Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
CC123

IJN 510mm gun T10 Ship announced, can we finally get a T9/10 German BB Premium

11 comments in this topic

[4-FUN]
[4-FUN]
Members
180 posts
9,749 battles

This was announced today on WOWs blog (link below).

Short an curlies, its called the Yashima, has a Yamato hull, different AA........AND 3x2 510mm guns

https://www.wows-gamer-blog.com/2020/01/ijn-yashima-tier-x-japanese-battleship.html

Am hoping this paves the way for the Germans to get their first T9/10 Premium BB. We are the only faction with a full BB line that does not have at least one T9 or T10 Premium BB. And remember, the Siegfried when it comes is classed as Cruiser, not a BB.

Perhaps a H42 type with 480mm guns cause Yashima. What am I saying, Id settle for a premium Freddy with torps.

In other news, looks like we are getting 3x3 305 mm version of the Siegfried (called Agir). So Odin guns on a Siggy.

https://www.wows-gamer-blog.com/2020/01/agir-tier-ix-german-premium-battleship.html

Anyhow, happy we are getting three new premium ships, but sad that non of these are a T9/10 Premium BB.

What do you guys want to see in the way of a German premium T9/10 BB? H42, H44, modified Kurfy or Freddy? Something else all together?

Cheers
CC123

Edited by CC123
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,712 posts
19,904 battles

Sure I'll take a H-42 or H-43, but I think H-44 would be a bit too much for this game. Not because of the firepower, but the firepower combined with the tonnage and hull armor. The combination just seems a bit too much for me.

• Boring 1

[WGB]
Members
48 posts
459 battles
49 minutes ago, CC123 said:

This was announced today on WOWs blog (link below).

Short an curlies, its called the Yashima, has a Yamato hull, different AA........AND 3x2 510mm guns

https://www.wows-gamer-blog.com/2020/01/ijn-yashima-tier-x-japanese-battleship.html

Am hoping this paves the way for the Germans to get their first T9/10 Premium BB. We are the only faction with a full BB line that does not have at least one T9 or T10 Premium BB. And remember, the Siegfried when it comes is classed as Cruiser, not a BB.

Perhaps a H42 type with 480mm guns cause Yashima. What am I saying, Id settle for a premium Freddy with torps.

In other news, looks like we are getting 3x3 305 mm version of the Siegfried (called Agir). So Odin guns on a Siggy.

https://www.wows-gamer-blog.com/2020/01/agir-tier-ix-german-premium-battleship.html

Anyhow, happy we are getting three new premium ships, but sad that non of these are a T9/10 Premium BB.

What do you guys want to see in the way of a German premium T9/10 BB? H42, H44, modified Kurfy or Freddy? Something else all together?

Cheers
CC123

THX for sharing.

• Cool 1

Members
2,139 posts
6,389 battles

Just what we need more fantasy ships. Sad maybe in a couple of years we can get 1000 mm guns and 6 turrets per ship. Well I guess it was a matter of time wot has a double gun tank next a double turret tank. Starblazzers hear we come!!!!

• Boring 3

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
1 hour ago, Grapefruitcannon said:

I would like too see the h44 in game because 131,000 tons  1,131 feet long.

As astounding as that would be, it would be one heck of a torpedo magnet.  Better hope it has some kind of amazing torpedo belt to absorb all those fish it's likely to eat.

[WHS]
Members
28 posts
7,033 battles

I would like to see a lot of these newer ships put into a tr 11 group. Colbert, smolensk,  yashima, h44, stalingrad . There's plenty of concept super ships that could fill  tr 11.

Members
1,374 posts

As a Destroyer main who OCCASIONALLY plays other types.....

Bring it on!    With so many ships just spitting out HE shells another Yamato is just a target. 

[WOLF8]
Members
7,593 posts
6,366 battles
3 hours ago, Lert said:

Sure I'll take a H-42 or H-43, but I think H-44 would be a bit too much for this game. Not because of the firepower, but the firepower combined with the tonnage and hull armor. The combination just seems a bit too much for me.

Not for me. I personally would love to see H44 in all her oversized glory... lol. :Smile_veryhappy:

If it really happens, I'm sure WG will find a way to "balans" her... because she's German... lel. :Smile_smile:

[NYAAR]
Members
142 posts
2,288 battles
4 hours ago, Lert said:

Just nerf its reload to something like 40 seconds :Smile-_tongue:

[CVA16]
Members
5,681 posts
17,521 battles
3 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

As astounding as that would be, it would be one heck of a torpedo magnet.  Better hope it has some kind of amazing torpedo belt to absorb all those fish it's likely to eat.

Plus, on many maps, it would be perpetually aground. Rudder shift=20 seconds. The turning radius would be measured in time-zones.

That said, I don't know how you balance all these super BBs against existing T10s (as there is no T11). Of course WG has been busy creating super/battle cruisers and pitting them head-to-head against regular cruisers so there is a history there.

Sign in to follow this