You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kizarvexis

Infinite UK early access TOKEN bundles! Really?

338 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
20,315 posts
13,642 battles

You can earn up to 600 British Tokens in this patch. Daily Shipments have 40, the Directives have 360, and the Daily Chains from Fri Jan 17th thru Wed, Feb 5th have 200 British Tokens.

In the past, when you had Token bundles, you would be able to buy ALL of them if you got most to all of the Tokens for that patch. This patch, you evidently have an infinite number of Token bundles that are available.

DRjQxnI.jpg

That sucks hairy moose balls WG if you are hoping to get an early access ship with Tokens. I and many others find little value in the rewards for the Doubloon bundles and I for one will not spend doubloons hoping for the only two doubloon bundles I find of value (ships or 7 days premium).

If the reason for infinite Token bundles was because the perma-camo is linked to the ships, please go back to the separate perma-camo and ship bundles.

EDIT: One, this post is about Token bundles even tho there is ONE sentence about dub bundles.

NOTE: Per WG, If you get an early access ship from one of the bundle types, you can STILL GET THE SAME ship from the other type of bundle. You get credit compensation for duplicates. So for example, if you get an early access Hawking CA from the Token bundles, you can still get the Hawking CA from the Doubloon bundles and you will credit compensation.

Edited by Kizarvexis
  • Cool 27
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 5

Members
864 posts
4,679 battles

Like they couldn't have made it the same as the halloween? Where at least you could get everything if you did enough grinding.

• Cool 6

[ARP]
Members
2,252 posts
21,461 battles

So we can get a head start on tech tree ships for absolutely free? Okay, so why is there a complaint about this? You get a chance of a ship early at a cost of zero dollars.

• Cool 9
  • Boring 3

[WOLF5]
Members
304 posts
14,451 battles

Don't get mad about it, they are free if we choose. Breath, relax, and buy some premium time with your tokens and research in 4 weeks like a normal line release. The lack of a bundle limit just changes the decision. Tokens go to something I want and can guarantee.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
11 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

So we can get a head start on tech tree ships for absolutely free? Okay, so why is there a complaint about this? You get a chance of a ship early at a cost of zero dollars.

No, you have a CHANCE at an early start on the tech tree ships for absolutely free, but each new chance is completely random and even if you grind ever possible Token and buy every possible package you could still end up with none of the tech tree ships early.

This also sheds a new light on the 65 packages for 1000 doubloons each on the other track -- do we know if this ever guarantees getting the early access, or is it effectively a set of disconnected rolls that never increase the odds, like we now know the tokens packages are? 

Edit, the second has been answered/confirmed, the doubloons packages are limited to 65 total, so in theory spending 65000 doubloons, or $260, would guarantee you a few weeks of feeling special about "exclusive" access to 4 tech tree ships that most others don't have. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 2

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,404 posts
16,552 battles

Are we this soft that WG offering bundles for doubloons with known content before you use said doubloons to buy them is offensive? I mean come on, if the stuff in the bundle is of value then buy it. If it’s not of value then play for free and earn the ships completely free aside from the value you place on your own time. 

• Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[S0L0]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
5,432 posts
9,039 battles
36 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

I think they are offended at the continuous & ever increasing whale milking for those who don't mind paying money for access tech tree ships a few weeks early.   Its an alternate mindset that can't be understood by us blue collar players.   

Edited by iRA6E
Excuse cultural disadvantages
  • Boring 2

[SVEN]
Beta Testers
679 posts
18,054 battles

Also bear in mind that the perma camos for for the tech tree ships are included.

[SALTY]
Members
8,930 posts
18,138 battles
8 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

Are we this soft that WG offering bundles for doubloons with known content before you use said doubloons to buy them is offensive? I mean come on, if the stuff in the bundle is of value then buy it. If it’s not of value then play for free and earn the ships completely free aside from the value you place on your own time. 

Exactly.  It's a completely optional event that people are expecting automatic results from.

Snowflakes gonna flake.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
20,315 posts
13,642 battles
6 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

The point is that in past events where the ships were put into bundles, you could get most to all of the Tokens and buy ALL the token bundles and be guaranteed to get all the ships. Or you could spend most to all of the Tokens you got to get perma-camos.

Now by WG putting the perma-camo with the ships and having infinite Token bundles, you get the worst of both. 

• Cool 7
  • Boring 1

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
19 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

In the past, when you had Token bundles, you would be able to buy ALL of them if you got most to all of the Tokens for that patch. This patch, you evidently have an infinite number of Token bundles that are available.

You didn't know that? They told you that in the first announcement. That's why I said the odds this time are very biased. It should be just 11 tries for any one outcome, but in reality it's technically 1/∞.

Edited by _RC1138

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Banned
16,985 posts
4 minutes ago, ditka_Fatdog said:

1 minute ago, Ace_04 said:

Exactly.  It's a completely optional event that people are expecting automatic results from.

Snowflakes gonna flake.

This thread is actually about the Token bundles. 

But don't let a little thing like details stop you from kneejerking your way to feeling superior to everyone else.

• Cool 4
  • Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
20,315 posts
13,642 battles
4 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

No, you have a CHANCE at an early start on the tech tree ships for absolutely free, but each new chance is completely random and even if you grind ever possible Token and buy every possible package you could still end up with none of the tech tree ships early.

This also sheds a new light on the 65 packages for 1000 doubloons each on the other track -- do we know if this ever guarantees getting the early access, or is it effectively a set of disconnected rolls that never increase the odds, like we now know the tokens packages are? 

There are 65 packages for the doubloons. 

0fEINPf.jpg 

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,404 posts
16,552 battles

I am assuming the odds are no different than buying the containers either with tokens or doubloons. Sometime I get a free ship, sometimes I get multiple, so it’s still random just presented differently. No issue for me

[ARGSY]
Members
31,058 posts
29,279 battles

In fairness, regarding the ships it's probably no different from the boxes that some idiot countries won't let them use any more (and at least this time, you are spared the however-many base XP grind once you unlock it). You could win all the free crates and not come out of it with a ship from those either. So in a way we're just back where we were, but with the added feature of knowing what the next free box will hold.

Compare with previous events, where you were playing for free crates. You can play for a maximum of thirty of those.

The "richard" move in this case, IMHO, is tying the permacamos to the pre-release ships, unlike the French DD and Italian cruiser events. We are in full agreement on this one, @Kizarvexis. But that's only if you take those events as the new normal.

The silver lining is for those who would normally spend the cash equivalent of 65K doubloons on a crate splurge anyway. THOSE people are GUARANTEED all four ships, and will not have to grind base XP for them.

Compare with the previous events, where every doubloon crate only had the probability of a ship dropping, and no amount of premium containers would guarantee you all four unlocks. 

We have, in effect, gone back to the way early releases were right at the start, with French Battleships, BUT they've prevented the situation whereby some foolish person can spend many, many hundreds of dollars trying to get the early unlocks AND STILL FAIL. This time around, the most anyone can spend to get all the goodies is CDN $327.60. So they've actually put a cap on it.

And if you get a ship, YOU GET THE SHIP - at once. With its permacamo. No Base XP grind.

Maybe not being able to grab the permacamos on their own so easily is worth all that. I don't know.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu
  • Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Members
304 posts
14,451 battles

WG is following a standard pattern. We as players are getting very good at taking apart their events. We are getting smarter about getting the max value, smarter customer. WG is responding by making the events more complicated and difficult to get the max value. We can do two things. Get smarter again, or stop playing. I am going to keep playing and get smarter about where I spend the tokens. Unlimited bundles, cool story bro, premium time for me.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
20,315 posts
13,642 battles
2 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

You didn't know that? They told you that in the first announcement. That's why I said the odds this time are very biased. It should be just 11 tries for any one outcome, but in reality it's technically 1/∞.

If you had read the UK CA early access event article, it did not specify an amount for either the Token bundles nor the doubloon bundles. I said as much in the PSA thread. NO ONE but WG knew that there would be infinite Token bundles until we got into the patch as WG withheld that info. Clear now?

• Cool 1

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

If you had read the UK CA early access event article, it did not specify an amount for either the Token bundles nor the doubloon bundles

Yes it did:

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/game-updates/british-cruisers/#random-bundles

Random bundles

• The contents of the currently available bundle will be visible to you.
  • After each exchange, the contents of the next random bundle will be visible to you.
  • Bundles that don't contain ships may appear more than once.

Eleven variants of random bundles have been added to the "British Navy 1" Armory section. Each can be obtained in exchange for 20 British Tokens.

[ARP]
Members
2,252 posts
21,461 battles
10 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

No, you have a CHANCE at an early start on the tech tree ships for absolutely free

That's what I said, and that's all that needs to be said.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[ARGSY]
Members
31,058 posts
29,279 battles
3 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

NO ONE but WG knew that there would be infinite Token bundles

I got that feeling in PTS, but given the way things changed between PTS and live for the PR event, I didn't even dare to take a guess this time around. Nor did I want to put that out while the PR furore was still in full flight.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

0 posts
5 minutes ago, iRA6E said:

I think they are offended at the continuous & ever increasing whale milking for those who don't mind paying money for access tech tree ships a few weeks early.   Its an alternate mindset that can't be understood by us blue collar players.   

12 minutes ago, Kebobstuzov said:

I confess to finding the op a tad confusing. But if I understand correctly the OP is upset because it is not possible to whale with cash a 100% chance of unlocking all the early access ship missions? Is this right?

I am in 2 minds, the loot crates are a plague, I hate the concept, whether they are entirely, infinitely, random drops or contain a finite and guaranteed drop. But, reducing the steep disadvantage which free2players face versus whale2players, however slightly, is not such a bad thing.

0 posts
1 minute ago, Battlecruiser_Repulse said:

Nobody in their right mind is going to shell out 65,000 doubloons to assure early access

which is excellent news. about time pay2win became unaffordable.:Smile_glasses:

• Cool 1
  • Funny 2

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
1,404 posts
16,552 battles
4 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

This thread is actually about the Token bundles. 

But don't let a little thing like details stop you from kneejerking your way to feeling superior to everyone else.

Hmm, well I am not sure how you misinterpreted what I said into some type of elitist statement. My point is in response to those complaining about the “cash grab” and token bundles is simply that it’s no different than before, just presented differently. Instead of using tokens to buy containers with random ship drop capability you now have bundles to spend tokens on with some random ability to also get a free ship.