You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Butterfield_8

Puerto Rico Build

24 comments in this topic

[DVYJC]
Members
3 posts
9,032 battles

So... After spending $40 on 8x Santa's Big Gift and $35 on the Gorizia Bundle (without which it is impossible to complete the Puerto Rico Build) and $23 on a 8x Santa's Big Gift ($98 total), plus 30 days of game play and in-game resources I come away with nothing to show for the effort unless I spend an additional $60 (15,000 Doubloons) to complete the build?

This amounts to $158.00 for a single ship if it were bought outright.

I may continue to play the game because I enjoy it, but I certainly will not be spending anymore money on this game and I will share my experience with others.

• Cool 4
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1

[TOG]
Members
4,213 posts
25,120 battles
7 minutes ago, Butterfield_8 said:

So... After spending $40 on 8x Santa's Big Gift and $35 on the Gorizia Bundle (without which it is impossible to complete the Puerto Rico Build) and $23 on a 8x Santa's Big Gift ($98 total), plus 30 days of game play and in-game resources I come away with nothing to show for the effort unless I spend an additional $60 (15,000 Doubloons) to complete the build?

I may continue to play the game because I enjoy it, but I certainly will not be spending anymore money on this game and I will share my experience with others.

Caveat Emptor and all that. 

• Cool 3

[D_INC]
Members
57 posts
25,487 battles

1789732306_WorldofWarships1_14_20206_46_43AM.thumb.png.ca16f9768da9dc640c0e33fa833da09e.png

This is really frustrating....missed by 403,245 points....about 6 hrs. at the rate of "build". Oh well maybe it will show up some day for a million FREE XP?

[TOG]
Members
4,213 posts
25,120 battles
3 minutes ago, smiller94 said:

1789732306_WorldofWarships1_14_20206_46_43AM.thumb.png.ca16f9768da9dc640c0e33fa833da09e.png

This is really frustrating....missed by 403,245 points....about 6 hrs. at the rate of "build". Oh well maybe it will show up some day for a million FREE XP?

Fem did say they will sell the ship eventually. What resource and how much is unknown. A T9 DD goues for 1 mil FXP. A T10 battlecruiser? Easily 1.5-2 mil FXP.

[ARGSY]
Members
21,705 posts
15,738 battles
57 minutes ago, Butterfield_8 said:

without which it is impossible to complete the Puerto Rico Build

Are you absolutely sure about that?

• Boring 1

[TDR]
[TDR]
Members
945 posts
10,725 battles
1 hour ago, Butterfield_8 said:

I’m not sure I follow, why did the gifts bought count towards the total PR spend? Because you bought them to get doubloons to spend on PR boosters?

• Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles

This shouldn't come to a surprise to you, there was a tooltip ingame that told you if you were gonna complete the ship or not. I assume you were tracking your progress.

You probably would have been better off spending money to get dubs for boosters than buying Gorizia, with the 3 boosters you only had to do 2 directives (3 if you wanted Gorizia) and get enough tokens from daily missions for enough boosters. 

Also... Santa boxes had nothing to do with the PR build, not sure why you are factoring their cost/purchase in with being part of getting PR.

[RBMK2]
[RBMK2]
Members
585 posts
12,257 battles

Soooo, you spent:

$63 on Santa Crates

$35 on a T7 CA 

And now you're complaining because a T10 CA will cost $60?

Just clarifying.

• Funny 1

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,502 battles

You did not play much? Not even the second ship token boost? That would have put you over the top easily. You did not have to buy Gorizia to finish first 3 phases, I did it without her and if I could, trust me, anyone could have.

• Cool 1

[NUWES]
Members
3,243 posts
11,552 battles
3 hours ago, Butterfield_8 said:

Your experience pretty much exemplifies the worst problem of the way they did it. It hid the true cost of the ship and time to complete in such a way that you can spend a lot of money and end up with basically nothing for it if  you fell as little as one tick short. At minimum they should have awarded something of value to people who spent actual resources (cash and/or doubloons) and still came up short. Personally, thanks to @Kizarvexis 's post, I realized how to do it. I had enough doubloons to get 2 boosts. Then I got  Gorizia, which let me finish the missions I needed to (first 3) and then gave me enough additional doubloons to get the third boost. I didn't actually spend anything on Puerto Rico that I hadn't intended to spend for other things (Christmas crates to try to get Benham), other than part of the cost of Gorizia. 

The sad part of it is the build-a-ship part was very cool. The art was spectacular. I hope they do that again, but with a more fair system of events to earn it. They could even keep the build-over-time aspect but they really should have added a gage on the progress meter to tell you where you will be at the end of the event so you can tell when you have done enough. Sort of like how the heal bar tells you how much health you get back when you pop a heal so you can tell if it is productive to do so. That was the worst aspect of it. If you took the risk of letting the build reach the end naturally you couldn't be entirely sure if you would complete in time unless your math skills were very good (and mine aren't). 

The other mistake I think they made was giving away a T10 as part of an event. If they had used a lower-tier ship that is in demand (Tone for example) they could have made the stages less brutal and something the bulk of the playerbase could have done for free, and people would have enjoyed it more. I have a pretty high tolerance for grinding but that event really burned me out so much that I really didn't even want to play the game for days. 

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,122 posts
17,189 battles
3 hours ago, Butterfield_8 said:

If you were going to spend that much you should have bought boosters instead of Crates. Two boosters plus Gorizia was pretty easy for me. Three boosters plus Gorizia was easy for almost any of us.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
20,062 posts
12,754 battles
42 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

Your experience pretty much exemplifies the worst problem of the way they did it. It hid the true cost of the ship and time to complete in such a way that you can spend a lot of money and end up with basically nothing for it if  you fell as little as one tick short. At minimum they should have awarded something of value to people who spent actual resources (cash and/or doubloons) and still came up short. Personally, thanks to @Kizarvexis 's post, I realized how to do it. I had enough doubloons to get 2 boosts. Then I got  Gorizia, which let me finish the missions I needed to (first 3) and then gave me enough additional doubloons to get the third boost. I didn't actually spend anything on Puerto Rico that I hadn't intended to spend for other things (Christmas crates to try to get Benham), other than part of the cost of Gorizia. 

The sad part of it is the build-a-ship part was very cool. The art was spectacular. I hope they do that again, but with a more fair system of events to earn it. They could even keep the build-over-time aspect but they really should have added a gage on the progress meter to tell you where you will be at the end of the event so you can tell when you have done enough. Sort of like how the heal bar tells you how much health you get back when you pop a heal so you can tell if it is productive to do so. That was the worst aspect of it. If you took the risk of letting the build reach the end naturally you couldn't be entirely sure if you would complete in time unless your math skills were very good (and mine aren't). 

The other mistake I think they made was giving away a T10 as part of an event. If they had used a lower-tier ship that is in demand (Tone for example) they could have made the stages less brutal and something the bulk of the playerbase could have done for free, and people would have enjoyed it more. I have a pretty high tolerance for grinding but that event really burned me out so much that I really didn't even want to play the game for days. 

Yeah, WG has a communication problem and it is biting them in the [edited].

[NUWES]
Members
3,243 posts
11,552 battles
40 minutes ago, paradat said:

If you were going to spend that much you should have bought boosters instead of Crates. Two boosters plus Gorizia was pretty easy for me. Three boosters plus Gorizia was easy for almost any of us.

^This. He probably didn't know though. The event itself did not map it out for people. Like I noted above, the only thing that clued me in was a PSA from Kiz. 

[-TKS-]
Members
836 posts
15,436 battles
4 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

Yeah, WG has a communication problem and it is biting them in the [edited].

wrong the vocal player base has a comprehension problem and nothing is going to change that .  They'll keep throwing their temper tantrums and Wg will keep trucking along . 

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,122 posts
17,189 battles
3 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

wrong the vocal player base has a comprehension problem and nothing is going to change that .  They'll keep throwing their temper tantrums and Wg will keep trucking along . 

Sad but likely true. We can do our part to try and stay positive and correct the misconceptions as they occur. 

[PVE]
Members
20,062 posts
12,754 battles
4 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

WG was very vague about what was going to be involved before the PR patch. Just like this patch by withholding how many total bundles will be Tokens and how many will be dubs. That is not something that you need to conceal as we get it tomorrow anyway. But concealing that information has led to rampant speculation which is a problem.

Now it could be that WG had not determined the number of total bundles when the article came out yesterday. If that is true, then they need to make those decisions earlier, so we have the information and can make plans for what we individually want to grind out of this event. WG is causing it's own credibility problem.

[WOLFA]
Members
38 posts
15,792 battles
3 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

This shouldn't come to a surprise to you, there was a tooltip ingame that told you if you were gonna complete the ship or not. I assume you were tracking your progress.

Any idea where this was?  I kept looking and never saw anything like this. 

@smiller94 Did you file a ticket for the down time on the 11th.  That might be enough to push you over.

Good luck

[-TKS-]
Members
836 posts
15,436 battles
17 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

WG was very vague about what was going to be involved before the PR patch. Just like this patch by withholding how many total bundles will be Tokens and how many will be dubs. That is not something that you need to conceal as we get it tomorrow anyway. But concealing that information has led to rampant speculation which is a problem.

Now it could be that WG had not determined the number of total bundles when the article came out yesterday. If that is true, then they need to make those decisions earlier, so we have the information and can make plans for what we individually want to grind out of this event. WG is causing it's own credibility problem.

i fail to to see the analogy to the PR event but how does knowing the amount of bundles effect anything?    I think its crying about un-spilled milk . At the very least if people care that much they can speculate but surely you know its at least 11 for tokens and 13 for dubs if your pessimistic multiple it by 4 for the four available ships. 

[PVE]
Members
20,062 posts
12,754 battles
39 minutes ago, EyE_dYe_QuIck said:

i fail to to see the analogy to the PR event but how does knowing the amount of bundles effect anything?    I think its crying about un-spilled milk . At the very least if people care that much they can speculate but surely you know its at least 11 for tokens and 13 for dubs if your pessimistic multiple it by 4 for the four available ships. 

There will be 600 total Brit Tokens if you complete the four Directives, get all the Daily Shipments and get all 40 of the Daily Chains. If there are 30 Token bundles, that means that you have to get ALL of the Brit Tokens to get all the boxes. In past events, you could afford to get all the boxes with Tokens so you were guaranteed to get all the early access ships. IF there are 25 bundles, then you need to get all the Directives, Daily Shipments and 20 of the 40 Daily Chains. So you can plan out how likely you are to get that many Brit Tokens. Knows is half the battle, so if WG just told us how many total bundles there are, then people could plan instead of speculating wildly.

[SYN]
Members
8,256 posts
14,111 battles
47 minutes ago, bct_2015 said:

Any idea where this was?  I kept looking and never saw anything like this. 

@smiller94 Did you file a ticket for the down time on the 11th.  That might be enough to push you over.

Good luck

On top of the progress bar, left side. It wouldn't tell you the completion time, but which phase you would complete. I didn't see it at first either but it was nice once I found it. A little relief to know I was gonna finish it all.

Beta Testers
66 posts
2,940 battles
5 hours ago, smiller94 said:

Missed mine by 1%  with 99% complete.  

Beta Testers
66 posts
2,940 battles

When did this PR build begin?  I need to gather documentation from bank records for proof of wasting money on Doubloons for a refund.

[PIZZA]
Members
1,091 posts
13,448 battles

Warning! WG:s selling strategy has changed radically. It is not anymore honest selling. You have to understand everything what WG said or you are losing money without product.