Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
MichiganEagle

35k Coal Commanders

11 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

310
[PSP]
Members
534 posts
5,027 battles

I'm thinking of saving up my coal and getting a 35k Coal Commander. Which commanders go best with what type(s) of ship? Or is this a bad use of resources?

 

For example: John Doe for the USA has -75% reload time when switching shell type for Expert Loader which suggests "Cruiser" to me, but being new to the game I could be way off on that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,457 battles

I wouldn't get them

The advantage is small. The coal is better used to get some of the higher tier premium ships.

The -75% works only if you have already fully reloaded your guns. If you are in between, you get no bonus. 

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,550
[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles

John Doe with his improved EL and EM make him good for either cruisers or BBs, as there are 3-4 USN commanders with the same set of abilities I think I have them on both.

Victor has PM, EM, and HA again making him good for BBs or cruisers. I think I have mine in Moskva/Stalinboi

Jutlands abilities don't mess to well with anything IMO

Rong has DE and SE making him best in a DD but ok in a cruiser too

Not sure who else is sold for coal. I think they are worth the price, the 175k ones not so much.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
843
[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,295 posts
22,110 battles
4 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

John Doe with his improved EL and EM make him good for either cruisers or BBs, as there are 3-4 USN commanders with the same set of abilities I think I have them on both.

Victor has PM, EM, and HA again making him good for BBs or cruisers. I think I have mine in Moskva/Stalinboi

Jutlands abilities don't mess to well with anything IMO

Rong has DE and SE making him best in a DD but ok in a cruiser too

Not sure who else is sold for coal. I think they are worth the price, the 175k ones not so much.

If John Doe is only that much he is definitely worth it as a USN BB Capt. :Smile_great:  

If not for the load but the buffed turret traverse. (The load is still pretty good for those times you have AP loaded but you see a DD sneaking your way)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,921
[PVE]
Members
6,898 posts
22,666 battles
2 hours ago, Warped_1 said:

If John Doe is only that much he is definitely worth it as a USN BB Capt. :Smile_great:  

If not for the load but the buffed turret traverse. (The load is still pretty good for those times you have AP loaded but you see a DD sneaking your way)

Or especially if you have Mo's radar close at hand when a DD smokes up..nice to quickly be able to switch to HE before popping it off.

Although w/as few games as the OP has guessing that's not an option.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
310
[PSP]
Members
534 posts
5,027 battles
3 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Or especially if you have Mo's radar close at hand when a DD smokes up..nice to quickly be able to switch to HE before popping it off.

Although w/as few games as the OP has guessing that's not an option.

 

I've been playing for only 2 months and while I have gotten my entire USA line to Tier 5 (and above in some cases), I can tell by my few games in the Dallas that Tier 8 players are a different kind of beast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,921
[PVE]
Members
6,898 posts
22,666 battles
15 minutes ago, MichiganEagle said:

 

I've been playing for only 2 months and while I have gotten my entire USA line to Tier 5 (and above in some cases), I can tell by my few games in the Dallas that Tier 8 players are a different kind of beast.

Best to (not that I did this...I potatoed all the way to the high tiers 2 or 3 at a time) run every line to T4 then T5 before grinding up any 1 first. As you seen it takes a lot of practice to hang higher up.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,587
[WOLF8]
Members
7,585 posts
6,363 battles
8 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I think they are worth the price, the 175k ones not so much.

Hopefully we'll see a "Commander Coupon" in the Armory someday, so that people can get Lutjens on a bit of a discount... lol.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
145
[PPFV]
[PPFV]
Members
341 posts
9 hours ago, MichiganEagle said:

I'm thinking of saving up my coal and getting a 35k Coal Commander. Which commanders go best with what type(s) of ship? Or is this a bad use of resources?

 

For example: John Doe for the USA has -75% reload time when switching shell type for Expert Loader which suggests "Cruiser" to me, but being new to the game I could be way off on that.


Honore is the French coal captain, and he gives you better Expert Marksman and better Adrenaline Rush, which makes him excellent in every single French line. Some are definitely better than others. 

Edited by Hermetica

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,499
[CYNIC]
Members
2,765 posts
6,974 battles
11 hours ago, MichiganEagle said:

I'm thinking of saving up my coal and getting a 35k Coal Commander. Which commanders go best with what type(s) of ship? Or is this a bad use of resources?

 

For example: John Doe for the USA has -75% reload time when switching shell type for Expert Loader which suggests "Cruiser" to me, but being new to the game I could be way off on that.

Most of the specialty commanders are worth their respective prices.  Commanders can only jump premiums for free, so it pays to at least have a cruiser and DD or DD and BB spec'd commanders for premiums.  Some nations the captain is good for both cruisers and BBs.  That little extra shell switch time is good on cruisers, but it helps even more for shell switching on BBs especially when it's down 75%.  The turret speed bump is nice too.

Ovecheckin USA premium commander is nice because its extra buff is to HP of planes and or ship.  Careful though, some of the commanders are historic (the newest additions) and have ZERO buffs.  They're just pixels with a real name on them providing no other benefit.  The you have the special commanders with talents, and while they're not worth 175k coal, they're worth getting with each respective event that pops up (like patch 9.2 will bring for UK)

Edited by NoSoMo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×