You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CV_Jeebies

This patch is rather underwhelming.....

63 comments in this topic

[CYNIC]
Members
2,765 posts
6,960 battles

Directives are simple, but pay out nothing for the most part.  The armory for the event features a whole 2 loot box options.  WG should have thrown us a bone after the hell they put us through with the joke "grindmas" of last patch.  This has got to be the most lackluster ship release yet.  Gone are the days of actually being able to trade grind time for something of value.  This below, this is crap to put it simply. 

image.thumb.png.b05bd20b5e38aa6a0f443e8382585e89.png

Edited by NoSoMo
  • Cool 5
  • Boring 2

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
2 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

Directives are simple, but pay out nothing for the most part.  The armory for the event features a whole 2 loot box options.  WG should have thrown us a bone after the hell they put us through with the joke "grindmas" of last patch.  This got to be the most lackluster ship release yet.  Gone are the days of actually being able to trade grind time for something of value.  This below, this is crap to put it simply. 

Can you post some pics of the directives/completion modes for those of us not at home? I'm curious if scenarios are allowed/what level of grind they are expecting.

[CYNIC]
Members
2,765 posts
6,960 battles
3 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Can you post some pics of the directives/completion modes for those of us not at home? I'm curious if scenarios are allowed/what level of grind they are expecting.

Done with the game for now, getting some rest.  They're super simple .... like 1/10th of what the PR's events were.  It's stuff like "earn 10k base XP on T5+".  All stupidly simple, they just don't pay out anything.  It's like a regular flag or 2, or base XP, or ONE camo UK or luna.

Edited by NoSoMo

[ARGSY]
Members
21,526 posts
15,632 battles
5 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

This below, this is

This is what happens when unthinking people bully WG out of using lootboxes.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 6

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
11 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

Done with the game for now, getting some rest.  They're super simple .... like 1/10th of what the PR's events were.  It's stuff like "earn 10k base XP on T5+".  All stupidly simple, they just don't pay out anything.  It's like a regular flag or 2, or base XP, or ONE camo UK or luna.

Can they be done in all modes? Operations included?

6 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

The "rewards" are all hidden behind the RNG in the loot packages in the Armory.

After grinding like a maniac, I welcome the non-ship bundles (not that I won't take the early access)  as I am starting to run down my special flags and camos. I almost have only 300 dragon flags...

Also  would never use doubloons on just early access stuff, but I'll get the tokens for some free flags/camos.

[CYNIC]
Members
2,765 posts
6,960 battles
23 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

The "rewards" are all hidden behind the RNG in the loot packages in the Armory.

I refuse to call the theft algorithms RNG.  The whole "random" is missing.  These aren't random, they're complicated screw-players-over mechanics, and programmed intentionally so.  There is nothing random about the surprise mechanics implemented here.   The horrible programming makes the entire progress of the event moot.  "Here's an easy grind*"  (*we've programmed this so you'll likely get jack diddly from the event, so even the small time it takes to complete things shall be largely unrewarded) ... the description they forgot to put in in....

Edited by NoSoMo
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 5

Beta Testers
948 posts
3,958 battles
3 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

I refuse to call that theft algorithms RNG.  The whole "random" is missing.  These aren't random, they're complicated screw-players-over mechanics, and programmed intentionally so.  There is nothing random about the surprise mechanics implemented here. 

They're random. Random doesn't mean equal. They may *look* like they are equal which is why regulated gambling is required to post odds and is off-limits to children. But RNG can have extremely poor weighted odds.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,256 posts
3 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

I refuse to call that theft algorithms RNG.  The whole "random" is missing.  These aren't random, they're complicated screw-players-over mechanics, and programmed intentionally so.  There is nothing random about the surprise mechanics implemented here.   The horrible programming makes the entire progress of the event moot.  "Here's an easy grind*"  (*we've programmed this so you'll likely get jack diddly from the event, so even the small time it takes to complete things shall be largely unrewarded) ... the description they forgot to put in in....

Here's where I have to disagree... some small number of players will get the ship unlocks early in the process of opening these loot packages, and there's no evidence that these results are anything other than random. 

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

Members
1,475 posts
17,515 battles

I for one don't expect every patch to contain some kind of mega event. I have my normal daily grinds for ship lines and commander skills. If I can do those and at the same time tie it in to what ever "event" WoWS has going on then I'm content. :Smile_child:

• Cool 1

[CYNIC]
Members
2,765 posts
6,960 battles

Well at least the mid santa crates (8 @ 21.xx$ ) are available for another day or so.  Anyone inclined to waste money on the "surprise, you're a sucker" mechanics should just get more mid santa crates.  They contain on average 30% more goods for the price and can drop a premium ship vs a tech tree one.

• Boring 1

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
7 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Here's where I have to disagree... some small number of players will get the ship unlocks early in the process of opening these loot packages, and there's no evidence that these results are anything other than random. 

They are definitely not random. There are weights on certain things dropping more than others. That by definition is not random. Even the ships themselves don't drop in random orders in most cases; most people receive the lowest tier first and each tier after that. Yes once and awhile someone will drop the T8 first, but I know for my part it always goes in tier order. It did with the Italian ships, it did with the RU BB's, it did with the French BB's. They always drop in order, eventually all of them, but in order nonetheless. That happens too often to myself and others to be random; they are weighted. Not all outcomes have an equal possibility. And that matters because if these were to be regulated, it is required in just about every jurisdiction where gambling is legal for *all* individual outcome states to happen equally as often; you are allowed to say 999/1000 are essentially *worthless* outcome states, and only the 1/1000 worth anything, but 982, 711, 010, and 1000 all have to have an *equal* chance of taking place.

• Boring 2

[SALVO]
Members
2,501 posts
6,669 battles
37 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

Directives are simple, but pay out nothing for the most part.  The armory for the event features a whole 2 loot box options.  WG should have thrown us a bone after the hell they put us through with the joke "grindmas" of last patch.  This has got to be the most lackluster ship release yet.  Gone are the days of actually being able to trade grind time for something of value.  This below, this is crap to put it simply. 

Ohhhh. Gasp nooo!  We might have only the regular game to play for this patch.

Creating pressure on WG to have even more events and “rewards” is not smart.  This is why WG screws up so much in the first place.

• Cool 2

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
903 posts
10,630 battles
12 minutes ago, CrazyHorse_Denver said:

I for one don't expect every patch to contain some kind of mega event. I have my normal daily grinds for ship lines and commander skills. If I can do those and at the same time tie it in to what ever "event" WoWS has going on then I'm content. :Smile_child:

Agree with this, in fact I don’t want a mega reward/grind every event. Especially during clan and ranked seasons. I enjoy playing the ships I like or the ones I’m trying to tier up as opposed to having to play something specific over and over and over to get some reward. Once in a while mega event, fine. Every patch, no thank you.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,260 battles
34 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Can they be done in all modes? Operations included?

One MISSION is ONLY randoms and operations. The others are all modes, Random, Coop, Scenario, or Clan. Three require specific UK cruisers.

added: thanks for the catch, killjoy

Edited by Taichunger

[CYNIC]
Members
2,765 posts
6,960 battles
1 minute ago, eviltane said:

Creating pressure on WG to have even more events and “rewards” is not smart.  This is why WG screws up so much in the first place.

There is a happy median where the requirements are still quite easy (don't lock items to ship types or nations, and if a ship typed is locked sure as hell not by nation), and the rewards worthy.  Joke work for Joke payoff ..... is a joke.  Last events requirements was straight up A hole, this is just a sdtick move.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,256 posts
Just now, Taichunger said:

One directive is ONLY randoms and operations. The others are all modes, Random, Coop, Scenario, or Clan. Three require specific UK cruisers.

One directive, or one mission in the directive?

Those are two very different things.

[SALVO]
Members
2,501 posts
6,669 battles
4 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

There is a happy median where the requirements are still quite easy (don't lock items to ship types or nations, and if a ship typed is locked sure as hell not by nation), and the rewards worthy.  Joke work for Joke payoff ..... is a joke.  Last events requirements was straight up A hole, this is just a sdtick move.

There is absolutely no need to constantly have events. 

• Cool 1

[--K--]
Members
1,351 posts
11,246 battles
8 minutes ago, eviltane said:

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Its rather refreshing to not have pressure, knowing you’ll be able to complete these tasks by simply playing at your pace.

• Cool 1

[LLMF]
Alpha Tester
2,438 posts

I don't see a 1/XXX indicator on those draws.  So we could get all 600 tokens and zero ships theoretically. At least previous such tables had limits to the number of each "pack o goodies" we would get so we had an idea what the odds of the ships or whatever we wanted would drop.

EDIT:

There IS a counter indicating what bundle limits there are, just like the past.  So that is good.  You can tell the odds.

[BUOY]
Members
1,097 posts
15,180 battles

Plus we have no idea about LNY where there might be an 'entirely possible' grind for a 'free' Baije / Wukong / Siliwangi...

The night is young for troll grinds unless you pay big bucks.

As for Brit CA's, like all other early access events aside from regrettably spending 5k gold before giving up chasing the Mogador I'll just play the game for the free bundles, probably get the T5 and maybe the T6 because that's the way they weight things and consider myself finished.

3 minutes ago, StoptheViolins said:

I don't see a 1/XXX indicator on those draws.  So we could get all 600 tokens and zero ships theoretically. At least previous such tables had limits to the number of each "pack o goodies" we would get so we had an idea what the odds of the ships or whatever we wanted would drop.

Yeah, the free bundles are loot crates with the crate part removed.

Beta Testers
948 posts
3,958 battles
29 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

They are definitely not random. There are weights on certain things dropping more than others. That by definition is not random. Even the ships themselves don't drop in random orders in most cases; most people receive the lowest tier first and each tier after that. Yes once and awhile someone will drop the T8 first, but I know for my part it always goes in tier order. It did with the Italian ships, it did with the RU BB's, it did with the French BB's. They always drop in order, eventually all of them, but in order nonetheless. That happens too often to myself and others to be random; they are weighted. Not all outcomes have an equal possibility. And that matters because if these were to be regulated, it is required in just about every jurisdiction where gambling is legal for *all* individual outcome states to happen equally as often; you are allowed to say 999/1000 are essentially *worthless* outcome states, and only the 1/1000 worth anything, but 982, 711, 010, and 1000 all have to have an *equal* chance of taking place.

The lottery ticket generator uses an RNG but the odds are weighted so the jackpot is incredibly unlikely to hit. Same thing.

Beta Testers
215 posts
6,559 battles
30 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

Well at least the mid santa crates (8 @ 21.xx$ ) are available for another day or so.  Anyone inclined to waste money on the "surprise, you're a sucker" mechanics should just get more mid santa crates.  They contain on average 30% more goods for the price and can drop a premium ship vs a tech tree one.

Why would anyone in their right mind spend doubloons for the imperial bundles when the royal ones can be had for tokens which cost only the amount of time you are willing/able to put in to earn them?  Especially when the supposedly jackpot is a tech tree ship.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,256 posts
3 minutes ago, BlackAngelCom said:

The lottery ticket generator uses an RNG but the odds are weighted so the jackpot is incredibly unlikely to hit. Same thing.

Yeah, I'm not sure how we got to a point where people think low odds of a specific outcome means the overall outcome isn't random...

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
31 minutes ago, KilljoyCutter said:

One directive, or one mission in the directive?

Those are two very different things.

Directive 1 - mixed of random/coop and randon/coop/scenario/clan battles. There's also a base exp one that's randon/scenario only.

Directive 2 - mostly random/coop & the base exp random/scenario one. There's also 2 that require either the new Pan-Asian ships or new UK cruisers.

Directive 3 & 4 - similar to #2