You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SpaceHyena

Unique upgrades on RB - make the game p2w

183 comments in this topic

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,090 battles

WG dont really care for us, they just care for how much they can push us to this terrible research bureal p2w hell, looks like they dont care if this is a d**b idea without anysense sine they can take money from free xp to make people regrind lines.

This idea is TERRIBLE and dont make ANY sense, why hell regrind a line to take an upgrade for you tier X? Really, this DONT make any sense, you dont going become better playing the ship a lot you just going expend a lot free xp to jump this hell grind again.

WG hire someone from eletronic arts/bethesda executives to take this terrible decisions?

Unique Upgrades

c34ec98e-362d-11ea-ac95-d89d6715223c.jpg

As the opening move towards the changes that have been promised for unique upgrades, we've updated the way in which they are obtained. With the release of Update 0.9.2, unique upgrades will appear in the Research Bureau tab of the Armory. The challenges and combat missions for unique upgrades will also change.

• The combat missions that reward players with unique upgrades for Tier X ships can still be received until the release of Update 0.9.1, by playing one battle with the specified Tier X ship.
  • Any of these combat missions already obtained prior to this point will expire on December 31, 2020.

We’re going to update the existing upgrades and add some new ones in future.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/update-090-british-cruisers/

• Cool 4
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 10

[YETI]
[YETI]
Members
544 posts
12,531 battles
4 minutes ago, KHyena said:

WG dont really care for us, they just care for how much they can push us to this terrible research bureal p2w hell, looks like they dont care if this is a d**b idea without anysense sine they can take money from free xp to make people regrind lines.

This idea is TERRIBLE and dont make ANY sense, why hell regrind a line to take an upgrade for you tier X? Really, this DONT make any sense, you dont going become better playing the ship a lot you just going expend a lot free xp to jump this hell grind again.

WG hire someone from eletronic arts/bethesda executives to take this terrible decisions?

Unique Upgrades

As the opening move towards the changes that have been promised for unique upgrades, we've updated the way in which they are obtained. With the release of Update 0.9.2, unique upgrades will appear in the Research Bureau tab of the Armory. The challenges and combat missions for unique upgrades will also change.

• The combat missions that reward players with unique upgrades for Tier X ships can still be received until the release of Update 0.9.1, by playing one battle with the specified Tier X ship.
  • Any of these combat missions already obtained prior to this point will expire on December 31, 2020.

First off the Research Bureau isn't really "pay to win." It actually doesn't take one cent so not sure how you can say that. Second you don't know how they will put it in the RB yet. They could add as new currency that you get for playing hour tier 10 ship. I prefer to have more info before making judgments.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 2

[-TKS-]
Members
836 posts
15,412 battles

Arguably most of those legendary upgrades make their ship "worse" so actually if anything its p2l. Plus if they keep challenges and combat missions maybe you dont need to reset the lines to get them .   They also said the would be changing the upgrades themselves so theyll be getting balanced themselves .  whatever the case may be i dont think its p2w besides the last ranked sprint .

Edited by EyE_dYe_QuIck

[NUWES]
Members
3,240 posts
11,508 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Andy said:

First off the Research Bureau isn't really "pay to win." It actually doesn't take one cent so not sure how you can say that. Second you don't know how they will put it in the RB yet. They could add as new currency that you get for playing hour tier 10 ship. I prefer to have more info before making judgments.

I was going to point this out to him too. It isn't pay to win. You can grind them without paying. 

• Cool 1

[GWG]
Members
7,215 posts
13,981 battles

The announcement was that these UUs can be installed on ANY ship after the update.

Doesn't work on the Des Moines?  Put it on the Budyonny  -- or something like that.  (work in progress)

[HINON]
Members
13,716 posts
1 minute ago, Tzarevitch said:

I was going to point this out to him too. It isn't pay to win. You can grind them without paying. 

Shhhhh, dont let facts interrupt a good rant. 

• Funny 1

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,090 battles
2 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

Like you could grind for PR... its just dont make a sense, its an upgrade for TX ships why hell need regrind the entire line? Its just dont make ANY sense.

We all know this system is for make people use more free xP (and convert).

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,959 posts

1 minute ago, KHyena said:

Like you could grind for PR... its just dont make a sense, its an upgrade for TX ships why hell need regrind the entire line? Its just dont make ANY sense.

I used the RB to get the Ohio.  I didn't spend a dime.

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
8 minutes ago, Admiral_Andy said:

First off the Research Bureau isn't really "pay to win." It actually doesn't take one cent so not sure how you can say that.

It doesn't require one cent. But you can pay your way through it. And many people do. Which is exactly why WG implemented it.

People who re-grind through the lines normally without spending are, in WG's eyes, doing it incorrectly.

The RB is strictly a cash grab, naked and exposed for all to see, and people still defend it like this company hasn't just been the subject of multiple business ethics investigations last month.

[A-D-F]
7,959 posts
Just now, KiyoSenkan said:

It doesn't require one cent. But you can pay your way through it. And many people do. Which is exactly why WG implemented it.

People who re-grind through the lines normally without spending are, in WG's eyes, doing it incorrectly.

The RB is strictly a cash grab, naked and exposed for all to see, and people still defend it like this company hasn't just been the subject of multiple business ethics investigations last month.

It isn't "incorrectly", it's specifically a method that is designed to be used.  If WG didn't want us getting the ships for free, we wouldn't get the ships for free.  I got the ship for free.

[NUWES]
Members
3,240 posts
11,508 battles

I wasn't commenting on whether or not it was a good idea. I was just saying that it isn't pay-to-win. Pat-to-win refers to a special ability is hidden behind a paywall and which makes you better than a non-paying version. It's like the gold ammo in World of Tanks. You don't have to pay anything for the bureau. You just grind again. You can do it for free. It's up to the player whether they want to spend time, money, or neither. 

Also, they aren't really upgrades. One or two may be a bit better, generally they are sidegrades and some are objectively worse. 

3 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Same here. 

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,090 battles
4 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Get an ship make a bit sense, the idea of RB still terrible but this make sense.

But get an upgrade to put in a ship its totaly p2w, we all know you going need HAVE this upgrades to keep competitive, and you going NEED expend insanes amouts of free xp to get it, its just dont make any sense you dont going even play with that ship to get the upgrade and become better you going just need pay for that.

• Boring 1

[A-D-F]
7,959 posts

Get an ship make a bit sense, the idea of RB still terrible but this make sense.

But get an upgrade to put in a ship its totaly p2w, we all know you going need HAVE this upgrades to keep competitive, and you going NEED expend insanes amouts of free xp to get it, its just dont make any sense you dont going even play with that ship to get the upgrade and become better you going just need pay for that.

Something is not pay to win, if you don't have to pay for it.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,357 posts
10 minutes ago, Admiral_Andy said:

"They might possibly hypothetically do some thing I just made up out of the blue, so your concerns based on what we know today are pointless."

It's like that thinking is contagious around here or something.

There are a lot of threads, so maybe I missed something...  Has WG said they're going to add more ways to gain Regrind Points?  Have they given any indication that we'll ever be able to get Regrind Points without going through the nonsense of selling off ships we already have and regrinding them?   Have they given any indication that there will be more "currencies" added to the Regrind Bureau in addition to the Regrind Points?

[5D4]
[5D4]
Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
23 minutes ago, KHyena said:

Unique Upgrades

still possible  to turn it into a good think like pay 500,000 to unlock the mission or something  simple, not regrinding my lines.

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,176 posts
5,476 battles
9 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

The announcement was that these UUs can be installed on ANY ship after the update.

Doesn't work on the Des Moines?  Put it on the Budyonny  -- or something like that.  (work in progress)

The announcement was talking about special upgrades (hydro mod, radar mod, the likes)... stuff available for coal in the armory. So post WiP changes you can run something like a Missouri with the radar mod, whereas currently you cant because of the class restriction on the upgrade.

UUs are still tied to tier 10 ships

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
5 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

It isn't "incorrectly", it's specifically a method that is designed to be used.  If WG didn't want us getting the ships for free, we wouldn't get the ships for free.  I got the ship for free.

They consider it incorrect because they implemented it to harvest money and you're not giving them any. You are not the target audience. You're acceptable losses. A write-off. A parasite.

That's what WG's staff thinks of people who don't pay their way through re-grinds. The way they treated their customers during the PR disaster made their feelings on customers crystal clear.

• Cool 3
  • Boring 4

0 posts

Why this does not surprise me/

WOWS is sinking, quite inexorably, into total monetization quicksand, every pixel counts.

[A-D-F]
7,959 posts
1 minute ago, KiyoSenkan said:

They consider it incorrect because they implemented it to harvest money and you're not giving them any. You are not the target audience. You're acceptable losses. A write-off. A parasite.

That's what WG's staff thinks of people who don't pay their way through re-grinds. The way they treated their customers during the PR disaster made their feelings on customers crystal clear.

Could you point me to where WG said the part in bold?

Of course the intention is to make money.  Everything in the game serves that purpose but I would like to see where WG said that earning the rewords for free, is incorrect.

[GWG]
Members
7,215 posts
13,981 battles
1 minute ago, _BBaby said:

The announcement was talking about special upgrades (hydro mod, radar mod, the likes)... stuff available for coal in the armory. So post WiP changes you can run something like a Missouri with the radar mod, whereas currently you cant because of the class restriction on the upgrade.

UUs are still tied to tier 10 ships

OK.  I misunderstood.

I stand a rectum.

[PVE]
Members
20,002 posts
12,695 battles
22 minutes ago, KHyena said:

Unique Upgrades

2 minutes ago, KHyena said:

First, you can do the grind again for FREE, so no money involved. That means your accusations of pay to win either lack a definition of what pay to win actually is or an abysmal lack of understanding how the game works.

Second, the UUs are side-grades, NOT upgrades. WG has explicitly said that the UUs are getting balanced. So once again a lack of understanding what UUs are and/or a lack of understanding the game.

5 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Something is not pay to win, if you don't have to pay for it.

EXACTLY. Something the P2W crowd doesn't seem to understand.

• Cool 1

[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
24,800 posts
3,895 battles
2 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Could you point me to where WG said the part in bold?

I don't have to. It's hilariously obvious in the way the RB itself was implemented.

Claiming it's anything but a cash grab is intentional ignorance.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 2
  • Boring 2

[A-D-F]
7,959 posts
2 minutes ago, KiyoSenkan said:

I don't have to. It's hilariously obvious in the way the RB itself was implemented.

Claiming it's anything but a cash grab is intentional ignorance.

So you said it and then said WG said it, but WG didn't say it.  Got it.

WG absolutely wants people to spend money, that's the whole point.  They also offer free methods though to attract more players.  Those free methods are not "incorrect".  The are options provided by WG themselves.

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,883 battles
25 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

Exactly.  Re-grinding a line costs you nothing, and is completely optional to do.