You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheNorsePantheon

Please Bring Back Vampire!

21 comments in this topic

Members
19 posts
4,979 battles

HMAS Vampire is one of two Australian ships in the game and she's currently locked away in the Recruiting Station. To make matters worse, it's in the highest tier crate which would take a while to get by normal means. You're not even guaranteed Vampire if you do manage to get these crates!

Please, for the love of everything good in this world, bring back Vampire. I'm not the only Australian who wants her.

Members
387 posts
20,800 battles

It would be great if there was a system through which we could buy, sell, trade or gift between players.

I have Vampire, earned in game quite a ways back, and I'm certainly not married to her. Would be happy to barter.

Meanwhile the one I'm after is Gremyaschy, but there's no straightforward way to acquire that ship.

And I've always been intrigued by Iwaki A, but alas she's just a pipe dream.

Screenshot (339).png

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,009 battles
1 hour ago, Ziggy_Sprague said:

Meanwhile the one I'm after is Gremyaschy, but there's no straightforward way to acquire that ship.

Gremyashchy was deemed to be OP and removed from sales; Iwaki Alpha was an Alpha Tester reward ship and was never for sale, and rightly so. 

Members
387 posts
20,800 battles
5 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Gremyashchy was deemed to be OP and removed from sales

Yes, I'm aware of that. It's pretty much the reason why I wanted it!

7 minutes ago, Umikami said:

Iwaki Alpha was an Alpha Tester reward ship and was never for sale, and rightly so. 

Indeed, I knew that too. Every once in awhile I'll see one in game a feel some pixel envy.

[TRU]
Members
696 posts
20,151 battles

It would be great if there was a system through which we could buy, sell, trade or gift between players.

I have Vampire, earned in game quite a ways back, and I'm certainly not married to her. Would be happy to barter.

Screenshot (339).png

I got the Gram this year and she does not disappoint.  Long range torpedoes for the tier, good guns and health.  

Turret traverse sucks but that is the only downside I can think of.  Concealment is on par with the Americans but not as good as IJN.  

Members
387 posts
20,800 battles
4 minutes ago, mpwardawg said:

I got the Gram this year and she does not disappoint.

Congrats! Crate?

I had read that Grem was nerfed long ago but it still gives me a case of the wants.

My main gripe with Russki DDs is the limited torp range and Grem seems to have it all... guns, Stalinium and decent torps.

Enjoy.

Edited by Ziggy_Sprague

[TRU]
Members
696 posts
20,151 battles
5 minutes ago, Ziggy_Sprague said:

Congrats! Crate?

I had read that Grem was nerfed long ago but it still gives me a case of the wants.

My main gripe with Russki DDs is the limited torp range and Grem seemed to have it all... guns, Stalinium and decent torps.

Enjoy.

Yep on the crate and spell check on my phone is not fun.  

The Grem is just a fun ship to play.  I was able to citadel cruisers at close range and the torpedoes are great for a Russian DD.  

Edited by mpwardawg
Spelling
  • Cool 1

Members
387 posts
20,800 battles

It never occurs to me to look at this board through m'phone.

Never mind spelling... may you Kraken quick and often with her.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
20,009 battles

Yes, I'm aware of that. It's pretty much the reason why I wanted it!

Indeed, I knew that too. Every once in awhile I'll see one in game a feel some pixel envy.

I would also like to have both, though my odds of getting Gremy from a crate are infinitely better than getting Iwaki through a time machine. Iwaki has some interesting gimmicks; it shares Yubari's targeting mod which makes it one of the most accurate ships in the game, and I think it kept it's smoke screen. Que sera, sera!

Beta Testers
4,259 posts
21,597 battles

I saw this thread and decided to dust off ol Vampy and took her for a spin 75k Coop battle still a fun little boat 

• Cool 1

Members
19 posts
4,979 battles
7 hours ago, Ziggy_Sprague said:

Screenshot (339).png

I'll trade you my Gremyaschy for your Vampire.

5 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I am not sure if Vampire was even in Christmas boxes or not. 

It was not. With the exception of Imperator Nikolai, which is an exclusive ship, the Santa crates went as low as T5.

Members
4,301 posts
3,255 battles
7 hours ago, Ziggy_Sprague said:

Screenshot (339).png

Any system where you could transfer assets between players would open the door to those Asian gold spam shops. Go to a website and buy a Vampire. That would be the result.

Which is why we don't transfer goods between players thank god

[WOLF1]
Members
5,962 posts
7 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I am not sure if Vampire was even in Christmas boxes or not. 

It was not.  Nothing below Tier V. (Except Nikolai, I've been corrected.)

Edited by Kirov_Six

[DAS]
Members
1,013 posts
9,015 battles
9 hours ago, Ziggy_Sprague said:

I got it the first year they had Christmas crates :)

I haven't gotten anything good since, so I guess I spent all my luck the first year.

Members
387 posts
20,800 battles
5 hours ago, TheNorsePantheon said:

I'll trade you my Gremyaschy for your Vampire.

You've got a deal; if only there was a way to make it happen.

[CYPHR]
Alpha Tester, Members, Beta Testers
3,665 posts
19,090 battles

One had to earn the right to the club called the Order of the Death pickle (Iwaki)

Edited by PissedoffBoris