You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Frigate007

The worst thing to hear in WOW

22 comments in this topic

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,502 battles

"You are our last Hope" with 9 enemy ships left and less than 500 HP. Been my life lately in random, why less than 10% of my games are in random this year, doing 90% co op. The reverse of last year. Tired of being in the top 3 on the losing side game after game. Can't get daily mission part 2 done anymore in random. Only thing you have to worry about in co op is being sunk by a team mate (which happened today from main guns) and friendly torps. Hope WG figures out how to make teams better balanced. Even a win in random is seldom close or fun anymore.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[BOTO]
Members
1,361 posts
16,621 battles
1 minute ago, Frigate007 said:

"You are our last Hope" with 9 enemy ships left and less than 500 HP. Been my life lately in random, why less than 10% of my games are in random this year, doing 90% co op. The reverse of last year. Tired of being in the top 3 on the losing side game after game. Can't get daily mission part 2 done anymore in random. Only thing you have to worry about in co op is being sunk by a team mate (which happened today from main guns) and friendly torps. Hope WG figures out how to make teams better balanced. Even a win in random is seldom close or fun anymore.

Work on your game, the better you get, the more you'll win.  

• Funny 2
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 4

[5D4]
[5D4]
Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
1 minute ago, Frigate007 said:

what tier are you doing?

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,502 battles
1 minute ago, lordholland4293 said:

what tier are you doing?

T5, 7 and 8.

3 minutes ago, Aaron_S_Merrill said:

Work on your game, the better you get, the more you'll win.  

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,502 battles

I hope so, have not played my t9 and 10 ships in random, will some day when I feel I won't be a drag on my team. Do well with them in co op, but its not the same.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,362 battles
27 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

T5, 7 and 8.

Those tiers suck right now -- T7 was ruined by the MM changes, and T5-8 are flooded with CVs. After a string of 2 CV crapfests I pretty much gave up on 6 and 7. 8 has a CV almost every match.

T9 seems to be the sweet spot at the moment. Few CVs, and you are often top tier. If you have a T9 premium you can bank good credits while having decent gameplay.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

[BOTO]
Members
1,361 posts
16,621 battles
8 minutes ago, throwawayforumalt said:

Try not hiding behind an island all the while your team is fighting. if nothing else, you won't be the last ship floating. cowardly cruiser captain i'd bet.

You should probably teach him how to play, I bet you're real good   :cap_cool:

• Funny 4

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,502 battles
7 minutes ago, throwawayforumalt said:

Try not hiding behind an island all the while your team is fighting. if nothing else, you won't be the last ship floating. cowardly cruiser captain i'd bet.

hardly, last game just played, no island humping, open water. No support, no spotting, CV on other flank

shot-20.01.14_22.56.26-0482.jpg

[HOPAS]
Members
174 posts
20,262 battles

MM is team stacking,just look at the team page after battle....you'll see in most cases the other team has much better players.
The fix for tiers in MM is a good start & I've been impressed with it so far :Smile_honoring:

But MM is still in need of some metric to pick more balanced teams....
For me it's not about winning as much as it's about CLOSE scoring games.
Majority of matches are so one sided....whether a win or a loss anymore.
The close matches with scores within 100 points or so are very seldom,seems to be around 1 in 10 or 12 matches for me & my clan mates.
Personally using the "Personal Rating (PR) " might be a good metric to use (it is a more overall statistic)....K/D ratio or damage per battle can be skewed by several factors,so I don't think they would be good to use.

[BOTO]
Members
1,361 posts
16,621 battles
48 minutes ago, throwawayforumalt said:

or, don't support your team, then wonder why you're left against 9 ships. works wonders.

Yep, great advice from an obvious unicum player.  Do you have any YouTube videos I can watch? I might learn a lot!

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
2 hours ago, Taichunger said:

Those tiers suck right now -- T7 was ruined by the MM changes, and T5-8 are flooded with CVs. After a string of 2 CV crapfests I pretty much gave up on 6 and 7. 8 has a CV almost every match.

T9 seems to be the sweet spot at the moment. Few CVs, and you are often top tier. If you have a T9 premium you can bank good credits while having decent gameplay.

Battles in Randoms have either I do my usual good or even excellent damage and kill scores but my teams absolutely melt quickly into a loss. Or I am frantically trying to score hits and end up with abysmal scores thanks to my team being a overpowering to the point enemy is wiped out or the mercy rule kicks in.

And I have used some of my most consistent ships to confirm this over the past couple weeks or so and the results have certainly been off than the past couple years.

Can’t put my finger n what is going on exactly, although today I am a bit suspicious that RNG as far as ornate vs armor goes may be broken. Tested this with Zao today and only scored 1 or 2 fires in a given battle when I had been shelling some of the most flammable ships you can get. Not saying I should have easily burned them to nothing or anything. But certainly should have had at least 4 more fires at minimum with how many times I scored hits. AP shells hits have not been dealing damage in any kind of predictable manner despite optimal hits being scored. Meanwhile what looked like sub par hits mysteriously score citadel hits. I managed to score a citadel hit against Stalingrad with Yoshino AP, when in months past even Yamato could struggle to get normal pens through the bow of a Stalingrad or Moskava so needless to say there are some things I have raised an eyebrow about like 12” AP shells suddenly getting through where 18.1” AP shells would struggle.

Torpedo hits are harder to tell since you know they have more variables involved.

So my theory is if the RNG is glitching out and contributing to wildly unpredictable battles. Or perhaps WG is deliberately doing this to prevent players from gaining bigger profits and force us to buy credits and XP to make the same progress? But wild RNG would certainly be causing the unusual wash outs happening recently. ( To put it in perspective even Christmas break did not have battles as bad as 2020 has been.)

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,502 battles

I thinks its MM, just not enough people playing. Look at posted result above. My side, 2 guys who played rank, no div. Other side div, everyone played rank. Not saying being ranked makes you a better player then one that does not, but chances are they are more into the game and more competitive than the average potato who is not.

When I played this battle around 7500 on NA server if I remember correctly. Or maybe WG is just trying to keep its most active  better players happy and grouping them together? Or RNG? I don't have a clue, just that it's not fun.

Though I have a sneaky suspicion its MM due to low numbers playing. My queue's have been getting smaller and smaller the last few months. I think many are not playing as much or have quit the game for one reason or another.

[TIGRB]
Members
875 posts
16,926 battles

QUOTING The WG community, Even if you sink 5 ships ans score 300,000 HP and lose it's still your fault. Never the teams fault. To admitt otherwise would be saying MM is broken and thats the last thing they want is changes to MM becuase they benifit from it.

[IRNBN]
Members
3,699 posts
10,764 battles
10 hours ago, throwawayforumalt said:

Thus spake Sockpuppet. :Smile_teethhappy:

[-N-]
Members
2,227 posts
14,832 battles
11 hours ago, Frigate007 said:

Learn to CV!!!!

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,306 posts
6,136 battles
11 hours ago, Frigate007 said:

Mmmhh... If you are on the top 3, alive at the end of a battle, means you did a lot of damage... But, how many you killed? Damage farming is good to be on top, kills is good to win. Maybe think about what you did wrong that you lost. Not focusing on caps? Etc