You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kraayt

Clan Battle: PR, Stalingrad, Moskva

18 comments in this topic

[BEARS]
[BEARS]
Beta Testers
283 posts
8,522 battles

Generally speaking, how do you think these three stack up for Clan Battles?

I'm sure we are going to see more Stalingrads this round after the steel earnings that have landed.

The Moskva will still be a default tank cruiser due to availability.

The Puerto Rico will make its entrance.

Thoughts on how they will stack up?

[-TKS-]
Members
835 posts
15,373 battles

i figure the moskva over stalin for the dpm specially  due to cyclones. I think pr for meme's only, i think yoshino would be better but why take either .  Radar on missouri was always a secondary thing and i think the pr is worse?

Edited by EyE_dYe_QuIck

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,221 posts
21,632 battles

Stalingrad #1

Moskva #2

Puerto Rico #3 due to limited access. 

Generally the PR is good in the right hands, but not as tanky as the Russians. 

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,090 battles

Moskva is always a good choice because the dpm and burn less time then stalin. But is good have an stalin as "second battleship".

PR is useless.

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,176 posts
5,467 battles

I'm thinking PR is going to be a very strong choice. It's new so not many know how to deal with it, and it just brings so much HP to the table. As painful as it is to say given the events this month, I think 2 PRs on a flank is going to be meta

[WHARF]
Members
275 posts
18,052 battles
27 minutes ago, _BBaby said:

I'm thinking PR is going to be a very strong choice. It's new so not many know how to deal with it, and it just brings so much HP to the table. As painful as it is to say given the events this month, I think 2 PRs on a flank is going to be meta

well...listening to members who have the PR...i thinks we wont see many

[IND8]
[IND8]
Members
1,042 posts
10,751 battles

They all fill the same role, so really it will depend upon availability.

36 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Stalingrad #1

Moskva #2

Puerto Rico #3 due to limited access. 

Generally the PR is good in the right hands, but not as tanky as the Russians. 

And this is pretty much the pecking order. Stalingrad is the best, but is very hard to get. Moskva is tech tree, so it will be fairly common. Puerto Rico will be rare since it requires the player to have not only acquired it, but to not have the other two.

[OGRES]
[OGRES]
Beta Testers
683 posts
18,428 battles

Stalin is much better in early leagues where mistakes are made more often.  Once you reach a certain level I would rather bring a Moskva for the less burn time and I can bring hydro.

• Cool 1

[BUOY]
Members
1,095 posts
15,180 battles
1 hour ago, _BBaby said:

Ehhh, I'm skeptical on the PR's alpha potential overcoming her worst in class accuracy, worst in class DPM, lazy shells and general 'I'm you, but worse except for spotting utility' comparison to the Monty. I've also yet to see a PR impress me in randoms.

Personally I'm guessing the Yoshino will be the CB to shine this season since there's only 1 BB for them to worry about and the Henri is getting Nancy Kerrigan'ed.

Edited by lloyd1701

[GGWP]
Members
7,085 posts
16,336 battles

Legendary moskva is better than stalin. 

However Stalingrad is good for behavior denial as it makes them respect the fact that they have to watch their broadside to 2 different ships. 

[WOLF1]
Members
5,761 posts
1 hour ago, dadeoo said:

well...listening to members who have the PR...i thinks we wont see many

Yeah, I've heard both ways.  Will be interesting what actually happens.

[GRAVE]
Members
1,354 posts
19,459 battles

Stalingrad is great at delivering insane levels of alpha strikes to any ship at almost any range, but has 60sec fire time, doesn't turn, has almost no DPM (worst among T10 cruisers actually, even Yoshino and Puerto Rico beat it), and stupendously easy to citadel if flanked.

Moskva has worse alpha than Stalin, but can deliver more shells down range very quickly, while being just as tanky (a little more so as she doesn't burn for 60secs), but still has Stalingrads lack of turning ability and easy to find citadel

PR might work more along the line of a Stalingrad but trades shell pen, some armor, and shell ballistics for autobounce angles and can use island cover more easily. PR could be used for maybe if you want a DM/Salem that can one shot cruisers, overmatch Smolensks, and pen 50mm of plating, at the expense of Dm/Salem's DPM

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
19,942 battles
2 hours ago, Kraayt said:

The Puerto Rico will make its entrance.

I'm betting between fire and "PEW-PEW" Puerto Ricos will also make a hasty exit. Really not that good of a ship according to those who have played it.

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles

Yoshino has been proving to be far more formidable than originally predicted. And actually feels like sneaking extra BBs into CB to some extent.

The 12” guns are long ranged, reasonably hard hitting, reload feels like Scharnhorst. AA guns are adequate in case CVs were to get added into CB. And the 20km torpedoes have been surprisingly effective as well. Then add in the trollish armor and 34knts stock speed and Yoshino is an excellent ship.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,221 posts
21,632 battles
3 hours ago, Shannon_Lindsey said:

They all fill the same role, so really it will depend upon availability.

And this is pretty much the pecking order. Stalingrad is the best, but is very hard to get. Moskva is tech tree, so it will be fairly common. Puerto Rico will be rare since it requires the player to have not only acquired it, but to not have the other two.

I do not have Stalingrad. 

PR cannot hold back a flank like a Moskva can.

HOWEVER,  at the right spot, you can peek just enough to remain unspotted and fire your 2 rear guns.

I was successful doing it in a random, until a ship got around my flank into my spotting rang and I had to press w to hide.

Doing the same thing in a Moskva would have had to reverse,  potentially taking more damage.

PR in randoms seem to be playing like battleships and sitting back.

Unlike Moskva pushing and holding flanks.

A Yoshino would probably be better in CB than a PR at sitting back, but we shall see.