You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
handybilly

"The king is dead. Long live the King"

45 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
557 posts
9,790 battles

Sigh...it was fun while it lasted. I suspect with the new detection ranges and torpedo nerf that my Kleber and Mogador will not be seen too much. Longer detection range kills the possibility of torpedo attacks and they then made the torps easier to see killing them anyways. Fantasque may still be a very viable boat but I have been playing it as a torpedo boat and not a gunboat. That will be a little more difficult.  Yes, they were probably overpowered but now Kleber is just a Khaba with less powerful guns. It was overkill.  The speed is still wonderful but now they will just be dodging gunfire and air attacks with it.    Talk among yourselves.... 

[FEM]
Members
2,073 posts
17,224 battles

Kleber when played to its strengths and played at its best is entirely unaffected, yes those forcing it into an assassin/torpedo gameplay style will be negatively impacted, yes it will still nuke BBs and slow reload cruisers that it rushes when it can.

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles

Despite the nerfs, I'd still rather play Kleber than Khabarovsk any day of the week.  It's still a dynamically better ship.

• Cool 1

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,614 posts
15,405 battles

Henri seems way more dead. I'm not so sure about Mog or Kleb.

Members
485 posts
15,274 battles
3 minutes ago, pikohan said:

Henri seems way more dead. I'm not so sure about Mog or Kleb.

I have to agree with this.  Henri acceleration got completely butchered.  This is with speed boost active for reference.

1579103403898.gif

Edited by Hatsuzuki_DD
  • Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
4,505 posts
20,707 battles
4 minutes ago, Hatsuzuki_DD said:

I have to agree with this.  Henri acceleration got completely butchered.  This is with speed boost active for reference.

1579103403898.gif

Ugh and so it goes the way of the YY

Members
485 posts
15,274 battles
Just now, NoLoveForPhatShips said:

Ugh and so it goes the way of the YY

Nah just means dont stop in open water like you could before

[SALVO]
Members
4,505 posts
20,707 battles
Just now, Hatsuzuki_DD said:

Nah just means dont stop in open water like you could before

I don't know with that loss I don't see a reason to play it anymore versus something else

[WORX]
Members
11,446 posts
19,196 battles

Welcome to the theme of WOWS 2020, a game centered around BBs and guns only...

This is the 3rd year of this selling point, frankly its getting old...

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3

[NGA]
Supertester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
1,758 posts
5,703 battles
37 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

Kleber when played to its strengths and played at its best is entirely unaffected, yes those forcing it into an assassin/torpedo gameplay style will be negatively impacted, yes it will still nuke BBs and slow reload cruisers that it rushes when it can.

This exactly.

Agreed as usual Kebob.

[KMS]
[KMS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,662 posts
12,125 battles
1 hour ago, handybilly said:

Sigh...it was fun while it lasted. I suspect with the new detection ranges and torpedo nerf that my Kleber and Mogador will not be seen too much. Longer detection range kills the possibility of torpedo attacks and they then made the torps easier to see killing them anyways. Fantasque may still be a very viable boat but I have been playing it as a torpedo boat and not a gunboat. That will be a little more difficult.  Yes, they were probably overpowered but now Kleber is just a Khaba with less powerful guns. It was overkill.  The speed is still wonderful but now they will just be dodging gunfire and air attacks with it.    Talk among yourselves.... 

Welcome to the club - Shim

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,840 posts
4,733 battles

"The king is dead. Long live the King"

Huh?  Isn't this thread about the late, great Henri IV

"You come at the king, you best not miss." - Omar Little

And they didn't.

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
4,178 posts
4,376 battles
1 hour ago, Hatsuzuki_DD said:

1579103403898.gif

I am 100% happy that I will never see Henri in CB again.

~Hunter

1,063 posts

Henri acceleration got completely butchered

that has to be a bug right? ...   did you report it ???

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,840 posts
4,733 battles
Just now, Ozium said:

that has to be a bug right? ...   did you report it ???

It's not a bug.  It's an intentional ner.. er .. assassination.

• Funny 1

[STW-A]
Members
831 posts
7,122 battles

1579103403898.gif

Henri now takes 33% longer to accelerate to maximum speed than battleships.  You're basically forced to use the engine module to get it back to normal for a cruiser, or just never stop moving forward under any circumstances.  I'm glad to see Wargaming's excellent balancing team at work again.

Edited by Deviathan

[ARGSY]
Members
557 posts
9,790 battles
12 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

The """nerf""" to Mogador and Kleber is completely irrelevant if you play to its optimal playstyle

So you are saying that accepting a one dimensional ship playstyle is much  more preferable and enjoyable to having options? I have my own optimal playstyle and it was working quite well for me. Doubt it will  now.  Irrelevant to you perhaps but not for me. 

• Cool 2

[O7]
Members
1,032 posts
4,927 battles
2 minutes ago, handybilly said:

So you are saying that accepting a one dimensional ship playstyle is much  more preferable and enjoyable to having options? I have my own optimal playstyle and it was working quite well for me. Doubt it will  now.  Irrelevant to you perhaps but not for me. 

Each ship have its own play style, if you want to play a torpedo ship, play the Shimakaze

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Members
5,951 posts
Just now, DolphinPrincess said:

Each ship have its own play style, if you want to play a torpedo ship, play the Shimakaze

You have any comments about Henri?  I find you have a unique way of pointing out things about ships that I hadn't really thought about before.

• Funny 1

[ARGSY]
Members
557 posts
9,790 battles

I am sorry but have to disagree. Many ships have multiple playstyles and that is a good thing. I play the Fantasque as a torpedo boat and the Mog and Kleber as both gunboats and fine torpedo boats. I don't play the Shimi because of that. There is one playstyle for that ship and it gets boring. The French DDs are the most versatile in the game. It is why I love them. If you think they only have one playstyle well, good for you. But I know otherwise. 

[O7]
Members
1,032 posts
4,927 battles
5 minutes ago, Kirov_Six said:

You have any comments about Henri?  I find you have a unique way of pointing out things about ships that I hadn't really thought about before.

image0.gif

Its new acceleration is just slightly worse than the Republic

A cruiser having battleship acceleration and deceleration will be forced to long range gameplay, quite a heavy nerf.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
5,951 posts
14 minutes ago, DolphinPrincess said:

image0.gif

Its new acceleration is just slightly worse than the Republic

A cruiser having battleship acceleration and deceleration will be forced to long range gameplay, quite a heavy nerf.

Well, hopefully the spreadsheet will recognize in a couple months that it's underperforming, and bring it closer to balance.  WG loves their sledgehammers. 

Thanks for the reply, too.  :cap_like: