Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Dr_Venture

Final stage Italian Cruisers

4 comments in this topic

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,067 posts
6,022 battles

I'm very curious about what others think are the ideal setups for the IX and X.

The nine has a good range, add the plane, and second range finder...and you're throwing lead at ranges people can't hit you back due to your rudder.

The reload though...I debated ditching the reload booster for more range...I mean 8k salvos...but 21 seconds is down right painful...add in those extra seconds during a knife fight.

Oh I detonated a Vladivostok with a sloth torp. FEAR THE SLOTHS!

I'm seriously debating getting last stand...her rudder is her armor period. She's so damn slippery...that double rudder is vital.

[UNC]
Members
813 posts
6,081 battles

I went with the reload module.  The reload is punitive as it is, and I felt that maximizing damage output made much more sense than boosting range.  And while I might wish for a bit more range, what you get with the 2nd range finder is very workable especially with the flatter arcs the Italians have.  If you have Sansonetti, one of his specials gives you a small bonus to range; it takes Venezia up to 18.6 IIRC.  Once you get to Venezia you can ditch Last Stand as she doesn't lose her rudder every time you get hit near the stern.  I have Sansonetti in my Venezia, my captain is specced with:

PE, PM, EL, JoaT, EM, AR, SI, Vig, CE. 

The Italians are not terribly skill intensive IMO; I took Vigilance mostly because I had 3 points to play with, and the Italians don't have any real utility.  Once they adjust the captain skills per the recent dev blog I will likely revisit the build.

I just got booted from the game due to the patch starting, but IIRC for upgrades I took the standard ones in the first 3 slots then Steering 2, Concealment, and the RoF one in the final slot.  Not sure if my build is optimal, others may do it a bit differently and like I said, Amalfi and Brindisi definitely need Last Stand due to their rudder/engines being super fragile but Venezia does not.  I think there is a captain build thread in the Italian Cruisers sub-forum, but either way I'd be interested to see other builds.

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,067 posts
6,022 battles

Wait...there is an italian commander? 

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,934 posts
46,825 battles
3 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

Wait...there is an italian commander? 

Yes.  Final reward for completing a collection, I believe.

Sign in to follow this