You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
tm63au

Guess WG found There Way To Get Slava Into The Game

24 comments in this topic

[POP]
Members
2,921 posts
23,636 battles

Well with the flood gates open nothing stopping them now from releasing Slava, this new ship gives them freedom to do it.

WG_SPB_WoWs_Screenshots_Supertest_091_Yashima_1920x1080.thumb.jpg.c813a89ccbbd441bee06675a60a02db4.jpg

[ARGSY]
Members
21,561 posts
15,634 battles

Nothing was stopping them from releasing Slava before. It wasn't the guns themselves IIRC; it was the accuracy metrics they programmed in.

[-N-]
Members
2,227 posts
14,831 battles

Thought Slava was more like a Russian Monty 3x3 406s with long distance accuracy and soft armor on the sides.  A pure sniper...

[GGWP]
Members
116 posts
9,047 battles
6 minutes ago, GrimmeReaper said:

Thought Slava was more like a Russian Monty 3x3 406s with long distance accuracy and soft armor on the sides.  A pure sniper...

Yes thate what it was. It had a modified dispersion formula unique from all bbs where it would he the highest of all bbs at close range but the lowest at 20km+

Banned
627 posts
48 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Well with the flood gates open nothing stopping them now from releasing Slava, this new ship gives them freedom to do it.

WG_SPB_WoWs_Screenshots_Supertest_091_Yashima_1920x1080.thumb.jpg.c813a89ccbbd441bee06675a60a02db4.jpg

First up; it's Their not 'there'.

2nd of all; please explain how Yashima is OP in the first place. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[--V--]
Members
1,452 posts
13,765 battles

Big problems I see for this platform:

1. Only 6 guns.  Ok,,, not that big a deal.  Lots of ships manage.

2. 35 second reload.   Ouch.  Probably can get down to around 30 seconds,, but still painful.

3. 60 second turret traverse.  Ouch.  Don't want to get in close.  Not a brawler.

4. OVER PENETRATION - I get tons of Over Pens now on Battleships with 16" and 18" shells.   This is going to really drive people NUTS!!!

Will wait to see how she performs with other peoples money before I consider her.

[NUWES]
Members
3,240 posts
11,461 battles
2 hours ago, tm63au said:

Yashima is vastly different from Slava. As I recall Slava's problem was it was too accurate over range and could just snipe in the back. A 6-gun BB has almost no chance of having that problem. It looks like this ship lives or dies on its penetration, particularly of other BBs. Honestly it has more in common with Asashio where it really seems intended to go after a particular ship type. 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,288 posts

Didn't WG say at one point that 18" guns were the max they'd ever do?

Or was that someone's assertion that's been repeated so often that people mistake it for something WG said and then repeat it as such? 

[REVY]
Members
2,488 posts
13,379 battles
2 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

Or was that someone's assertion that's been repeated so often that people mistake it for something WG said and then repeat it as such? 

file that with "no subs in game' and 'we don't nerf premiums'

• Cool 1

[NUWES]
Members
3,240 posts
11,461 battles
15 minutes ago, Lord_Slayer said:

file that with "no subs in game' and 'we don't nerf premiums'

I was going to say much the same thing. Nothing is etched in stone. Truthfully the tech tree BBs have been power-crept across the board by bigger and bigger guns. It really isn't a shock that Yamato is taking the hit now. Hopefully Yashima will at least hit the BB bow-taking meta in the nose so to speak although CVs have been going a good job of stamping that out. Anyone know if it can penetrate Kremlin's bow? If it can't I'll be rather irritated and will question its point. 

Edited by Tzarevitch

[SYN]
Members
2,861 posts
10,456 battles

Guys, its a shittier Yamato with no over match advantage over Yamato but with far worse DPM and no real accuracy advantage. Its not even that big of a deal, if it comes out in this state, dont waste your resources on the thing. end of story.

[WOLF5]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
2,928 posts
46,769 battles
5 hours ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I believe that WG's quote was that guns larger than Yamato's would not be implemented.  I guess since the the ship is a Super Yamato, then they could fall back on it being a 'Yamato'.  LOL.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,288 posts
9 minutes ago, Patton5150 said:

I believe that WG's quote was that guns larger than Yamato's would not be implemented.  I guess since the the ship is a Super Yamato, then they could fall back on it being a 'Yamato'.  LOL.

So just like "no submarines", I guess.

When they say "we won't do X" about anything, is there any reason left to believe it?

[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
291 posts
7,285 battles
2 hours ago, Tzarevitch said:

Anyone know if it can penetrate Kremlin's bow? If it can't I'll be rather irritated and will question its point. 

No, this upgunned Yamato does not break any relevant overmatch barriers. In order to overmatch a Kremlin's waterline bow armor you would need a big honking ~840mm gun. Which hopefully we will never see anytime soon.
That being said this thing's AP damage is absurd. A single regular pen will get you over 6k damage. This thing will gladly chunk BBs from mid range. And 6 guns shouldn't be much of a problem with Yamato sigma. 

Also there is an answer to bow tanking BB meta its called switching to HE. Any BB can do it and very few actually make use of it.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,288 posts
6 minutes ago, Thanos_Snap_ said:

No, this upgunned Yamato does not break any relevant overmatch barriers. In order to overmatch a Kremlin's waterline bow armor you would need a big honking ~840mm gun. Which hopefully we will never see anytime soon.
That being said this thing's AP damage is absurd. A single regular pen will get you over 6k damage. This thing will gladly chunk BBs from mid range. And 6 guns shouldn't be much of a problem with Yamato sigma. 

Also there is an answer to bow tanking BB meta its called switching to HE. Any BB can do it and very few actually make use of it.

I do.   Large caliber HE is criminally underused on non-RN BBs when facing things like bow-on heavy-armor targets, DDs, certain light cruisers, etc.

I think many players are too obsessed with citadels, and sadly consider any hit that doesn't citadel a wasted shot.  See also, the freak-outs about the Smolensk.  Hitting BB HE on Smolensk will ruin its damn day. 

Edited by KilljoyCutter

[LSNB]
[LSNB]
Members
291 posts
7,285 battles
1 minute ago, KilljoyCutter said:

I do.   Large caliber HE is criminally underused on non-RN BBs. 

I think many players are too obsessed with citadels, and sadly consider any hit that doesn't citadel a wasted shot.  See also, the freak-outs about the Smolensk.  Hitting BB HE on Smolensk will ruin its damn day. 

Hear Hear! Finally someone who understands that ALL BBs have HE for a reason. AP is great against squishy stuff but if people are only showing their noses to you and refuse to budge, light a fire under their A$$ES, that'll get them to consider retreating or otherwise burning to death.

[POP]
Members
2,921 posts
23,636 battles
9 hours ago, Neko_Ship_Akashi said:

First up; it's Their not 'there'.

2nd of all; please explain how Yashima is OP in the first place. 

That's the point it does not have to be OP it just has to exist in game for a justification, this ship will be the catalyst.

Pandora's box will open and there will be no stopping all these paper super ships.  

[SIM]
Members
5,365 posts
8,845 battles

Yashina has absolutely nothing to do with Slava. Stop crying, Chicken Little. 

• Cool 1

[WORX]
Members
11,370 posts
19,183 battles

With WOWS being centered around BB since 2017,  I am  not surprised by the developements... 

Is anyone surprised with this ??? Not me... Power creep is real, nerfing will be hard to do.

Meanwhile, the new IJN DDs will be as weak as a smart car or an electric car VS muscle cars. 

Its these types of power disparities between ship classes. It adds/amplifies the problem of it doesn't fit with the match modes of the game anymore. 

Ships role in match no longer able or do-able because the threats are to strong to say cap. 

Well, IMO, further erosion of WOWS foundation of the paper/rock/scissors mentality of balance... Not good.

Banned
627 posts
1 hour ago, tm63au said:

Pandora's box will open and there will be no stopping all these paper super ships.  

I'm sorry the Navies of the world couldn't build enough ship classes for you. It dosen't matter, as long as it's not like the Smolensk it will be fine. Stop Chicken Littleing.