Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Raptor05121

Siegfried and Agir?

12 comments in this topic

[TF-62]
Members
87 posts
5,789 battles

So....are we getting Agir in lieu of Siegfried? Has she been scrapped or is Agir the "rework" of Siegfried? I still very much want a 38-cm cruiser, but I'll also look forward to this Agir as well!

[WOLF8]
Members
7,588 posts
6,363 battles

Hopefully we get both.

If true, then I feel like almost willing to make a bet that one will be for FXP, while the other will be for Coals... lol. :Smile_hiding:

[NUWES]
Members
3,240 posts
11,501 battles

What's Agir (besides the Norse sea god)?  I don't recall ever seeing that ship in development. 

[-N-]
Members
2,227 posts
14,831 battles
2 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

What's Agir (besides the Norse sea god)?  I don't recall ever seeing that ship in development. 

It wasn't, but they seemed to be having issues making Siegfried balanced, and might have decided to go a different direction.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,344 posts
23 minutes ago, GrimmeReaper said:

It wasn't, but they seemed to be having issues making Siegfried balanced, and might have decided to go a different direction.

They also appeared to be having trouble making it not just another piñata supercruiser. 

[NUWES]
Members
3,240 posts
11,501 battles
2 hours ago, GrimmeReaper said:

Makes sense. I guess we'll just have to wait and see what shakes out. I'm wondering why they didn't just keep the name and change the armament. I guess it keeps the option open to release both variants. 

[ANK-A]
Members
1,318 posts
10,972 battles

Anybody know what the specific trouble was?

6 barrels isnt much but Georgia makes do.

So my guess is survivability due largish detection and susceptibility to eating large caliber pens and HE spam from large size.  But would like to hear from somebody who has actually played the ship....

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,042 posts
17,079 battles
5 hours ago, Raptor05121 said:

So....are we getting Agir in lieu of Siegfried? Has she been scrapped or is Agir the "rework" of Siegfried? I still very much want a 38-cm cruiser, but I'll also look forward to this Agir as well!

Getting Both.

[-KAK-]
Members
607 posts
11,755 battles
5 hours ago, Raptor05121 said:

My assumption is that Siegfried's been a bit harder to balance than they expected. While she's on the back burner as they figure her out, they'll put Agir out to tide us over with a German super cruiser. I wouldn't be surprised if she has a shorter development period than what we've seen before.

[-N-]
Members
2,227 posts
14,831 battles
22 minutes ago, Jason864 said:

Whats the difference between the 2? Id really like a comparison

Agir is 3 turrets and a little less armor...

[PSA]
Members
5,111 posts
3,732 battles
2 hours ago, Jason864 said:

Whats the difference between the 2? Id really like a comparison

Seigfried is a cruiser with 6 fairly accurate 380mm guns. Agir is a cruiser with 9 not terribly accurate 305s. Neither could be considered 'good' at this stage in testing.

Sign in to follow this