You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
S_DMC_5

Yashima? You thought about it and made it, right?

136 comments in this topic

[IDIOT]
Members
63 posts
33,954 battles

1578996316.thumb.jpg.6b40b949c6578a05c8d7d24451953b8d.jpg

Yashima is an alternative project of Yamato, armed with 6 510-mm guns and modernized AA defense. The battleship has shells with high damage and very good penetration, but not the best ballistics. As these shells need to pass through a thick armor to detonate, there will often be over-penetration when lightly armored target is hit. But enemy battleships are a perfect target for Yashima.

Hit points – 97200. Plating - 32 mm.

Main battery - 3x2 510 mm.
Firing range - 26.6 km. Dispersion at this range - 272 m.
Sigma – 2.10.
Maximum HE shell damage – 8100. Chance to cause fire – 40%. HE initial velocity - 720 m/s.
Maximum AP shell damage - 19400. AP initial velocity - 720 m/s.
Reload time - 35.0 s.
180 degree turn time - 60.0 s.

Shouldn't you guys think about the game balance first?

Why are you trying to break the game balance and create demand.

You may say that super-yamato has no effect, but it's wrong for you to keep making it a premium ships.

You guys keep doing this because you know how long it took to balance the aircraft carrier?

• Cool 3
  • Boring 6

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,206 posts
24,561 battles

Source for anyone that wants to see it.

https://medium.com/@devblogwows/st-new-ships-5703a5b245c

Should be interesting.  We'll see what the STs & CCs can do with it.

People had been proposing Super Yamato as far as I can remember, but everyone felt it had a snowball's chance of happening.  Well...

Image result for it's happening gif"

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

[POP]
Members
2,923 posts
23,676 battles
25 minutes ago, S_DMC_5 said:

1578996316.thumb.jpg.6b40b949c6578a05c8d7d24451953b8d.jpg

Yashima is an alternative project of Yamato, armed with 6 510-mm guns and modernized AA defense. The battleship has shells with high damage and very good penetration, but not the best ballistics. As these shells need to pass through a thick armor to detonate, there will often be over-penetration when lightly armored target is hit. But enemy battleships are a perfect target for Yashima.

Hit points – 97200. Plating - 32 mm.

Main battery - 3x2 510 mm.
Firing range - 26.6 km. Dispersion at this range - 272 m.
Sigma – 2.10.
Maximum HE shell damage – 8100. Chance to cause fire – 40%. HE initial velocity - 720 m/s.
Maximum AP shell damage - 19400. AP initial velocity - 720 m/s.
Reload time - 35.0 s.
180 degree turn time - 60.0 s.

You may say that super-yamato has no effect, but it's wrong for you to keep making it a premium ships.

You guys keep doing this because you know how long it took to balance the aircraft carrier?

So once again WG are pinching the name of a Historical Battleship for another paper ship, why am I not surprised.

Image result for yashima battleship

Edited by tm63au
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
28,206 posts
24,561 battles
1 minute ago, tm63au said:

So once again WG are pinching the name of a Historical Battleship for another paper ship, why am I not surprised.

Yeah, because everyone's going to fork out for a BB from the 1890s.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Cool 5

[KNMSU]
Members
7,086 posts
7,766 battles
17 minutes ago, Grapefruitcannon said:

I knew it wargaming would put this in the game..it was a matter of time..  A-150 design.

Same. See naysayers? It was always going to happen.

That reload time is hilarious. This seems like the ultimate meme ship. I suspect she will be decidedly less useful than Yamato.

Now what are the odds that it's a research bureau reward? My guess is very, very high.

Edited by Battlecruiser_Repulse

[POP]
Members
2,923 posts
23,676 battles
Just now, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I'm well aware of that Haze , but my is its paper and there using a historical ships name, they couldn't come up with anything original.

And yes many ships have gone by the same name but the vast majority were actually built, the ship got as far as the rice paper and the quilled pen.

I can just see this thing having a WOW of the time sitting back on the J line

cheers   

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles
4 minutes ago, tm63au said:

Navys have a tendency to reuse ship names. It's not a big deal. As far as the ship itself goes, I'm not seeing it being too amazing unless they give it really good accuracy. I don't think 51cm beats any meaningful thresholds over 46cm and both it's broadside and it's DPM look to be lower than Yamato. It doesn't appear to be a secondary focused ship either given the layout and lower range than ships like Georgia even if a Harugumo per side could otherwise give it potential.

Members
596 posts
10,832 battles
48 minutes ago, S_DMC_5 said:

Uh what...? It will overmatch 35mm wich means absolutely nothing as the next threshold is 38mm

If anything it seems underpowered because you give up a metric ton of reload and 33% of the shells to get slightly better alpha... They NEED to keep or even improve Yamato's reload in the same way Thunderer and Georgia are both more accurate and reload faster than the Tech Tree counterparts with more guns. I don't see them giving it better accuracy than Yamato so they positively need to give it better reload or it will be just a joke. 35 seconds is REALLY slow and the only ship with that insanely slow reload is Emperor Nikolai at Tier 4 that has 12 guns. 

As is stands is just a worse Yamato (maybe even worse Musashi) because it just shoots way less shells into the enemies without being more tanky, accurate or real any other real advantage. It has better AA for sure but IJN AA breaks with just looking at it so does it really matter? Also when was the last time your Minotaur or Worcester AA stopped a competent Haku bomb run? Yeah, this ain't gonna be better.

• Cool 1

Members
797 posts

Ship seems kinda pointless to me.  6x510mm guns alpha against 9x457mm kinda evens out, anything you would NEED to overmatch with 510mm you can do with 457.  And having so much pen you overpen lightly armored shps well thats Yamato and this ship both.   Secondaries are not an improvement over Yamatos.  So that leaves you sacing 3 guns and reload for some AA??  That seems like a bad trade.  If you want to lulz overmatch and delete BBs Yamato already punches that ticket.

Giving up 3 guns aka 3 shells per volley if you are broadsiding and its 3 chances to hit per volley and reload speed for a bit more alpha per shell?  No thanks.  Ohio/Thunderer gives a whole different feel from the tech tree counter parts, Yashima just looks like more of the same, and arguably worse will be funny to see Musashi curb stomping Yashima's.

Edited by JToney3449
  • Cool 1

[_RNG_]
Members
119 posts
6,276 battles
3 minutes ago, JToney3449 said:

Ship seems kinda pointless to me.  6x510mm guns alpha against 9x457mm kinda evens out, anything you would NEED to overmatch with 510mm you can do with 457.  And having so much pen you overpen lightly armored shps well thats Yamato and this ship both.   Secondaries are not an improvement over Yamatos.  So that leaves you sacing 3 guns and reload for some AA??  That seems like a bad trade.  If you want to lulz overmatch and delete BBs Yamato already punches that ticket.

Giving up 3 guns aka 3 shells per volley if you are broadsiding and its 3 chances to hit per volley and reload speed for a bit more alpha per shell?  No thanks.  Ohio/Thunderer gives a whole different feel from the tech tree counter parts, Yashima just looks like more of the same, and arguably worse.

The 510s dont even cross any threshold in overmatch either, dont forget. They can overmatch 35mm of armor, that's it, but yamato could already do 32. The next milestone is 50mm, but that will never be reached. All we can do is wait and see right now.

[SMEAC]
Members
360 posts
5,746 battles

My idea of a brawler BB Shinano (retaining 9, 46cm guns) was alot better. There's really no reason for anyone to ever go above 46cms in this game. 

• Cool 3

Beta Testers
694 posts
3,697 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Its more interesting than whatever this paper ship is

• Cool 2

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,703 posts
19,886 battles

OP, please explain how Yashima wil break game balance, since she'll overmatch virtually nothing Yamato and Musashi don't.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

Members
1,226 posts
5,930 battles

Especially considering she has both slower reload and weaker damage than those two.

[CYPHR]
Alpha Tester, Members, Beta Testers
3,665 posts
19,083 battles

alternate design, um wg super yamato was japan improving the yamato design, for anyone wondering  thats A-150  or as know in battlestations pacific as "Asashi"

[ARGSY]
Members
21,655 posts
15,689 battles
32 minutes ago, Lert said:

OP, please explain how Yashima wil break game balance, since she'll overmatch virtually nothing Yamato and Musashi don't.

I don't blame OP for wondering about the overmatch possibilities. Not everyone leaps for their calculator at the first opportunity.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[RSF]
Members
159 posts
11,665 battles
2 hours ago, S_DMC_5 said:

When did Cv become balanced?

• Cool 2

[WOLFG]
Members
30,708 posts
9,292 battles
2 hours ago, tm63au said:

I'm well aware of that Haze , but my is its paper and there using a historical ships name, they couldn't come up with anything original.

Yup, you could literally look at the board from the old Milton Bradley game Shogun, pick any territory on the board, and that would be an accurate "fake" name.

Of course, Googling Japanes provinces works too lol.

Edited by Skpstr

[TOG]
Members
4,213 posts
25,120 battles
3 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

So with Yashima announced, I guess H-44 is next?

Tillmans for the win.

• Boring 1

[NYAAR]
Members
142 posts
2,288 battles

For some reason I don't like the name that much. I'm kinda fine with the rest, but we'll have to wait and see where this ship will end up (not the research bureau please).

1 hour ago, XurMP said:

Uh what...? It will overmatch 35mm wich means absolutely nothing as the next threshold is 38mm

If anything it seems underpowered because you give up a metric ton of reload and 33% of the shells to get slightly better alpha... They NEED to keep or even improve Yamato's reload in the same way Thunderer and Georgia are both more accurate and reload faster than the Tech Tree counterparts with more guns. I don't see them giving it better accuracy than Yamato so they positively need to give it better reload or it will be just a joke. 35 seconds is REALLY slow and the only ship with that insanely slow reload is Emperor Nikolai at Tier 4 that has 12 guns. 

As is stands is just a worse Yamato (maybe even worse Musashi) because it just shoots way less shells into the enemies without being more tanky, accurate or real any other real advantage. It has better AA for sure but IJN AA breaks with just looking at it so does it really matter? Also when was the last time your Minotaur or Worcester AA stopped a competent Haku bomb run? Yeah, this ain't gonna be better.

It does indeed seem a bit ehh for a tier 10 ship. Perhaps WG should downtier it! :fish_cute_2:

Beta Testers
956 posts
3,987 battles
2 hours ago, Battlecruiser_Repulse said:

Same. See naysayers? It was always going to happen.

That reload time is hilarious. This seems like the ultimate meme ship. I suspect she will be decidedly less useful than Yamato.

Now what are the odds that it's a research bureau reward? My guess is very, very high.

Much less useful. Almost 300m dispersion with six guns, four forward, slow shells and a 35s reload with a tendency to overpen? 

Only memes.