Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JaysUsedBoatParts

I was planning but ended up not buying SQUAT this Christmas from WeeGee!?

14 comments in this topic

Banned
715 posts
1,090 battles

I wanted to buy some things from the charity event but it being 3rd party and worrying if I didn't jump through the right hoops would I even receive the donation prize AND it being a limited prize at that!?

Passed that one sadly.

Crates felt too YOU COULD GET THIS but also 30 other things I had absolutely no interest in spending money on.

Quickly passed on the PR event 

Well that's what I have to say about my first Christmas event. I WAS READY BUT YOU KNOW HOW IT IS.

TTYL

• Cool 4
  • Boring 4

[P2W]
[P2W]
Banned
1,334 posts

I bought my usual 0 crates this year . I don't support lootbox gambling.

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[WMD]
Members
1,760 posts
10,032 battles

Finally I can sleep at night! I was very concerned about how much other players spent on the game.... If only the other thousands of players could create a thread bragging about spending nothing as well. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2

[WORX]
Members
11,370 posts
19,183 battles

OP, ya missed out...

The Christmas event is tailored towered new guys whom, dont have a lot of ships in their port.. No other event will give you a lot of ship for a bargain for a new cpt.

Everyone spends their monies as they please, from here on out... Spending 50 bucks on one ship compared to getting 3 ships in the Christmas event (again its depending of how many ships are in your port already).

Since I am considered a vet... All I got was a lump of coal... Zero ships... Nada this year... Previous years... (if its still posted here from last year.) I got a lot of ships.

• Cool 1

[P2W]
[P2W]
Banned
1,334 posts
9 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

OP, ya missed out...

The Christmas event is tailored towered new guys whom, dont have a lot of ships in their port.. No other event will give you a lot of ship for a bargain for a new cpt.

Everyone spends their monies as they please, from here on out... Spending 50 bucks on one ship compared to getting 3 ships in the Christmas event (again its depending of how many ships are in your port already).

Since I am considered a vet... All I got was a lump of coal... Zero ships... Nada this year... Previous years... (if its still posted here from last year.) I got a lot of ships.

Now hey there, WG and especially Lesta went out of their way for all of us vets and disabled people this year to make sure we were occupied and didn't litter up other peoples Christmas and New Years with our presence.

Your family should be sending gifts of thanks to WG because we didn't depress them with our stories of woe thanks to the PR event.

Edited by DESRON10
  • Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
11,370 posts
19,183 battles
3 minutes ago, DESRON10 said:

WG and especially Lesta went out of their way for all of us vets and disabled people

I meant vets as playing the game for a long time.. Not military vet... Sorry for the confusion it may have caused...

[DWBG]
[DWBG]
Members
133 posts

I bought loot crates and it paid off for me.  I bought combined about 80.  20 Mega and the rest were the Big crates.  Got 14 ships, including the Missouri, so i'm happy.

[DPG]
Members
2,030 posts
10,678 battles

I also planned to buy some game stuffs during the holidays, but like last year, the nephews and niece handed me their christmas list early.  Buying a bunch of crates in the hopes of getting digital ships is all well and good, but the smile and excitement when kids open presents is a much better value.

• Cool 2

[ANK-A]
Members
1,312 posts
10,936 battles

I did spend a little, but nada on lootboxes.  The few free ones I got did nothing to encourage me to spin the virtual slot machine. 

I bought the half price membership and dragon flag bundle combo.  If I have some idea of what I'm getting, and throw me a little "discount", then sure, I'm happy to support the game I spend a lot of time on. 

Come to think of it...  I have never gotten a free ship through a loot box or super container.  Oh well.... I'll just have to be content with the other 108 ships....

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,834 posts
11,601 battles
55 minutes ago, VeatherVitch said:

Finally I can sleep at night! I was very concerned about how much other players spent on the game.... If only the other thousands of players could create a thread bragging about spending nothing as well. 

This is funny .+1

0 posts
49 minutes ago, DESRON10 said:

Now hey there, WG and especially Lesta went out of their way for all of us vets and disabled people this year to make sure we were occupied and didn't litter up other peoples Christmas and New Years with our presence.

Your family should be sending gifts of thanks to WG because we didn't depress them with our stories of woe thanks to the PR event.

but, according to Lesta, the PR event was tailormade to keep the "unemployed and sick", busy! 

9NxzOGV.png

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,834 posts
11,601 battles
39 minutes ago, Amenhir said:

I also planned to buy some game stuffs during the holidays, but like last year, the nephews and niece handed me their christmas list early.  Buying a bunch of crates in the hopes of getting digital ships is all well and good, but the smile and excitement when kids open presents is a much better value.

Well said sir nothing better than watching children open presents on Christmas Day another +1 .

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
5,064 posts
22,585 battles

I can't resist the loot boxes. I've spent on average $140 each year. I just like getting those shiny digital botes. I've had great luck with the crates so it has been worth it to me.

Santa 2016 Santa 2017 Santa 2018 Santa 2019
Atago Scharnhorst Krasny Krym Alabama
Ishizuchi Dunkerque Molotov Yudachi
Marblehead Prinz Eugen Monaghan Viribus Unitis
Arizona Okhotnik Asashio Massachusetts
Belfast Hood Gascogne Yahagi
Atlanta Indianapolis Gremyashchy Wichita
  Mutsu Ashitaka Lenin
  Tirpitz Musashi Le Terrible
      Kii
      Vanguard
      Kaga
      Azuma
      Graf Zeppelin
      Nikolai I

$120.00 $140.00 $150.00 $138.00

Note: This year I used the doubloons from the crates to buy more crates. In previous years I bought ships with the doubloons.

Edited by Khafni

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
10,166 battles

A pixel fightin' man only needs 3 ships.

An Asashio, to keep the BBs in their place. A Massachampus for the sheer glory of real combat.

And, ah....

Well, those two will do it.

Maybe a Leander, to know the real deal with Cruiser life.

Fancy men may get a Zao, but it's optional.

Asashio and Massach, and you are golden.

Sign in to follow this