You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
DuckyShot

Hall of fame post Puerto rico

33 comments in this topic

[GGWP]
Members
7,143 posts
16,416 battles

Are the 84 players in the hall of fame actually 1% of the player base (meaning only 8400 people play this game anymore) or are there only 84 disabled/sick players that play the game. 

I'm confused WG. 

• Cool 3
  • Funny 10
  • Boring 4

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,446 posts
4,200 battles

I think it's more like .1% of the players.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,276 posts
21,700 battles

Wow what a pointed shot across the bow....

[GGWP]
Members
7,143 posts
16,416 battles
2 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Both of those scenarios are not from my imagination, they both originated from WG, sub Octavian for the first and their CEO for the second. 

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
6,276 posts
21,700 battles
20 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Both of those scenarios are not from my imagination, they both originated from WG, sub Octavian for the first and their CEO for the second. 

I know.

It's almost like you went "DUCK" hunting and hit them with both barrels of [edited]...

the 1% were likely the 10% that just forked over money and said I have a life too....

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
6,276 posts
21,700 battles
21 minutes ago, Rabbitt81 said:

I'm disabled and stopped at directive 2 because I didn't wanna go :cap_fainting:

I work 36 to 40 hours a week.

Play 3 hours on work days and 12 hours on my off days...

I got to 4th directive with 2 completed....

Members
2,767 posts
93 battles
41 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Are the 84 players in the hall of fame actually 1% of the player base (meaning only 8400 people play this game anymore) or are there only 84 disabled/sick players that play the game. 

I'm confused WG. 

Less than 1%. Which is exactly inside the dev's goals for the PR grind. They'll announce that the PR grind is a "Great Success" because they achieved their goal.

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
15,918 battles
6 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

I work 36 to 40 hours a week.

Play 3 hours on work days and 12 hours on my off days...

I got to 4th directive with 2 completed....

... this event was for the disabled and mentally ill thank you very much. 

I can't sit for that long of a time so there was absolutely no way I could have completed the event, therefore, I didn't try. 

• Boring 1

[W-P-E]
Members
321 posts
23,638 battles

Maximum number of accounts in hall of fame is around 6/23/2019, with 41070.  I think at that time, just play a game will be on the list.

[-KAK-]
Members
607 posts
11,804 battles
11 minutes ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

Less than 1%. Which is exactly inside the dev's goals for the PR grind. They'll announce that the PR grind is a "Great Success" because they achieved their goal.

What a world we live in! Pay someone to produce content which is purposely designed to be used and completed by the minority of the minority. 

If you were hosting a party, and only 84 of your 20-30k (Just spitballing here, I expect the number of NA players to be higher) friends showed up.... Did you really have a great success? :cap_hmm:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,211 posts
14,759 battles

I am going to hazard a guess that the vast majority that ground for it immediately logged out of the game for a well deserved break and that those 84 were gluttons for punishment. 

[RDS-A]
Members
80 posts
37,891 battles
1 hour ago, Ducky_shot said:

I'm confused WG. 

My feeling are hurt! 

[GWG]
Members
7,226 posts
14,041 battles
9 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

I am going to hazard a guess that the vast majority that ground for it immediately logged out of the game for a well deserved break and that those 84 were gluttons for punishment. 

The other possibility was the use of advanced botting software.

You know, some folks are pretty good programmers.  And if you can make the server think it's talking to a game system, when it's just a cold machine with no appreciation of glare or fatigue...

Guess they let it run 84 games too long.

The other possibility is that were TEAMs of players, taking turns.

But if it actually was a single person accomplishing that...  I throw my pillow to them -- they need it.

Members
25 posts
2,413 battles

Those 84 probably are sick and disabled NOW, as to their physical state before this absurd scam event, they were probably fine :)

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,211 posts
14,759 battles
2 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

The other possibility was the use of advanced botting software.

You know, some folks are pretty good programmers.  And if you can make the server think it's talking to a game system, when it's just a cold machine with no appreciation of glare or fatigue...

Guess they let it run 84 games too long.

The other possibility is that were TEAMs of players, taking turns.

But if it actually was a single person accomplishing that...  I throw my pillow to them -- they need it.

Some people are just that good. When I checked the stats when there were only two the one that didn't have their stats blocked was doing twenty some matches a day with unicum stats which no bot can do or tag team is likely to do. Twenty plus matches with unicum stats while a bit extreme is only five to six hours a day which someone like BEARSS (name & fame) from WoWP GWG  could easily do for an event if he decided to come to the dark side and float boats. The extreme requirements of the directives for this likely stopped any botters from making it into the HoF this time.

• Cool 1

[KSF]
Members
2 posts
22,693 battles

The free Puerto Rico grind was hard, but not impossible.  I had to pre-plan which ships I was going to take into co-op or randoms for each directive.  Learned a few tricks on taking advantage of the bots behavior in co-op to complete the missions faster.

Wargaming gave a hint since the last few snowflake seasons that you had to have as many tech tree lines to tier 10 and it helps with your options on completing the missions.

My theory is that the next PR grind will be about 33% more difficult which would put it on par with the time professional gamers would have to play per day as a job, but that would be insane, I'll admit.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,810 posts
17,008 battles
43 minutes ago, Aporthos said:

My theory is that the next PR grind will be about 33% more difficult which would put it on par with the time professional gamers would have to play per day as a job, but that would be insane, I'll admit

Or some peeps will just do this 

iu (40).gif

[KMS]
Members
19 posts
22,950 battles

I'm curious on how many people bought the special boosters to complete the task. That coupled with 99% of the people who actually bought the ship. Man Putin is rolling in American Money right now and smoking a cigar bare chested on his horse thanks to a few Americans.

[PIMPS]
Members
1,783 posts
3 hours ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Not a bow shot it was a full citadel- well done gotta admit.

Maybe a Dev- strike too.

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
6,276 posts
21,700 battles
35 minutes ago, Chain_shot said:

Not a bow shot it was a full citadel- well done gotta admit.

Maybe a Dev- strike too.

Definitely a dev strike. 

[POP]
Members
2,928 posts
23,726 battles
4 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

I'm confused WG. 

Dam 2 DEV strikes and a DOUBLE strike, nice shooting,  that's got to be rare these days :Smile_great:

[4HIM]
Members
3,238 posts
13,922 battles
8 hours ago, Ducky_shot said:

I'm confused WG. 

7 hours ago, RyuuohD_NA said:

They'll call it a success due to the number of people who took the following option.

4 hours ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Or some peeps will just do this 

iu (40).gif

I saw many of them in game long before the event ended.  So I'm gonna guess they had plenty who simply whaled the thing.