You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Cit_the_bed

285 ships. It takes 75 seconds to authorize and login.

15 comments in this topic

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,250 posts
19,571 battles

1:15 seconds every single time I load the game. If the game crashes, it takes that long and longer to get back in.

How is it acceptable for it to take over a minute to authorize and login to the server?

• Funny 1
  • Confused 1

[TFLT]
[TFLT]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
781 posts
12,744 battles

That's not the game dude...

[O_O]
Members
6,777 posts
16,233 battles

My game boots up very quickly (about 10-15 seconds)

But, I have a new computer.

I second what Viper069 said.

Edited by desmo_2

[A-O]
Members
1,025 posts
10,478 battles
42 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

1:15 seconds every single time I load the game. If the game crashes, it takes that long and longer to get back in.

How is it acceptable for it to take over a minute to authorize and login to the server?

What are your system specs?

Are you loading from a hard drive or an SSD ?

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles

I have been having quite a bit of perfomance issues since the last patch, including it getting stuck on 'waiting for authorization', not getting after-battle reports, and occasionally getting kicked to login. I don't think it's a local issue with my hardware but I also don't think its cause I have too many ships in port (that is responsible for some of the port lag though). I think it's time for a fresh install. 

Beta Testers
3,254 posts
26,926 battles
57 minutes ago, Cit_the_bed said:

Time for you to either up-grade or buy yourself a new one .

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,278 posts
21,726 battles

Launching from game center on 10 meg dsl.

45 seconds.

190 ships

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,221 posts
14,759 battles
1 hour ago, Cit_the_bed said:

The Old Republic 40 seconds to get to play and another 40 seconds from play to character selection.

The Elder Scrolls Online zero to play if updated and 60 seconds from play to character selection.

WoWP zero to play if updated and yes 75 seconds give or take to port and I have the game on an SSD. The games initial load has always been on the slow side and the number of ships and captains in the reserve does impact this.

1 hour ago, Viper069 said:

That's not the game dude...

Actually it is, I am going to guess that he is on an SSD too and it is just the nature of the beast. I have an i5-7500 so a couple of generations back but not ancient with both the OS and the game on an SSD and 16GB of RAM.

59 minutes ago, desmo_2 said:

My game boots up very quickly (about 10-15 seconds)

But, I have a new computer.

I second what Viper069 said.

I am going to guess that you have an NMVe drive which is about five times faster than a SSD which in turn is about five times faster than a HDD. They were more expensive and smaller than SSD's when I rebuilt this computer a couple of years ago but are now cheaper, a lot cheaper.

[RLGN]
Members
14,965 posts
26,497 battles

Yeah, my laptop is still fine with Warships, but it’s starting to push 4-5 years old. I’d imagine I’ll need a new one before too much longer.

[BONKS]
Alpha Tester
242 posts
7,533 battles

This is a known issue with the game, particularly for individuals with lots of ships and captains. I just ran a load test on mine and it was 88 sec. While I have a [edited] 10M DSL connection, my rig is not:

i7-7820x 3.6GHz
16GB DDR4 2666 Memory
1TB Samsung 970 EVO NVMe SSD
EVGA RTX 2070 Super

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,250 posts
19,571 battles

I have a job, can only check this post once a day. I will make a ticket.

System is on NVME ssd on a ryzen 7 2700x, it's not the hardware.

Still takes a full minute to log in on 0.9.0.

Edited by Cit_the_bed

[-ARP-]
[-ARP-]
Members
1,250 posts
19,571 battles
On 1/15/2020 at 12:09 PM, turbo07 said:

I still don't see any ticket from you after the Update. Please check if the issue is still actual. 
Here is the list to check first when you face any non-critical issue with game client:

Reveal hidden contents
  • delete modifications if you have any (you may also start game in a "Safe mode", check this with the right edge of "Play" button in WGCenter)
  • "check and repair" client via WGC >> Game Settings (This topic may be helpful with the first two points)  
  • delete your preferences.xml file in the game folder and set everything manually again with the next game launch 
  • choose another graphic settings and check the result 
  • close all unnecessary applications before the start of the game

If nothing helps I would recommend to submit a ticket to our Support with WGCheck Report and some notes attached.

Reveal hidden contents

en_voAgm15c.jpg

Thank you for your report.

Ticket made. I had work all week. WGcheck report attached to the ticket.

Beta Testers
272 posts
4,285 battles

181 ships here, and a lot of captains. My login takes 1:15-1:30. World of Tanks is way worse, that can take up to 5 minutes.

Running on a Ryzen 7 3700X, 32GB DDR4 3600mhz, Samsung 970 Evo 2TB nvme drive and a 200/20 connection. Its not  likely to be my system or internet. 

Edited by Astralite