Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
HellHammer9182

HE Spam

27 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
75 posts
459 battles

Is it just me or is the HE spam real? The biggest issue is no word of a lie every time I get hit by a volley of HE I get set on fire, I'd say 8 out of 10 volleys do that, yes you can heal fire damage, but when you're being gang banged by some  DD's and CV's and keep getting hit with more and more fires starting you end up losing most of your health and have to go hide in a corner some where to heal, which takes time, which means your not helping your team. The point I'm trying to make is that the fire chances for HE need to get nerfed severely.

  • Boring 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,273
[WORX]
Members
11,417 posts
19,183 battles
  • AP spam
  • Fire Spam
  • Plane spam

All mentioned is an issue.. So what does WG do??? Nerf torps by adding their detection...

BBs have to sink some how, as you can see where the problem areas lay...

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
75 posts
459 battles
4 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:
  • AP spam
  • Fire Spam
  • Plane spam

All mentioned is an issue.. So what does WG do??? Nerf torps by adding their detection...

BBs have to sink some how, as you can see where the problem areas lay...

I get that, but for me the biggest issue currently is constantly being on fire, died that way 6 matches in a row, that's why I actually posted in the forums about it, I shouldn't get set on fire 80% of the time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,798 posts
13,766 battles
1 minute ago, HellHammer9182 said:

I get that, but for me the biggest issue currently is constantly being on fire, died that way 6 matches in a row, that's why I actually posted in the forums about it, I shouldn't get set on fire 80% of the time.

You might be overextending to the point you cant disengage.

  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
75 posts
459 battles
2 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

You might be overextending to the point you cant disengage.

I try not too, but being put with random team mates usually means I have team mates run away leaving me to get slapped on by 4 or more ships. I try to stay behind my DD's and Cruisers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
52 posts
7,887 battles

To be fair I'm not a fan of it either, but...

Maybe they could nerf it to the point they did flooding.

They have minimal impact and now no one even cares if a flood happens. Slow down for a few seconds and then carry-on.

So we could nerf fires, too, and no one will care about those either.

Then there will be fewer ways the smaller ships can defeat the capitals.

  • Confused 2
  • Boring 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,798 posts
13,766 battles
1 minute ago, HellHammer9182 said:

I try not too, but being put with random team mates usually means I have team mates run away leaving me to get slapped on by 4 or more ships. I try to stay behind my DD's and Cruisers.

Just need to kill those HE spammers first. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
75 posts
459 battles
Just now, Rollingonit said:

Just need to kill those HE spammers first. 

I do try too, but again it's hard when there are multiple and especially when they hide in smoke and shoot out of it, which in my opinion is a totally [edited] mechanic.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,798 posts
13,766 battles
Just now, HellHammer9182 said:

I do try too, but again it's hard when there are multiple and especially when they hide in smoke and shoot out of it, which in my opinion is a totally [edited] mechanic.

Flamu is a community contributor, he did a recent youtube vid on blind firing in smoke and ships that go dark. Take a look at it. But it mostly just comes with experience. 

Youll eventually learn the ranges at which these ships can fire, and can play around those firing ranges along with playing with your detection range. Takes practice, gotta learn from your mistakes.

At tier 10 though, you'll really encounter large amounts of these ships, so hone your skills while you can.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
75 posts
459 battles
44 minutes ago, Rollingonit said:

Flamu is a community contributor, he did a recent youtube vid on blind firing in smoke and ships that go dark. Take a look at it. But it mostly just comes with experience. 

Youll eventually learn the ranges at which these ships can fire, and can play around those firing ranges along with playing with your detection range. Takes practice, gotta learn from your mistakes.

At tier 10 though, you'll really encounter large amounts of these ships, so hone your skills while you can.

I'll look it up, problem right now is the ships I'm playing do better at close to medium range, so I'm forced to get in close, I don't want to but kinda have to be effective. even still I will always push to have the HE nerfed a bit on starting fires, 80% fire starting rate is some [edited] if you ask me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
3,798 posts
13,766 battles
5 minutes ago, HellHammer9182 said:

I'll look it up, problem right now is the ships I'm playing do better at close to medium range, so I'm forced to get in close, I don't want to but kinda have to be effective. even still I will always push to have the HE nerfed a bit on starting fires, 80% fire starting rate is some [edited] if you ask me.

Yah, I saw you are playing mid tier KM BBs. They sometimes have wonky dispersion.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[T-CF]
Members
551 posts
3,117 battles
1 hour ago, Hotorgolf said:

To be fair I'm not a fan of it either, but...

Maybe they could nerf it to the point they did flooding.

They have minimal impact and now no one even cares if a flood happens. Slow down for a few seconds and then carry-on.

So we could nerf fires, too, and no one will care about those either.

Then there will be fewer ways the smaller ships can defeat the capitals.

Or he can play smarter and develop some patience. Some of these excessive fire damage is from impatience from the player and can’t be accounted for in the game.

 

8 minutes ago, HellHammer9182 said:

I'll look it up, problem right now is the ships I'm playing do better at close to medium range, so I'm forced to get in close, I don't want to but kinda have to be effective. even still I will always push to have the HE nerfed a bit on starting fires, 80% fire starting rate is some [edited] if you ask me.

Which ships are you playing? If it’s KM BBs you’re going have to rebuild to have some versatility otherwise you’re just there to sail about until it’s time to brawl. Secondary builds aren’t viable. They’re fun to play but most of the time you’ll end being frustrated at how slow the entire match develops to allow for it. You’re better off being partially cheeky and partially manly so you can maintain usefulness across the board.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
75 posts
459 battles
6 minutes ago, LiaoXanLan said:

Or he can play smarter and develop some patience. Some of these excessive fire damage is from impatience from the player and can’t be accounted for in the game.

 

Which ships are you playing? If it’s KM BBs you’re going have to rebuild to have some versatility otherwise you’re just there to sail about until it’s time to brawl. Secondary builds aren’t viable. They’re fun to play but most of the time you’ll end being frustrated at how slow the entire match develops to allow for it. You’re better off being partially cheeky and partially manly so you can maintain usefulness across the board.

I do try to play smart and I don't just rush in all the time, I wait around a lot till I can ambush someone. Furthermore If secondary builds aren't viable then why does everybody recommend them for German BB's? Also if they aren't viable then German BB's aren't viable, cause apparently even with the dispersion buff they are still inaccurate past 10km, so you have to get in close anyways so why no make your secondaries help you out seeing as German BB's have the best secondaries in the game according to everything I've read and watched.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,015
[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
10,237 battles
34 minutes ago, nerfinvisibileships said:

german battleships aren't viable

Neither are BBs like the Krem, which does pitiful damage beyond 12 -15 km, and has a max range of 20.

I watched a Krem get burned down by three cruisers yesterday. It simply could not defend itself. They stayed at range, and dodged, and it was unable to hurt them. Meanwhile, they burned it to the waterline very quickly.

It wasn't the fact that 3 cruisers ought not be able to kill a BB. It was rather, the Krem was absolutely impotent. It was useless, it was out ranged by the fire spammers of a lower class of ships at the same tier.

I think that, in the end, a high tier BB needs to be able to hurt cruisers beyond their max range. Otherwise, the cruisers can kite to this range, and spam HE with relative impunity.

Imagine DDs that could hit cruisers of the same tier, at the cruisers max range. That is a DD with 18km range, and very high accuracy. How would cruisers go against that?

DDs are forced into the dangerous range of cruisers, which is the natural order of things. Nerfing the effective range of BBs makes them non viable, as you suggest.

Edited by SidTheBlade

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,665
[PVE]
Members
4,659 posts
20,581 battles
2 hours ago, Navalpride33 said:
  • AP spam
  • Fire Spam
  • Plane spam

All mentioned is an issue.. So what does WG do??? Nerf torps by adding their detection...

BBs have to sink some how, as you can see where the problem areas lay...

Radar spam.

Torpedo spam with un limited reloads.

High ROF Spam.

And the list goes on for an arcade shooter...........where these bullet points are what are important in an arcade shooter.........more SPAM !  Missile spam next !!!

 

  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
130
[T-CF]
Members
551 posts
3,117 battles
57 minutes ago, HellHammer9182 said:

I do try to play smart and I don't just rush in all the time, I wait around a lot till I can ambush someone. Furthermore If secondary builds aren't viable then why does everybody recommend them for German BB's? Also if they aren't viable then German BB's aren't viable, cause apparently even with the dispersion buff they are still inaccurate past 10km, so you have to get in close anyways so why no make your secondaries help you out seeing as German BB's have the best secondaries in the game according to everything I've read and watched.

They do have the best secondaries. The problem is they don’t fit the current meta so you have to build a hybrid build for maximum efficiency. You won’t really be able to use your secondaries unless someone decides to brawl against you and that is normally a big not happening. Secondaries are situational and if specced into can be helpful for those specific situations but most of the time you just don’t get to use them because of power creep.

 

24 minutes ago, SidTheBlade said:

Neither are BBs like the Krem, which does pitiful damage beyond 12 -15 km, and has a max range of 20.

I watched a Krem get burned down by three cruisers yesterday. It simply could not defend itself. They stayed at range, and dodged, and it was unable to hurt them. Meanwhile, they burned it to the waterline very quickly.

It wasn't the fact that 3 cruisers ought not be able to kill a BB. It was rather, the Krem was absolutely impotent. It was useless, it was out ranged by the fire spammers of a lower class of ships at the same tier.

That Kremlin got focused to death which pretty much means she was out of position. That’s the bottom line. Kremlin is still one of the most op ships that has been constantly acknowledged by well everyone. It doesn’t mean it’s idiot proof.

 

26 minutes ago, SidTheBlade said:

 

I think that, in the end, a high tier BB needs to be able to hurt cruisers beyond their max range. Otherwise, the cruisers can kite to this range, and spam HE with relative impunity.

They already have the capacity to do that. Even a well played cruiser can get spanked and deleted if caught off guard and believe me it has happened before.

 

28 minutes ago, SidTheBlade said:

 

Imagine DDs that could hit cruisers of the same tier, at the cruisers max range. That is a DD with 18km range, and very high accuracy. How would cruisers go against that?

DDs are forced into the dangerous range of cruisers, which is the natural order of things. Nerfing the effective range of BBs makes them non viable, as you suggest.

DDs can also do things at ridiculous ranges for its size especially with AFT. What point are you trying to prove? They’re not forced into any dangerous situations unless something has gone pear shaped and not in a good way. See Shimakaze and Gearing as examples that can stealth torp outside of radar ranges and if you’re any good all the other torpedo DDs with 10km+ torpedo ranges. Even most DDs are capable of launching Hail Mary torpedoes (dropping torpedoes above the max range) and still somehow connect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,465
[KIA-C]
Members
3,552 posts
15,600 battles

I'm fine with fire chance nerfing...If we're also going to:

-nerf citadel damage or make cruiser citadel harder to hit

-allow cruiser to bounce BB shell when properly angled

 

 

HE cannot send a capital ship in port in a single salvo (outside of few exception like Conqueror's HE vs Minotaur) but AP can. It takes minutes to burn down a BB who isn't being idiot and wasting his heal or damage con, but it only takes 1AP salvo from a BB to send to port a cruiser.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,499
[PIMPS]
Members
1,754 posts

Wait what is this HE spam you are talking about?

Is it something that they spray on you like an ejaculate comrade?

Can only be degenerate capitalist players that must be the culprits, no moral fiber at all.

 

is this what the HE spammer players look like?

i_came.jpg

 

Edited by Chain_shot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33
[TRC]
Members
84 posts

Well, if WG just put big enough islands for EVERY ship to have its own, per map, we could all hide behind them like American Cruisers and just lob shots at each other....  Or, maybe the CV planes could just repair/respawn while flying BACK to the CV so they have no down time to shoot laser guided rockets and such....  Yeah, that would be great......

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×