You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Taichunger

Could we have even one less premium, and instead have QoL changes?

48 comments in this topic

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,243 battles

It's 2020. Got another pile of premiums being released. Thanks. But it would be great if the devs would pause from the endless stream of paper ships and give us some quality of life improvements.

Still no button for turning off all emblems and patches, including one's own. I don't like taunting people with a patch in their face after I've killed them, and I don't like seeing other people's.

Still no button for demounting all signals.

Still no place like mothballs in my port where I can move port queens.

Still no T5 or T9 operation. Not enough T8 and T7 operations.

Still no glowing of the icon in the status bar when you are ALT-TABbed out to tell you that someone is talking to you in port, the way it does when you have entered a match.

etc. I am sure you guys can list many other things we've been asking for but don't have.

• Cool 17
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 5

[NDA]
Supertester, In AlfaTesters
2,370 posts
12,766 battles

How about working on the contacts list. Online contacts sort to top. 

FYI I am almost positive it is a different team that works on ships vs other game mechanics and features so less premium ships do not equate to man power added to other things.

[TDRB]
Members
5,148 posts
13,741 battles

I use Aslain's mods & I don't remember if it is a mod or not but I have the patches turned off.

Yes, a single button to dismount all signals would be nice.

I have several sort options in port so port queens are not that big of a problem for me but then I have 100 ships, not 300+ as some do. This also may be a mod.

Yes, we need more scenarios, tiers 5 thru 9 would be nice. And the scenarios removed due to the CV rework a year ago should have been already back in the game. There is no acceptable excuse for this failure by WG.

I'm not sure I would need the alt-tab notice but I guess some do.

Edited by kgh52

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,243 battles
9 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

I use Aslain's mods & I don't remember if it is a mod or not but I have the patches turned off.

You can't turn patches off because you can't turn your own off. Only others'. And I shouldn't have to download third party software to do that. It should be integral to the game.

• Cool 2

[WOLF1]
Members
5,734 posts
12 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Those are both in Aslain's I know, because I use one of them, and I think they're in Modstation as well?

(Good point, can't turn off own patch)

Edited by Kirov_Six

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,243 battles
Just now, Kirov_Six said:

Those are both in Aslain's I know, because I use them, and I think they're in Modstation as well?

The aslain's button for demounting all signals is slooow, as if you were doing it yourself one at a time. And again, third party software should not be required. We've been asking for this for years now. How hard can it be?

[4HIM]
Members
3,233 posts
13,766 battles

They haven't figured out how to monetize QoL changes.  Once they do we'll see plenty. 

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[T-CF]
Members
550 posts
3,103 battles
4 minutes ago, ZARDOZ_II said:

They haven't figured out how to monetize QoL changes.  Once they do we'll see plenty. 

It’s not even that hard. Just do it and watch how much premium time they can sell. It’s like fixing the game. I bet you that if WG took the time to actually fix the game people who normally don’t spend money will spend for premium time. Maybe we need to issue a challenge to WG about this.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,457 battles

They will care about it after they find out how to monetize this ideas. Maybe with a premium version of the premium account. :Smile_trollface:

[SALVO]
Members
25,405 posts
27,279 battles
1 hour ago, Taichunger said:

It's 2020. Got another pile of premiums being released. Thanks. But it would be great if the devs would pause from the endless stream of paper ships and give us some quality of life improvements.

Still no button for turning off all emblems and patches, including one's own. I don't like taunting people with a patch in their face after I've killed them, and I don't like seeing other people's.

Still no glowing of the icon in the status bar when you are ALT-TABbed out to tell you that someone is talking to you in port, the way it does when you have entered a match.

etc. I am sure you guys can list many other things we've been asking for but don't have.

Tai, while like you, I'd love to see more QoL ideas, you're barking up the wrong tree when you're looking for a trade off between a premium ship and QoL stuff.  Different departments, etc.

I'd love to see them forego one upgrade's worth of new ship content in favor of an update that focused on QoL updates, new maps, and so on.  However, even in saying that, it's probably not possible because all the stuff they'd be foregoing likely wouldn't free up the right sort of people to do the work required for those desired things.

[K0]
Members
206 posts
4,664 battles

These all seem very irrelevant. I have never ever slightly considered any of these things as problems. Heck I like most of them. There really are bigger fish to fry then whether or not your player emblem is a microaggression against strangers on the internet in a war game. Put on your big boy pants and harden the [edited] up.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 2

[A-I-M]
Members
3,392 posts
14,025 battles

Could we have even one less premium, and instead have QoL changes?

WG marketing reads, calls devs, and says “customers demand QOL mod pack at price point of T9 premium! Commence development!!“

60 days later on WoWs home page: “New to premium shop!!! QoL Admiral Pack $157.86!!! QoL Commanders Pack $118.26!! QoL Base Pack $79.99!!!”

• Funny 1

[WPORT]
Members
6,504 posts
11,507 battles
1 hour ago, kgh52 said:

need more scenarios, tiers 5 thru 9 would be nice. And the scenarios removed due to the CV rework a year ago should have been already back in the game. 

I agree with the above sentiments.

• Cool 1

[WPORT]
Members
6,504 posts
11,507 battles
2 hours ago, Taichunger said:

I'd like to know who sunk me, especially if they behaved in a "Worthy Adversary" manner.
It's a game.  :-)

• Cool 1

Members
2,767 posts
93 battles
2 hours ago, Fodder4U said:

How about working on the contacts list. Online contacts sort to top. 

FYI I am almost positive it is a different team that works on ships vs other game mechanics and features so less premium ships do not equate to man power added to other things.

I saw someone claim that all these new premiums is an act of desperation on WG's side because they're running bankrupt. Which then most likely results in employee cuts,  thereforeone team does the work of multiple teams due to shortage of manpower (i.e. balance team working on both balancing game and making new features and premiums.)

Edited by RyuuohD_NA

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,243 battles
36 minutes ago, Wolfswetpaws said:

I'd like to know who sunk me, especially if they behaved in a "Worthy Adversary" manner.
It's a game.  :-)

That info is on the sidebar.

[WPORT]
Members
6,504 posts
11,507 battles
5 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

That info is on the sidebar.

Thanks.  :-)

[PVE]
Members
6,891 posts
22,587 battles
29 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

I saw someone claim that all these new premiums is an act of desperation on WG's side because they're running bankrupt. Which then most likely results in employee cuts,  thereforeone team does the work of multiple teams due to shortage of manpower (i.e. balance team working on both balancing game and making new features and premiums.)

Haven't heard of any employees being let go on account of that.

All of our NA staff seem to still be on the clock.

Only employee I've heard about"leaving" recently (not NA) had a bad PR moment happen which we don't need to get into here.

Seems the word about employees being let go in mass numbers (for whatever reason) would be hard to cover up.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
3,614 posts
15,345 battles

Spreadsheet says QoL changes don't make money...

592229805450199051.png?v=1

• Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
25,405 posts
27,279 battles
1 hour ago, MannyD_of_The_Sea said:

WG marketing reads, calls devs, and says “customers demand QOL mod pack at price point of T9 premium! Commence development!!“

60 days later on WoWs home page: “New to premium shop!!! QoL Admiral Pack $157.86!!! QoL Commanders Pack $118.26!! QoL Base Pack $79.99!!!”

The problem is that a QoL DLC might likely need to be updated with every monthly patch.  And that'd be a pain in the behind.

If they wanted to sort of monetize it, I suppose that they could make QoL stuff only available to people with premium accounts.  But doing that might make the client code more complex and troublesome than it'd be worth.

Another option might be a crowd funding project to get players to "pay" for a QoL project.  But even then, unless they were going to hire people specifically for the project, they'd be limited to existing people who are already working on existing projects.  And the number of developers who are available for doing this sort of QoL project might be limited, and moving them onto a QoL project might hurt other projects' timelines.

But here's an idea for a pseudo crowd funding model.  Rather than doing it through a normal crowd funding sight, what it WG created an in game campaign, similar to the Steel campaign from 2 Christmases ago, where there was a reward of steel or a nice premium ship, and the money was to be directed into a QoL project.  It seems like an interesting idea, but there's probably a lot of room for bad PR too if the project isn't sufficiently good or delivered in a fairly timely manner or whatever.

Anyways, just some thoughts...

[ANK-A]
Members
1,307 posts
10,882 battles

A HUGE QOL issue would be if they could once and for all fix the port UI freezing up for 15 or 20 seconds all the freaking time.... especially if running a div. 

This one would actually make them money.  I could play an extra game or two a day with all the time saved not stuck waiting in port.  More playing = more money for WG.

• Cool 2

[5D4]
[5D4]
Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
4 hours ago, Taichunger said:

I am still hoping for the operations expansion and new ones it is a nice break from randoms and stressful days

[5D4]
[5D4]
Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
2 hours ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

They more premiums then anything, if you are hurting for money as a company,  cut the employees that don't do software like fem and others?