You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
yinzer_1

Hood Tears up Planes

10 comments in this topic

[GOBI]
Members
1,086 posts
4,487 battles

I agree, does well on t6 planes, not so much with t8 in my experience. If these were t8, great job! Love the ship for various reasons, just wish WG would give it a little love in other departments.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,295 posts
22,134 battles
17 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

I agree, does well on t6 planes

Had to be that as well as a very obliging CV staying within the very limited range. 

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles

Coop is not really a reliable test of a ship's AA. Bots like to derp into flack clouds that even a bad cv player would be able to avoid. 

• Cool 1

[-AHOY]
Members
256 posts
7,681 battles

The Gimmick of Hood were rockets and their DFAA bonus, but it was removed from the game. I bet most of the planes shot down were fighters and not a surprise that T7 can deal with T6 planes. Honestly, I like Hood but it's been heavily nerfed lol They messed up with its accuracy and AP before and changed the rockets AA gimmick, the only one gimmick it had left.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,932 posts
13 minutes ago, Banished_Privateer said:

The Gimmick of Hood were rockets and their DFAA bonus, but it was removed from the game. I bet most of the planes shot down were fighters and not a surprise that T7 can deal with T6 planes. Honestly, I like Hood but it's been heavily nerfed lol They messed up with its accuracy and AP before and changed the rockets AA gimmick, the only one gimmick it had left.

I got the Hood out of a free crate.  It was after the CV rework though so while I can see the rocket launchers on my ship, I never got to see them do anything :Smile_sad:

[CNO]
Members
6,070 posts
18,512 battles

I run QE and Hood as AA spec.  Use same captain on both.  Don't worry much about T6 CVs, so I can pretty much go where I wish.

Hood is a great kiter in this regard, because it's fast (I flag it for speed too!), has big HP pool, and no T6 CV worries.  On the flip side, if you're on a push flank...well...Hood is fast and can overrun opponents and even the enemy CV if they're not paying attention.

Members
4,354 posts
4,615 battles

Yeb, against T6 planes they are eaten alive. Its a slower burn against T8 planes, but I haven't really tested it out as CVs avoid me in general. Upside is rockets was moved to long range AA, downside is i'm sure the damage was nurfed and you no longer have that super boosted DFAA modifier. 

Members
1,824 posts
52 battles

Hood has about the same AA as a Shimakaze.

Needless to say DFAA changes very little unless the enemy CV is a potato and cannot dodge flak. Pensacola base AA heavily outperforms Hood AA even if Hood has DFAA active.

Edited by El2aZeR

[IRNBN]
Members
3,685 posts
10,705 battles
3 hours ago, Soshi_Sone said:

Hood is a great kiter in this regard, because it's fast (I flag it for speed too!), has big HP pool, and no T6 CV worries.  On the flip side, if you're on a push flank...well...Hood is fast and can overrun opponents and even the enemy CV if they're not paying attention.

Exactly this. Granted I'm just a Co-op potato, but when I need plane kills for an event element Hood is always one of my go-to ships. Even with the post-8.0 abuse she got, Hood's DefAA still evaporates CV squads in range.

Hood is ab fab at keeping up with CV-attracting DD's early on, and fast enough to run fown and kill the CV later on. The good old Hood is still a fun ship.