk of losing its offensive capabilities to deal a lethal blow many times

- there are tons of ships that can shoot outside the ranges of others and never risk being hit. Just like there are ships so maneuverable that don't risk taking damage at certain ranges from certain ships.

Again your thinking is very single minded.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[O7]
Members
5,393 posts
12,182 battles
5 minutes ago, otakuben said:

That's not always true. They can dominate certain targets but not every ship. As a CV driver there are ships I will avoid at every tier because of how fruitless it is to attack them. The sticking together, if you bothered to read my points, was directed towards ships with weak AA. Just like ships with big citadel's shouldn't expose their broadside. Until you get out of single minded thinking like yours CV's will always dominate and you will never be able to fight them.

There's a lot you got wrong in your comment. 

- carriers do not dictate every engagement. Just like every other ship they can choose when to attack but they can't dictate how effective that attack will be.

- carriers must weigh the risk of losing its offensive capabilities to deal a lethal blow many times

- there are tons of ships that can shoot outside the ranges of others and never risk being hit. Just like there are ships so maneuverable that don't risk taking damage at certain ranges from certain ships.

Again your thinking is very single minded.

I've played cvs lol. I know exactly what they're like. I literally played the entire 1v1 of ranked in CV and only lost 1 game because I DC'd at the start. Plenty of those ships tried the AA approach. They dodge and run and hide, all died in the end. Even the fastest DD sprinting at me couldn't make it.

They DO dictate every engagement. They have the benefit of speed and knowledge of where ships are beyond the scout phase. You only shoot planes down because the CV has decided you're a target for striking or scouting. You never attack offensively with AA, so the CV is never on the defensive.

Carriers must weigh the risk of losing capabilities to deal a lethal blow? This is thinking in the grand game, not 1v1 engagements. Where's the reward for that ship that took a lethal blow it couldn't do anything to prevent?

Tons of ships that shoot outside ranges to never be hit? Sounds like a carrier target if I ever heard one, guess they're a risk of being hit now aren't they? Even without carriers they take their own penalties, like doing nothing in the match. And no, if there are guns that can shoot you at any range, you're at risk of being hit. Whether you are hit is based on how accurate the shot was and the prediction of the response, and then your reaction during flight time.

This is still just talking 1v1. I haven't even argued for the scourge of spotting against DDs, or how having to dodge planes that strike from any angle they can will force you to position yourself badly against everything except the planes. They throw a wrench into a game filled with ships that were balanced without them in mind.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,370 posts
2,054 battles
7 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

I've played cvs lol. I know exactly what they're like. I literally played the entire 1v1 of ranked in CV and only lost 1 game because I DC'd at the start. Plenty of those ships tried the AA approach. They dodge and run and hide, all died in the end. Even the fastest DD sprinting at me couldn't make it.

They DO dictate every engagement. They have the benefit of speed and knowledge of where ships are beyond the scout phase. You only shoot planes down because the CV has decided you're a target for striking or scouting. You never attack offensively with AA, so the CV is never on the defensive.

Carriers must weigh the risk of losing capabilities to deal a lethal blow? This is thinking in the grand game, not 1v1 engagements. Where's the reward for that ship that took a lethal blow it couldn't do anything to prevent?

Tons of ships that shoot outside ranges to never be hit? Sounds like a carrier target if I ever heard one, guess they're a risk of being hit now aren't they? Even without carriers they take their own penalties, like doing nothing in the match. And no, if there are guns that can shoot you at any range, you're at risk of being hit. Whether you are hit is based on how accurate the shot was and the prediction of the response, and then your reaction during flight time.

This is still just talking 1v1. I haven't even argued for the scourge of spotting against DDs, or how having to dodge planes that strike from any angle they can will force you to position yourself badly against everything except the planes. They throw a wrench into a game filled with ships that were balanced without them in mind.

But this game isn't 1v1. Yes the ranked was 1v1 but regular gameplay is not. You cannot equate 1v1 to team vs team. By those standards the Tirpitz is the most OP battleship at tier 8.

Team play changes everything. Again single minded thinking will not get you the answers you want. A football team can have the best quarterback in existence but if the rest of his team sucks then they won't win.

• Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
5,650 posts
17,421 battles

21 minutes ago, otakuben said:

there are tons of ships that can shoot outside the ranges of others and never risk being hit.

True, but against other surface ships, you have the option of going dark as your visibility is most often determined by your gun range. You can get behind an island if you have too. Also, with typical MM, there is somebody on your team that can engage the long range sniper even if you can't. CVs can go spot you no matter where you hide and their hulls are safe.

Staying in a group may work, but sometimes the rest of you group gets sunk, or they all turn left when you turn right. A DD huddling with a group is somewhat neutered.

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,370 posts
2,054 battles
3 minutes ago, Sabot_100 said:

True, but against other surface ships, you have the option of going dark as your visibility is most often determined by your gun range. You can get behind an island if you have too. Also, with typical MM, there is somebody on your team that can engage the long range sniper even if you can't. CVs can go spot you no matter where you hide and their hulls are safe.

Staying in a group may work, but sometimes the rest of you group gets sunk, or they all turn left when you turn right. A DD huddling with a group is somewhat neutered.

The trade off with being often outside spotting is the inability for CV torpedo bombers, and to a lesser extent dive bombers, to Dev strike you.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,101 posts
14,728 battles
1 hour ago, C14Alpha said:

CVs are OP in the hands of a competent captain.  Luckily, most CV players are relatively unskilled.

That is true of every ship type a few players that absolutely rock with that ship almost all the time and the rest that do alright or worse.

[S0L0]
[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
4,668 posts
7,060 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

So is it just Ark Royal or any CV that is supposed to garner a win and there are CVs on both teams so some one has to lose.

ssshhshhhhshh  Please stop with these lies.............................. CVs are so OP that opposing CVs, matched against each, other often both win.   

• Cool 1

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,370 posts
2,054 battles

Ok let's be real. No one likes playing against CV's. I certainly don't.

But you know what else I hate playing against

- DD's that can torp from 6km out in open water without being seen and keep me at that distance no matter what I do.

- CA/CL's who can sit behind a mountain and HE spam me to death while I try to get him within sight to actually hurt.

- BB's with crazy secondaries who do another BB's worth of damage on top of their own ships normal main gun damage.

Every ship has their own thing which sucks playing against and can leave them unharmed. You know what helps lessen that? Teamwork.

• Cool 1

[-GPS-]
Members
2,904 posts
36,576 battles
23 minutes ago, franz_von_goltz said:

I think simply that carriers win the battle, if 1/ they keep the reds spotted so the greens can fire at them, 2/ control and defend zones, can be caps but not necessarily, can also be channels, etc 3/ deal with unexpected threats (DDs popping up, should not happen if 1 is done), 4/ terminate ships... do plenty damage to BBs and not sink them isn't helping.
In some battles, I have done 50k damage but 3 to 4 kills, and helped to defend caps, enough to win the battle.
"Some", because if there were "many", I would be a unicum:).

So my Ark Royal game yesterday with Kraken, High Caliber, and almost 100k damage was a loss because I failed somehow?

In RTS CV play, a good CV certainly had an oversized impact on game results. Take out enemy planes while you hunt and destroy red DDs. Then get to work on the BBs. Your planes could spot multiple sectors of the map simultaneously. Once you got the hang of the cross drop, dev strikes on DDs became normal. AP dive bombers could dev strike virtually any cruiser.
CVs needed to be nerfed and made playable by normal people.  Their alpha damage is much lower. DDs are not just food for a CV despite what players say. (That was not true at the start of the rework when HE bombs deleted DDs.). CVs still spot, but that is severely limited compared to the RTS days.
In short, CV carrying ability has been significantly reduced. I can have a great game and still lose just like any other ship class. 

Members
324 posts
17 minutes ago, otakuben said:

Ok let's be real. No one likes playing against CV's. I certainly don't.

But you know what else I hate playing against

- DD's that can torp from 6km out in open water without being seen and keep me at that distance no matter what I do.

- CA/CL's who can sit behind a mountain and HE spam me to death while I try to get him within sight to actually hurt.

- BB's with crazy secondaries who do another BB's worth of damage on top of their own ships normal main gun damage.

Every ship has their own thing which sucks playing against and can leave them unharmed. You know what helps lessen that? Teamwork.

ABSOLUTELY  AGREE!

Aircraft carriers are not the ONLY source of complaining out there.....the game of WoWS is not perfect.....and it never will be.  There will always.....ALWAYS...be something that needs nerfing or buffing.

Now with that said......

I think that CV gameplay as it stands NOW is more balanced than what it WAS back when the CV-Rework was brand new (about exactly a year ago from the time I type this).  CVs initially were TOO powerful...but then AA guns were buffed that made CVs TOO weak....and thus the pendulum went back in forth......and STILL swings back in forth some would argue.  But I think that now, the pendulum is mostly settled and that CVs are not as strong nor as weak as they used to be back in 2019.

One more thing: in case anyone of you have been paying attention to the latest news....several modules are getting buffed/changed.  AA modules in particular are getting buffed.   Even as a CV players....I EMBRACE THIS CHANGE.  

While I do not want to see CV nerfed to kingdom come.....I do want to see other ships, i.e. cruisers, destroyers, and battleships have a chance of surviving airplane attacks. 

[O7]
Members
5,393 posts
12,182 battles
29 minutes ago, otakuben said:

But this game isn't 1v1. Yes the ranked was 1v1 but regular gameplay is not. You cannot equate 1v1 to team vs team. By those standards the Tirpitz is the most OP battleship at tier 8.

Team play changes everything. Again single minded thinking will not get you the answers you want. A football team can have the best quarterback in existence but if the rest of his team sucks then they won't win.

Rewards are individual, missions are individual, progress is individual. Don't try to sell me that a DD who gets spotted and deleted by rockets and shells from being spotted is ok with it if his team wins in the end. Don't try to sell me that a BB who gets constantly harassed by planes and forced to circle and have no effect beyond being a target is ok with it because his team won. Every day I hear 'i play for fun' from someone out there, which i've long been against too. I'd love for everyone to play randoms as a team, and be rewarded as a team, but the simple fact is that it never has been like that, and probably never will be. 

People use 'team game' to obfuscate carriers being a problem. The only time this game really becomes a team game is CBs, tournaments and -maybe- ranked, because now the goal is winning and not personal ship/tier/mission progress. And even in those modes, carriers are oppressive.

You can call me single minded all you like. The truth is i've experienced, dealt with, and played carriers my entire time playing this game for 4 1/2 years. I guess all that experience is single minded, I should have less like you so I wouldn't be so blind.

• Cool 1

[SMLSK]
Beta Testers
1,370 posts
2,054 battles
2 minutes ago, Pulicat said:

Rewards are individual, missions are individual, progress is individual. Don't try to sell me that a DD who gets spotted and deleted by rockets and shells from being spotted is ok with it if his team wins in the end. Don't try to sell me that a BB who gets constantly harassed by planes and forced to circle and have no effect beyond being a target is ok with it because his team won. Every day I hear 'i play for fun' from someone out there, which i've long been against too. I'd love for everyone to play randoms as a team, and be rewarded as a team, but the simple fact is that it never has been like that, and probably never will be. 

People use 'team game' to obfuscate carriers being a problem. The only time this game really becomes a team game is CBs, tournaments and -maybe- ranked, because now the goal is winning and not personal ship/tier/mission progress. And even in those modes, carriers are oppressive.

You can call me single minded all you like. The truth is i've experienced, dealt with, and played carriers my entire time playing this game for 4 1/2 years. I guess all that experience is single minded, I should have less like you so I wouldn't be so blind.

So let's start off with the amount of battles shown is not what I've played in total. I was a closed beta tester and played during the alpha weekends.

Yes prizes, awards, and missions are singular. However you will not accomplish them unless you work as a team, period. Deny it all you want but it's true. If you think every game is a free for all then you aren't paying attention to how games generally run. Yes there are yolo idiots and people who refuse to help others. As whole though teams work together. It may not be the most organized like CB's but they do work together.

Unless you get this through your mind you'll never have fun playing the game or be able to deal with problems.

[SALVO]
Members
2,504 posts
6,669 battles
34 minutes ago, otakuben said:

So let's start off with the amount of battles shown is not what I've played in total. I was a closed beta tester and played during the alpha weekends.

Yes prizes, awards, and missions are singular. However you will not accomplish them unless you work as a team, period. Deny it all you want but it's true. If you think every game is a free for all then you aren't paying attention to how games generally run. Yes there are yolo idiots and people who refuse to help others. As whole though teams work together. It may not be the most organized like CB's but they do work together.

Unless you get this through your mind you'll never have fun playing the game or be able to deal with problems.

And what does anything you say here have to do with the original argument that CVs are broken ?  You argued your way down some back alley that has nothing to do with the original point from him.   CVs get to pick every engagement, there is no situation in which defensive AA fire can be used offensively against CVs. 

[BGSSC]
[BGSSC]
Members
2,619 posts
10,480 battles
3 hours ago, otakuben said:

In my Ark Royal.

We still lost.

The other team also had a CV, so two OP ships cancel each other out.  100K damage is a nice outing for any T6 ship.  I'm betting the ships you targeted didn't enjoy the game so much, even though they won.

Good game though.  Well done.

[BB35]
Members
445 posts
13,024 battles

Id like to see one "HUGE" change to CVs.

Fires. CV Fires should burn longer and do a lot more damage. This was historically correct. You light a carrier on fire, you created a huge issue for the ship. Example, make fires burn for 60 Seconds, if they hit DCP theres only a 50% chance of putting the fire out. For every 20 seconds a fire burns theres a 10% chance it will ignite another fire.  (Yes one fire can sink the ship if you get bad luck).

This would make CVs think about attacking CVs at the beginning of the fight again.

Members
324 posts
5 hours ago, eviltane said:

CVs get to pick every engagement, there is no situation in which defensive AA fire can be used offensively against CVs. 

AA guns on ships are literally ONLY defensive weapons, historically speaking and in terms of WOWS gameplay.

And.....no CVs do not get to pick every engagement.  Sure, they have higher mobility to attack enemy targets due to planes being faster than ships.....but on maps where their are islands, CVs cannot control the fact that an AA cruiser or destroyer can hide behind islands and in between islands.  And CVs cannot control the lobbying of Random Battle on whether or not they--the CVs are going to be uptier or bottom tier (unless they are Tier X CVs), and CVs cannot effectively attack a whole group of enemy ships massed together with combined AA bubbles. 

So if you please, explain what you mean by how "CVs get to pick every engagement"?