Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
_CPR

Never before seen shenanigans

37 comments in this topic

[KSD]
Members
263 posts
12,741 battles

New patch came online so I went into the armory to see what's needed for the early access Heavy Cruisers and saw this beauty.

shot-20.01.15_10.06.29-0623.jpg

Edited by LT_Chatbanned
  • Confused 1

[FEM]
Members
2,084 posts
17,244 battles

Or you can get a chance at these *TECH TREE* ships early access through the free currency.

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,871 posts
4,733 battles

So.  $4 for 6% chance of jumping into the middle of a tech tree.  Statistics doesn't quite work this way, but 8 bundles ($32) gets me in the vicinity of a 50% chance.

Hmm...  I think I'd rather have the groceries.

• Cool 1

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,264 posts
17,123 battles

Did you miss the bundle that is for British Tokens which can be earned by interacting with the game via daily shipments, missions, and directives?

As per usual, paying will get you things quicker and easier, but there is still plenty of options and opportunities for players not wanting to pay.

Fem, 

• Cool 3

[KSD]
Members
263 posts
12,741 battles
6 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Did you miss the bundle that is for British Tokens which can be earned by interacting with the game via daily shipments, missions, and directives?

As per usual, paying will get you things quicker and easier, but there is still plenty of options and opportunities for players not wanting to pay.

Fem, 

I did see those bundles, but my experience with the free crates has never given me a ship after hundreds of openings.  Are the odds better than usual in the crates for tokens?

• Cool 1

[GOB]
[GOB]
Members
2,399 posts
8 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Fem, 

People are just trigger happy after the PR Fire.  My first bundle waiting for me was the DEVONSHIRE.. Not sure if everyone will see that first thing but yeah.. I got it.  People will calm down as they see that these can be gotten for free.  Not their faults for being twitchy about this though.

Col Out

• Cool 1

[NSC]
Members
211 posts
11,092 battles

My first bundle was the t5 ship (for 1,000 doubloons).  It also includes the premium camo.

• Cool 1

Members
2,439 posts
14,392 battles
11 minutes ago, __Dave said:

My first bundle was the t5 ship (for 1,000 doubloons).  It also includes the premium camo.

I wonder if WG is still claiming all the ships have the same drop rate chance this time.  They have stated before that all tiers of ships, T5-T8, have the same drop rate...but most people seem to get the ships in numerical order, lowest to highest.  A few outliers, but I highly doubt they are all the same chance.

The 4-5 times they've done this, I have always gotten the T5 first, then 6, etc. We shall see.

[TORT]
Members
86 posts
3,567 battles

I spent 20,000 dubs on it. Got two cruisers out of it, tier V and VI. I stopped there. The other rewards aren't really worth it.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,063 posts

would love to see them post the odds but that's not in their best interest so won't unless forced

edit: talking odds of a ship dropping or ratio of all potentials

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,871 posts
4,733 battles
2 minutes ago, Ozium said:

would love to see them post the odds but that's not in their best interest so won't unless forced

The odds of these bundles ARE posted.  How could you have missed that?  Even more than that, the content of your currently purchasable bundle is known 100%!

One complication to a straight statistical evaluation is that the contents of the crate you are about to purchase is known.  The Armory shows it to you.  So what you are purchasing is the shown bundle, plus a 6% chance to have the next bundle turn up a ship.

• Confused 1

1,063 posts
1 minute ago, iDuckman said:

The odds of these bundles ARE posted

REALLY ???   what's the odds of a ship dropping ...

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,871 posts
4,733 battles
2 minutes ago, Ozium said:

REALLY ???   what's the odds of a ship dropping ...

As I said above - 6%.  4 chances of 65.  That will change as bundles and ships are received, but 6% is the base chance. 

Probably coincidence, in PT my first bundles for Dubs and Tokens were both ships. I could see both bundle contents before I bought them.  Thereafter, of 16 or so more bundles, no ships.

[KSD]
Members
263 posts
12,741 battles

I now have the tier 8.  

got the tier 5 in 4 bundles.

got the tier 6 in 7 bundles.

got the tier 7 in 40 bundles.

got the tier 8 in 59 bundles.

1,063 posts
2 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

As I said above - 6%.  4 chances of 65.

not sure where get that from as surely it's not posted as you so adamantly proclaim ...

[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,871 posts
4,733 battles
Just now, Ozium said:

not sure where get that from as surely it's not posted as you so adamantly proclaim ...

Read:

shot-20_01.15_10_06.29-0623.thumb.jpg.54

65 possible bundle drops.  Four of them are ships.

1,063 posts
8 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

65 possible bundle drops.  Four of them are ships.

sorry was reading news portal not that

(4) 5.79% (3) 4.41% (2) 2.98% (1) 1.51%

[-OG-]
Members
284 posts
8,648 battles
2 hours ago, Femennenly said:

but there is still plenty of options and opportunities for players not wanting to pay.

^this. It pisses me off that players don’t realize that they don’t have to pay money for in-game items. Like actually read the directives and descriptions and do the math, you’ll realize that you can get basically whatever you want if you’re patient and play regularly. 

[WOLF9]
Members
916 posts
20,959 battles

I bought 2 bundles for dubloons.  Got the T5 Hawkins on the second bundle.  I stopped there.  O/4 on the token crates.  Whoever posted the line gets better at T7 is correct.  First salvo of the game at me.  Full health ...  Sunk.  LOL  I did better in the Italian T5.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,569 posts
8,240 battles
4 minutes ago, Awe5ome said:

^this. It pisses me off that players don’t realize that they don’t have to pay money for in-game items. Like actually read the directives and descriptions and do the math, you’ll realize that you can get basically whatever you want if you’re patient and play regularly. 

A lot of us preferred guaranteed value over lottery tickets. On events like this, many, including myself, preferred throwing our event tokens at permacamo instead of loot boxes. 

• Cool 3

[NOOBS]
Members
87 posts
2,512 battles
3 hours ago, Femennenly said:

Fem, 

You are correct, but making the appearance of HAWKINS to look like a Premium Ship for 1000 doubloons is beyond shenanigans, down right pathetic way to scam your customers.

Sign in to follow this