You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
bugman757

Will enterprise be coming back to the shop or will it be permanently moved to boxes.

51 comments in this topic

[FDS]
Members
36 posts
2,002 battles

I created this topic to ask if anybody has any idea is enterprise is coming back to the shop of if it is removed permanently, since the santa gift boxes end soon i wanted to know if i should try my luck with them or wait for it to return to the shop. 

any information would be appreciated thank you.

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,504 battles

Removed permanent.

Like the Guilio Cesare

Like the Imperator Nicolai

Like the Musashi

Like the Gremyashy

Like the Missouri

Like the Kamikaze

R.I.P.

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,053 posts
10,804 battles
15 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Removed permanent.

Like the Guilio Cesare

Like the Musashi

Like the Gremyashy

Like the Missouri

Like the Kamikaze

R.I.P.

OMG! The Belfast is coming back to the shop!!!!!!!!!!! OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!!!!!!

j/k

• Funny 1

[-KAK-]
Members
607 posts
11,789 battles
21 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Removed permanent.

Like the Guilio Cesare

Like the Musashi

Like the Gremyashy

Like the Missouri

Like the Kamikaze

R.I.P.

Not to mention Belfast, Kamikaze R, Fujin, Kutusov and Kronshtadt

It really is a pity.... Look at that list. Ask your average naval history fan, they'll rarely have heard of the likes of Guilio, Nicolai, Gremy or Kamikaze. But to lock ships like Missouri (Incredibly famous, and still a museum), Musashi (Not as well known as Yamato, but still relatively well known), Belfast (A well known museum in London) and now Enterprise (Probably the most famous CV in history) away forever, only to be seen by the superwhales when Santa crates come out... it's a bloody shame.

I'm not saying that OP ships should be made available just for fame and history's sake, and I'm not saying that WG should go and nerf ships that people have spent hundreds of dollars trying to get... You just wish there was a way to bring these ships back.

• Cool 1

7,026 posts
27,504 battles
11 minutes ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

OMG! The Belfast is coming back to the shop!!!!!!!!!!! OH HAPPY DAY!!!!!!!!!!

j/k

Ups, forgot her, sitting at work

k, then

Like the Belfast

Like the MK

[XXX]
Members
594 posts
1,579 battles

Reality is WG has NO interest in balancing the Enterprise, so we will never see it again.  More's the pity.

[WOLF1]
Members
5,947 posts
6 minutes ago, Formous said:

Reality is WG has NO interest in balancing the Enterprise, so we will never see it again.  More's the pity.

It's a premium ship that people paid money for.  WG was going to start balancing the OP premiums, and the playerbase had screaming meemie fits.  The playerbase made that decision, not WG.

[XXX]
Members
594 posts
1,579 battles
Just now, Kirov_Six said:

It's a premium ship that people paid money for.  WG was going to start balancing the OP premiums, and the playerbase had screaming meemie fits.  The playerbase made that decision, not WG.

Except it's not.  Think this way, its a ship any cv player like me wants, so they hide it in rng with the huge crates. They do it on purpose to force revenue, as backwards as that seems.  And Octavian won't be able to prove otherwise.  

[SIM]
Members
5,388 posts
8,890 battles

Have we ever received an official, authoritative explanation as to why the Enterprise was pulled from general sale?

Edited by SkaerKrow

[WOLF1]
Members
5,947 posts
1 minute ago, Formous said:

Except it's not.  Think this way, its a ship any cv player like me wants, so they hide it in rng with the huge crates. They do it on purpose to force revenue, as backwards as that seems.  And Octavian won't be able to prove otherwise.  

You must have not have been here for the Giulio Cesare screaming meemie fits...

If you want to spout conspiracy theories w/o proof, there are much better forums than this one...

• Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Members
5,947 posts
2 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Have we ever received an official, authoritative explanation as to why the Enterprise was pulled from general sale?

Last I saw, I think it was via Fem, was that it was 'overperforming', but its permanent fate has not yet been decided.  I don't think that any 'final' disposition has been said yet.

Basically, when they did the patch that slowed down *all* CV planes, Enterprise got buffed versus all the others, I guess, because she was hurt the least by it.  That was my understanding, anyway.

Edited by Kirov_Six

7,026 posts
27,504 battles
2 minutes ago, Kirov_Six said:

Kind of. But they had the chance to balance the Enterprise in the first place. She was ok in the RTS time. Then she was meh with the first CV reworks. After the "final" version of the CV rework, she was complete broken. 

The problem wasn't the OPness of the Enterprise, it was the change of game mechanics that strengthen her more then the other CV. 

[XXX]
Members
594 posts
1,579 battles
Just now, Kirov_Six said:

You must have not have been here for the Giulio Cesare screaming meemie fits...

If you want to spout conspiracy theories w/o proof, there are much better forums than this one...

I don't deny it seems conspiratorial.  But it does have a modicum of truth if you consider drop rates.  It's behind a micro transaction requiring dozens and dozens if not hundreds of purchases to maybe get.  Even if not intentional, it is in effect the same thing.  I think this has occurred to WG, which explains why each over performing ships winds up there.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,295 posts
22,175 battles
3 minutes ago, SkaerKrow said:

Have we ever received an official, authoritative explanation as to why the Enterprise was pulled from general sale?

https://forum.worldofwarships.eu/topic/123209-dry-dock-enterprise/

image.thumb.png.9979243fd460a813e65d751cda855b61.png

Edited by Warped_1

[WOLFC]
Members
513 posts
7,427 battles

Honestly, I think they could do themselves a favor (and sell more ships) if they brought back variants of each of these. Say, a "Missouri 1944" and a "Belfast 1945", and so on. Musashi could probably be brought back as is, with all of the additions at tier 10, the 18" guns aren't as unique as they used to be. Tweak the stats that made them OP, and re release them fixed for the collectors. Or somehow bake the original OPness into the camo, and release new versions with a different "skin".

Edited by Nolo_00

[WOLF1]
Members
5,947 posts
1 minute ago, Nolo_00 said:

Honestly, I think they could do themselves a favor (and sell more ships) if they brought back variants of each of these. Say, a "Missouri 1944" and a "Belfast 1945", and so on. Musashi could probably be brought back as is, with all of the additions at tier 10, the 18" guns aren't as unique as they used to be.

Some of the people who already own the OP versions would flip the hell out that a lesser version of 'their' ship was being sold; i.e. the same people who had fits when WG talked about balancing GC.   They'd probably claim their ship was being devalued somehow.

0 posts
1 hour ago, bugman757 said:

I created this topic to ask if anybody has any idea is enterprise is coming back to the shop of if it is removed permanently, since the santa gift boxes end soon i wanted to know if i should try my luck with them or wait for it to return to the shop. 

any information would be appreciated thank you.

Enterprise is badly overpowered, which is why it will not return to the premium shop. Why it was not brought down to a balanced state like the other premium CVs during the CV rework, is debateable, but fear of upsetting the community is a likely explanation.

I should say its removal is permanent. But, I wouldn't recommend the santa lootboxes either, the drop rate is low, and it will cost you far more, than it is worth.

7,026 posts
27,504 battles
1 minute ago, Nolo_00 said:

Honestly, I think they could do themselves a favor (and sell more ships) if they brought back variants of each of these. Say, a "Missouri 1944" and a "Belfast 1945", and so on. Musashi could probably be brought back as is, with all of the additions at tier 10, the 18" guns aren't as unique as they used to be.

Missouri 1944? Get a perma camo for the Iowa

Belfast 1945? it's called the Edinburgh with perma camo.

Musashi is special because you can shoot T7 ships.

[WOLFC]
Members
513 posts
7,427 battles
3 minutes ago, Kirov_Six said:

Some of the people who already own the OP versions would flip the hell out that a lesser version of 'their' ship was being sold; i.e. the same people who had fits when WG talked about balancing GC.   They'd probably claim their ship was being devalued somehow.

Sadly, you're not wrong. I have them only by virtue of throwing money at the loot box machine. I personally wouldn't have any problem with the idea, but I get that others might not be so reasonable with it. Bottom line it's a shame they're near impossible to get in the first place.

Edited by Nolo_00

[WOLF1]
Members
5,947 posts
6 minutes ago, Nolo_00 said:

Sadly, you're not wrong. I have them only by virtue of throwing money at the loot box machine. I personally wouldn't have any problem with the idea, but I get that others might not be so reasonable with it. Bottom line it's a shame they're near impossible to get in the first place.

I got Missouri via 750K FXP, Got Enterprise when she was brand new; i.e. first day; bought Kutuzov when they put her on sale just before they pulled her;  bought GC when she was on sale before she went away; got Musashi and Kronshtadt  (and Krasny Krym...) Santa 2018; got Nikolai, Gremy, Belfast, Kami Santa 2017, got Fujin and Benham Santa 2019.

Also, on the low-tier not-avaiable list, I have Vampire and Konig Albert.

Edited by Kirov_Six

[WOLF1]
Members
5,947 posts
7 minutes ago, Nolo_00 said:

Bottom line it's a shame they're near impossible to get in the first place.

Oh, I agree.  I think they should be balanced back into line with the rest, but obviously others don't agree.

Other games do it all the time, including with stuff paid for with cash.

• Cool 1

7,026 posts
27,504 battles
1 minute ago, Kirov_Six said:

I got Missouri via 750K FXP, Got Enterprise when she was brand new; i.e. first day; bought Kutuzov when they put her on sale just before they pulled her;  bought GC when she was on sale before she went away; got Musashi and Kronshtadt  (and Krasny Krym...) Santa 2018; got Nikolai, Gremy, Belfast, Kami Santa 2017, got Fujin and Benham Santa 2019.

This only works, if you have already a huge amount of premiums. The chances for new players are bad. 

[ARGSY]
Members
21,663 posts
15,713 battles

A very justifiable reason for anger in this case is that she was removed without warning, unlike any of the other removed premiums that I can remember since I started playing.

Unfortunately, reinstating her would bring howls of execration from people who decided that having her was worth spending vastly more money than she is reasonably worth in an attempt to appease RNGesus. Now there are some people who have that sort of money who deliberately and calmly set about buying as many Christmas crates as are necessary to obtain every forbidden ship and can accept the bad rolls they get (and enjoy whatever comes out of those), and they might think nothing of the Big E being returned to sale - but I can think of others here who would not take such a situation as well, and who would feel hateful instead of glad for the sudden good fortunes of the new customers.

[WOLF1]
Members
5,947 posts
3 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

This only works, if you have already a huge amount of premiums. The chances for new players are bad. 

That is true.  However, unlike many, I would happily let them balance the Big E so others could get her.  Or GC, or Missouri, or Gremy, or the others.  They're just pixels.  I think people are stupid about it, but, as I said, I know others disagree.  

I have every ship that was on that list of 86, and, yes, most of those I had before the event started this year.

Edited by Kirov_Six

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,222 posts
24,618 battles

The way things stand right now with Enterprise among Tier VIII Carriers, I highly doubt she's returning as a normal Premium Ship.