Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Wazaa16

What does Stalin has to do with the British Navy?

21 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
97 posts
1,366 battles

I mean for sure he does not look like Churchill

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,097
[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,766 battles
10 minutes ago, Wazaa16 said:

image.png.b066e523f5fbf752cf3da422a0eb2c0a.png

 

Any thoughts?

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. 

Fun fact: he drowned during a planned trip to Russia. So, uh... THERE'S THE STALIN CONNECTION, FOLKS!

Edited by Battlecruiser_Repulse

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,179
[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts

Nope. It's of Lord Kitchener himself:

lossy-page1-1024px-Men,_Materials,_and_MHoratio_Herbert_Kitchener_(cropped).jpg

Americans always think it's of KGV even though it looks nothing like him:

King_George_V_of_E_3556764b.jpg

The Royals have such distinctive looks I will never understand the ability to mistake them with anyone.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,097
[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,766 battles
2 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Nope. It's of Lord Kitchener himself:

lossy-page1-1024px-Men,_Materials,_and_MHoratio_Herbert_Kitchener_(cropped).jpg

Americans always think it's of KGV even though it looks nothing like him:

King_George_V_of_E_3556764b.jpg

The Royals have such distinctive looks I will never understand the ability to mistake them with anyone.

NUH UH. THAT'S NICHOLAS II!

%D0%98%D0%BC%D0%BF%D0%B5%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%

THIS ENTIRE EVENT IS A RUSSIAN CONSPIRACY!

M-bison-yes-o.gif

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5,925
[WOLFG]
Members
30,786 posts
9,354 battles
10 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Nope. It's of Lord Kitchener himself:

lossy-page1-1024px-Men,_Materials,_and_MHoratio_Herbert_Kitchener_(cropped).jpg

Americans always think it's of KGV even though it looks nothing like him:

King_George_V_of_E_3556764b.jpg

The Royals have such distinctive looks I will never understand the ability to mistake them with anyone.

It's understandable. I used to think Dirk Benedict looked like Bobby Sherman....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,179
[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
13 minutes ago, NashW8 said:

George V and Nicolas II. They were cousins after all. Now which is which?

Really REALLLLY distantly. You have to go up to George II to reach a common ancestor (and iirc just about everyone in Europe is related to George II). In fact when they are pictured together it really highlights how different they look. The Royal Family has some strong damn genes because they ALL look the same despite clothing/beards/age.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,588
[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,883 posts
4,733 battles

Yeah.  Victoria R is clearly related, if one imagines her with a beard.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,179
[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
10 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

Yeah.  Victoria R is clearly related, if one imagines her with a beard.

She was Nicholas' Consort, not his mother. To get a non-marriage based relation from the Romanovs to the Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (later Windsor), you need to go way back to George II.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,588
[WOLF9]
Privateers
14,883 posts
4,733 battles
Just now, _RC1138 said:

She was Nicholas' Consort, not his mother. To get a non-marriage based relation from the Romanovs to the Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (later Windsor), you need to go way back to George II.

So, related, right?  As I said.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,733
[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
8,753 posts
15,308 battles

Is 'strong genes' the code for 'oh my the in-breeding'?

  • Funny 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
207
[-AGW-]
Members
999 posts
14,839 battles
1 hour ago, _RC1138 said:

Really REALLLLY distantly. You have to go up to George II to reach a common ancestor (and iirc just about everyone in Europe is related to George II). In fact when they are pictured together it really highlights how different they look. The Royal Family has some strong damn genes because they ALL look the same despite clothing/beards/age.

Nope. Their mothers were sisters. Both were princesses of Denmark. So they were direct first cousins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
Guest
0 posts
3 hours ago, _RC1138 said:

The Royals have such distinctive looks I will never understand the ability to mistake them with anyone.

all those marriages to cousins.:Smile_hiding:

Of course, other royal dynasties such as the Hapsburgs were much more distinctive, in that sense.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,258
[XBRTC]
Members
3,154 posts
10,065 battles
2 hours ago, _RC1138 said:

She was Nicholas' Consort, not his mother. To get a non-marriage based relation from the Romanovs to the Saxe-Coburg and Gotha (later Windsor), you need to go way back to George II.

 

Yeah, not so much. You just need to go back to George V's mother and Nicholas II's mother, who were sisters. They were first cousins.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
1,289 posts
2,399 battles
1 hour ago, LoveBote said:

all those marriages to cousins.:Smile_hiding:

Of course, other royal dynasties such as the Hapsburgs were much more distinctive, in that sense.

 

I dont know what your talkchining about sir.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×