You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CV_Jeebies

I want the RU (CIS) server pricing for goods...

35 comments in this topic

[CYNIC]
Members
2,795 posts
7,012 battles

I'd get this ship at this price...
image.png.117155a0b58d7c81c364bd87eb1e3fcc.png

But not at this price
image.png.6ce658b0699bce5be8abea77e38b2d78.png

Edited by NoSoMo

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
3,159 posts

Where do you think WG actually makes it's money and who actually has that level of disposable income to drop 40+ dollars on a singular ship inside a FTP game? :cap_like:

• Cool 1

[OBS]
Members
354 posts
1,080 battles
Just now, Wazaa16 said:

Virtual Private Network?

im pretty sure the ships are hard coded to only work on their intended server.......

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
11,410 posts
19,183 battles

no you dont.... This video will explain why..

NA market is going through an inflation period for 10 years now... Inflation with out a recession is unnatural evolution. The longer the inflation, the more then likely the recession times will resemble the great depression era.

This is about the market analysis... Those who know understand things are cheap in RU for a reason

7 minutes ago, Wazaa16 said:

Virtual Private Network?

It doesn't work that way... If you don't have or play in RU server, you can;t buy there... Goods are not transferable to a different region server...

[OBS]
Members
354 posts
1,080 battles

paying full price for a game is for suckers. if you know where to shop you can still get those sweet phat discounts

[DAS]
Members
1,013 posts
9,005 battles
2 hours ago, NoSoMo said:

But not at this price

The price for me down here in Mexico is 652 pesos (34.61 North American Eagles) and that is still in the NA store.

7,026 posts
27,471 battles

Do you also want Russian income?

1 hour ago, TornadoADV said:

Where do you think WG actually makes it's money and who actually has that level of disposable income to drop 40+ dollars on a singular ship inside a FTP game? :cap_like:

The same places Black Desert Online ask $36 for just a outfit for your toon. 

wnZPEp7.jpg

• Cool 3

[CYNIC]
Members
2,795 posts
7,012 battles
10 minutes ago, epojokke said:

The price for me down here in Mexico is 652 pesos (34.61 North American Eagles) and that is still in the NA store.

Hrm, any easy way to pay in pesos through the US?   Maybe I need a Mexican buddy middle man.....

• Funny 1

[CYNIC]
Members
2,795 posts
7,012 battles
1 minute ago, Erebthoron said:

wnZPEp7.jpg

You won't find me playing a game where that image is a character.  No thanks.

[DAS]
Members
1,013 posts
9,005 battles
3 minutes ago, NoSoMo said:

Hrm, any easy way to pay in pesos through the US?   Maybe I need a Mexican buddy middle man.....

My guess is that you "just" need to IP to be from Mexico to get lower prices. Maybe a VPN could do the trick.

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,305 posts
6,111 battles
4 hours ago, NoSoMo said:

But not at this price

Don't complain too much... Check the prices of stuff in the US and in Europe... Not only Indomitable. You'll be happy to be American! 

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,263 posts
17,074 battles

Certain regions have modified pricing offerings due to the economic environment of the region and cost of living.

For example Russia income levels are significantly less than US, as such their pricing is scaled to accommodate that. This is also the reason why players from certain South American regions also have reduced pricing. 

VPNing will not work to manipulate pricing.

Fem, 

• Boring 1

[HGE]
Members
55 posts
7,270 battles
8 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

wnZPEp7.jpg

Now that definitely worth the $$$!!  Especially due to better soft body physics and cloth simulation ;)

WoWS needs raytracing and animated captain portraits!!

• Cool 1

[WOLF3]
Members
28,199 posts
24,552 battles
9 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

*snip*

I like me some BDO, but man, you have to be careful in that game.  There is a lot of designed, heavy inconveniences to get you to buy stuff in that game.  It quickly adds up.  MMORPGs IMO are a treacherous minefield in spending.  This is afterall, the video game genre where the cancer of F2P and heavy Monetization originated from.

The game world is stunning, beautiful, but I hate feeling like I'm walking in a minefield that's trying to blow my wallet out of my pocket.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 1

[CYNIC]
Members
2,795 posts
7,012 battles
6 hours ago, franz_von_goltz said:

Don't complain too much... Check the prices of stuff in the US and in Europe... Not only Indomitable. You'll be happy to be American! 

I'm already happy to be an American -- we don't get taxed 75%+ so the gov can buy votes giving out all of that "FREE" stuff (no such thing as free, ever).

• Cool 2
  • Confused 4
  • Boring 1

[5D4]
[5D4]
Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
2 hours ago, Femennenly said:

Certain regions have modified pricing offerings due to the economic environment of the region and cost of living.

For example Russia income levels are significantly less than US, as such their pricing is scaled to accommodate that. This is also the reason why players from certain South American regions also have reduced pricing. 

VPNing will not work to manipulate pricing.

Fem, 

wish it was 35 us I would buy it

[SALVO]
6,067 posts
6,022 battles
29 minutes ago, lordholland4293 said:

wish it was 35 us I would buy it

I feel like more people would buy more ships if they were cheaper. 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,061 posts
17,098 battles
12 hours ago, NoSoMo said:

But not at this price

Sure take a factory job in Russia and enjoy.

[PSP]
Members
542 posts
5,040 battles
10 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

wnZPEp7.jpg

Sorry, I have forgotten what we were talking about.

• Funny 1

[WOLFG]
Members
30,667 posts
9,285 battles
11 hours ago, NoSoMo said:

You won't find me playing a game where that image is a character.  No thanks.

Not for 36 bucks anyway lol.

[CYNIC]
Members
2,795 posts
7,012 battles

image.png.9f3ba53da51a6110b71cd103d8487365.png
The look people give when they don't understand that bringing home 50% of their pay check and then paying 22%+ in sales tax (oops I mean "value added" tax) = 70%+ taxation

Edited by NoSoMo
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[WOLFG]
Members
30,667 posts
9,285 battles
1 minute ago, NoSoMo said:

image.png.9f3ba53da51a6110b71cd103d8487365.png
The look people give when they don't understand that bringing home 50% of their pay check and then paying 22%+ in sales tax = 70%+ taxation

Holy crap! Where do you live that has 20% sales tax and 50% income tax???

Here I though Ontario, Canada was bad, with 13% and 22%. (my particular bracket)

Edited by Skpstr
  • Cool 1

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,305 posts
6,111 battles
43 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Holy crap! Where do you live that has 20% sales tax and 50% income tax???

Here I though Ontario, Canada was bad, with 13% and 22%. (my particular bracket)

You will never have an income tax of 50%... Most of Western European, you have extremely high social charges. Let's say, you have a budget of 100, the state will collect more or less 50% of that... You are then left with 50, on which you will pay tax on income but never 50% unless you are "sky high"... Let's say a little 20%, you are left with 40... But then VAT is 20% approx, you have countless taxes on petrol, electricity, tolls, boose, dog, tolls, etc Anything that can be taxed is taxed and a tax is a solution to any problem.
I guess that yes, you can say the state keeps 70%. After, lots of stuff are "free". Problem is that less and less stuff is "free" and that 70% is looking more and more like an 80%.

• Cool 1

[CYNIC]
Members
2,795 posts
7,012 battles
8 hours ago, franz_von_goltz said:

You will never have an income tax of 50%... Most of Western European, you have extremely high social charges. Let's say, you have a budget of 100, the state will collect more or less 50% of that... You are then left with 50, on which you will pay tax on income but never 50% unless you are "sky high"... Let's say a little 20%, you are left with 40... But then VAT is 20% approx, you have countless taxes on petrol, electricity, tolls, boose, dog, tolls, etc Anything that can be taxed is taxed and a tax is a solution to any problem.
I guess that yes, you can say the state keeps 70%. After, lots of stuff are "free". Problem is that less and less stuff is "free" and that 70% is looking more and more like an 80%.

That doesn't even account for the baked-in taxes that a lot of products have where the manufacturer of the good has to pay a tax that gets added to the cost of the good.  There are MANY products out there that have such hidden taxes built into them.  Even in the US for example, each firearm is taxed 20% of its estimated retail value that the manufacturer has to pay (again, hidden by being baked into the price).  Ask any gun purchasing American if they know that guns are all taxed 20% and none will have a clue.  They're only familiar with the sales tax that gets added on when they buy.  They have no clue they've already paid 20% tax on the estimated retail sales value of it.  These types of taxes double-dip because the sales / VAT tax gets charged against the whole purchase price which is already including a 20% tax.  Tax on a tax, how government of them.....

PS:  In states like California and New York (among others)  State and federal income tax exceeds 50% for MANY employed individuals.  Those states are also seeing lots of people moving to other states, some of which have no income tax.  FL and TN among others have no income tax.  CA and NY can't tax people enough it seems. 

Edited by NoSoMo