Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rabbitt81

I get the message WG - events are for whales only

105 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

1,791
[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
15,884 battles

 

Players that can't/won't spend $300 plus per event can take a hike. 

I logged on maybe a week total during the Payto Rico event and it's looking like I will be doing the same for this whale hunting expedition. 

PS: Could somebody in St. Petersburg please glue a nickle to the sidewalk near the Lesta building and record the ensuing fist fights? :Smile_trollface:

                               Y'ALL    G R E E D Y

whale.jpg

Edited by Rabbitt81
  • Cool 15
  • Funny 6
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 16

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13,498
[ARGSY]
Members
21,686 posts
15,738 battles

So you want all the guaranteed content at a bargain price.

Sorry, no.

Wait four weeks, then grind the ships out the old-fashioned way. 6000 doubloons to put permacamos on Devonshire, Surrey and Albemarle, or maybe you can play for the tokens and see how many of them you can pull without spending a dime. 

Early indications are that Hawkins will branch off Emerald rather than Danae, so be prepared to grind either one depending on how things fall out when the tree goes live.

  • Cool 4
  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,619
[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,263 posts
17,123 battles

While yes, there is a monetized option to get through and secure the EA ships, there is also a completely free bundle that can be unlocked by use of the British Tokens.

British Tokens can be earned by interacting with the game via Daily Shipments, Missions, and Directives. There is 600 tokens that can be earned for free, which equates to 30 free redemptions and chances to receive the EA ships.

There is something for everyone.

Fem, 

  • Cool 13
  • Boring 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,656
[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
7 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

There is something for everyone.

Why are so many people missing this point?

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
605
[TOAST]
[TOAST]
Members
1,444 posts
10,195 battles

You literally just have to play and get free stuff. How can you complain about getting random free stuff for doing something you'd be doing anyways? This makes no sense.

Edited by Vekta408
  • Cool 7
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,382
[FEM]
Members
2,073 posts
17,244 battles
11 minutes ago, Vekta408 said:

You literally just have to play and get free stuff. How can you complain about getting random free stuff for doing something you'd be doing anyways? This make no sense.

Convinced yet this is the least intelligent, whiniest/16 yo rich girl entitlement playerbase of any game?

  • Cool 4
  • Funny 1
  • Confused 3
  • Boring 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
149
[SALVO]
Members
666 posts
14,747 battles
16 minutes ago, Vekta408 said:

You literally just have to play and get free stuff. How can you complain about getting random free stuff for doing something you'd be doing anyways? This make no sense.

OP has a long history of stuff like this.  I would put them on ignore if not for the entertainment value of the postings.

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33,614
[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,712 posts
19,904 battles
26 minutes ago, Ace_04 said:

Why are so many people missing this point?

People just want the biggest prizes for the least amount of energy / investment possible. And they call WG greedy.

  • Cool 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,210
[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,095 battles
40 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

There is something for everyone.

How much of "everyone" get the PR without pay?

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
290
[DIEBL]
Members
649 posts
8,442 battles
2 minutes ago, KHyena said:

How much of "everyone" get the PR without pay?

Exactly as many people as was appropriate for the respective routes to obtain it.

  • Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,962
[HINON]
Members
13,732 posts
17 minutes ago, Lert said:

People just want the biggest prizes for the least amount of energy / investment possible. And they call WG greedy.

Touche. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
207
[-AGW-]
Members
999 posts
14,810 battles

If you can get over this need for instant gratification at all times there's really nothing wrong with this game or how it makes money.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,619
[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,263 posts
17,123 battles
6 minutes ago, KHyena said:

How much of "everyone" get the PR without pay?

We've already conceded there was failures of the PR event and its promotion. 

We plan to work on that going forward, hopefully we'll have more information soon.

Fem, 

  • Cool 5
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,936
[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,899 posts
11,670 battles
1 minute ago, KHyena said:

How much of "everyone" get the PR without pay?

Who cares ??? 

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,578 posts
22,927 battles
4 minutes ago, KHyena said:

How much of "everyone" get the PR without pay?

    Something for everyone means exactly that, doesn't mean everyone gets everything no matter what. How many people do you think will get all the British cruisers for free with the tokens? Getting PR for free in that event was almost literally getting everything for nothing. Two ships some perma camos coal steel regular camos … etc. I am by no means saying I liked the idea of the Puerto Rico or its grind, I thought it was excessive, but if you are going to compare the two things you really should try and do it in the most honest way possible.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,268
[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,514 posts
1 hour ago, Rabbitt81 said:

Players that can't/won't spend $300 plus per event can take a hike. 

I logged on maybe a week total during the Payto Rico event and it's looking like I will be doing the same for this whale hunting expedition. 

PS: Could somebody in St. Petersburg please glue a nickle to the sidewalk near the Lesta building and record the ensuing fist fights? :Smile_trollface:

After the last year, this gut reaction is entirely understandable.

However I think it's somewhat an overreaction in this specific particular instance

There are tokens available for just logging in, and for regular gameplay regardless of how much money you've spent.  Those tokens can be spent on RNG rolls for up to 30 packages of stuff that might include early access to the next line of ships. 

That said, those willing to drop nutty amounts of cash on this event will get more and if spending enough will get a guaranteed result, and that has its own issues. And the ongoing RNG-heavy approach to these things is still a problem. 

My suggestion is to log in as much as you enjoy, play the game to the extent you enjoy it and in the ways you enjoy it, and take whatever comes from that amount of play. 

 

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
705
[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,159 posts
55 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

While yes, there is a monetized option to get through and secure the EA ships, there is also a completely free bundle that can be unlocked by use of the British Tokens.

British Tokens can be earned by interacting with the game via Daily Shipments, Missions, and Directives. There is 600 tokens that can be earned for free, which equates to 30 free redemptions and chances to receive the EA ships.

There is something for everyone.

Fem, 

I'm always slightly amused that whenever you post, it's like you're typing off a promotion talking points sheet straight from Belarus. :cap_hmm:

  • Funny 4
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
311
[TRU]
Members
696 posts
20,157 battles
41 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

Convinced yet this is the least intelligent, whiniest/16 yo rich girl entitlement playerbase of any game?

This seems to be a real problem on the forums.  If you do a quick scan of the dozens of posts that complain about "monetization" you would think that every player feels that way.

Luckily you can see in the responses thus far common sense still exists.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,619
[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,263 posts
17,123 battles
1 minute ago, TornadoADV said:

I'm always slightly amused that whenever you post, it's like you're typing off a promotion talking points sheet straight from Belarus. :cap_hmm:

*head tilt...

No? Its just the facts of the promotion lol. Part of my position is clarifying player concerns so I have to use information to do this :P

All my responses are written by me :P I just have a very formal way of speaking.

Fem, 

  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
918
[USCC]
Members
3,074 posts
14,320 battles
1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

My suggestion is to log in as much as you enjoy, play the game to the extent you enjoy it and in the ways you enjoy it, and take whatever comes from that amount of play. 

Yep, This is entertainment, and sort of a hobby in some ways. My other hobby is restoring vehicles, and I can tell you this, WOWS is but a fraction of the cost of that hobby.
Some can argue that my other hobby has a return value, and they'd be correct, but that's not why I do it. Same for WOWS, I do it for the fun of it, the entertainment.
It all comes down to perspective, and what "value" you put on your entertainment. For me. WOWS has been, and for the most part will continue to be of good value per my time invested. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,210
[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,095 battles
16 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

We've already conceded there was failures of the PR event and its promotion. 

We plan to work on that going forward, hopefully we'll have more information soon.

Fem, 

After cv rework + PR event + NTC + moving UU's for RB to revive NTC i just

image.png.4381dffec1d851a262343e6bcfc9dcc6.png

from anything from wg.

  • Cool 3
  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,210
[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,095 battles
22 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Who cares ???

 

20 minutes ago, Alabamastan said:

    Something for everyone means exactly that, doesn't mean everyone gets everything no matter what. How many people do you think will get all the British cruisers for free with the tokens? Getting PR for free in that event was almost literally getting everything for nothing. Two ships some perma camos coal steel regular camos … etc. I am by no means saying I liked the idea of the Puerto Rico or its grind, I thought it was excessive, but if you are going to compare the two things you really should try and do it in the most honest way possible. 

The problem is not "be or not" to everyone, the problem is wg promote something as "easy to get/for everyone".

Remember the twitter post from some wg employer saying "free PR grind was easy" and at same pic using the doublons boost?

 

I dont really care if the PR event its just for whales (sinse wg need make money) but you dont promote something "easy" "for everyone" "you can do it for free" and make a pay wall grind hell and expect everyone be 'ok' with that, its just a lie for your customers.

  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×