You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ensign_Cthulhu

Question about Christmas bundles leaving the shop.

14 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Members
21,526 posts
15,632 battles

Specifically these:

image.thumb.png.89f25b38b9d5a9aca9e6478b2dfbc96a.png

I don't want the Santa crates and I already bought the Gorizia, but I want to know about the Indomitable.

I don't want the commander or admiral packs; I just want the basic, bare-bones ship.

Will the basic, bare-bones ship be leaving for a while, or will I still be able to buy that sometime next week, for example? (I feel like I need a bit longer to think about it.) 

I don't even care if it doesn't have the XP boost missions with it.

Tagging @Hapa_Fodder and @Femennenly.

[LOS]
Members
864 posts
14,497 battles

If you're not sure then just buy her.  Imagine how you would feel in the morning if you logged in to see the new patch and the Indie had sailed ( I know that's the pet name for Indefatigable, but Indomitable needs a nick name too).

Edited by Sinton

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,970 posts
14,368 battles
5 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Specifically these:

I don't want the Santa crates and I already bought the Gorizia, but I want to know about the Indomitable.

I don't want the commander or admiral packs; I just want the basic, bare-bones ship.

Will the basic, bare-bones ship be leaving for a while, or will I still be able to buy that sometime next week, for example? (I feel like I need a bit longer to think about it.) 

Aloha,

TBH, I bought Indomitable when it came out... and I HAVE NOT looked at any other tier VIII Prem CV since. Just my 2 cents (PERSONAL opinion) it's probably better than most of the tier VIII CV's.

That being said, I don't play my CV's like a lot of people do, so peoples views may differ from mine. My CV play is focused mostly on supporting the team, not trying to get my end game results on top, though playing this fashion often ends up with me mid to upper part of the team score board.

I focus spotting, fighter dropping, fire starting. Her bombers, if managed right can do quite a bit of damage to cruisers with minimal loss to the aircraft. And that is vs all tiers.

AGAIN, this is just me and my opinion though! Take it for what you will.

Mahalo,

-Hapa

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,024 posts
17,079 battles

Pretty sure she is gone from the shop when that timer runs down. Not sure why they would pull her that soon. 

[-KAK-]
Members
607 posts
11,725 battles

Not WG, so I'm not a great source, but my suspicion is if they pull the deals, they'll also pull the ship (At least temporarily). Hasn't that been the pattern with the last few ships? (If I'm wrong, someone please correct me!)

Personally, I'd think that it'd be smart to leave her in the shop until 9.2 (Since we're about to go through two UK-centric patches), because of national synergy/UK being the flavor for a bit, but I'm not really expecting such Patch-Shop coordination.

[ARC]
Members
999 posts
11,128 battles
1 hour ago, TheOmegaDuck said:

Not WG, so I'm not a great source, but my suspicion is if they pull the deals, they'll also pull the ship (At least temporarily). Hasn't that been the pattern with the last few ships? (If I'm wrong, someone please correct me!)

Personally, I'd think that it'd be smart to leave her in the shop until 9.2 (Since we're about to go through two UK-centric patches), because of national synergy/UK being the flavor for a bit, but I'm not really expecting such Patch-Shop coordination.

When they have sold ships before, they pull the ship out of the store for 1-2 weeks. Normally they are back, but we don't truly know when it will be back, as there are no annoucements to confirm it.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,526 posts
15,632 battles
1 hour ago, Hapa_Fodder said:

AGAIN, this is just me and my opinion though! Take it for what you will.

Hapa,  I respect you and value your opinion on the ship, but I'm afraid it doesn't answer my basic question: if I put the purchase off till the weekend, will the Indomitable then be in the store at all?

• Cool 2

[BUOY]
Members
1,097 posts
15,180 battles
1 hour ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Hapa,  I respect you and value your opinion on the ship, but I'm afraid it doesn't answer my basic question: if I put the purchase off till the weekend, will the Indomitable then be in the store at all?

Considering WG's track record on timing sales, expect the Indomitable to be gone the moment the timer hits zero if not sooner because the server refresh accidentally wiped it out; after which it'll be weeks to months before she's offered again. Although by all reviews the ship isn't OP by any stretch and so it's 99.99% likely the ship will be offered again.

[ARC]
Members
999 posts
11,128 battles
4 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I recommend you to purchase the ship if you feel it would not be available later. I think it would be back up in a week, but I can't confirm that information. Neither Benham nor Hill have been put in the store, and those are not ships I consider OP (Benham is close to the limit, however). But all other ships that have been launched would be back in the store 1-2 weeks later.

[T_O_P]
Members
423 posts
14 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Specifically these:

Here is my understanding... Even that BARE BONES offer is packaged with 25 missions... and something else... so ... I think it will be gone for a while (a month maybe until the next patch?), and then if it comes back it will be the same price just no missions, no bonuses. SO... IF YOU BUY NOW, you will still spend same $, but will also get the 25 XP bonus missions (or whatever tahell theyre called).

[WOLF8]
Members
7,583 posts
6,363 battles

I almost bought Domie, but I just decided to sit on my wallet, and wait for her to someday make her way to the Armory, so that I can possibly use the coupon... lol. :cap_book:

I already have Ark Royal for the Premium British CV anyway. :Smile-_tongue:

Of course, no one knows when Domie will actually arrive at the Armory... but I have patience. It's not like she's a super amazing ship to buy on an impulse. :fish_sleep:

[-K-]
Members
8,491 posts
14,878 battles
12 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I'd expect it to slot in with the rest of the regularly offered ships in the shop.  Both Alaska and Jean Bart remained in the shop after the initial promo deals expired.

All but assured Indomitable will make way for the next round of Pan-Asian premiums for the upcoming Chinese/Lunar new year.

[WG]
Administrator, Developers, Community Department, WG Staff, In AlfaTesters
3,970 posts
14,368 battles
14 hours ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Ah, apologies, I totally missed that part...  got too excited to give my opinion. :Smile_playing:

The sale as it is, ends Friday. :Smile_izmena:

Mahalo,

-Hapa

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/sales-and-events/premium-shop-0811/

[ARGSY]
Members
21,526 posts
15,632 battles

Answered my own question this morning.

Indomitable is still in the shop this morning. No bundles, no boosters, but still there.

Which was all I wanted to know from the start.