You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tru7h

free premium ships

13 comments in this topic

[G-OTS]
Beta Testers
17 posts
2,462 battles

i was a beta tester. so naturally i got the Arkansas Beta. free.. but over the last couple of years.. ive noticed i randomly got free premium ships. and i honestly haven't  played much 107 battles in random and 348 in co-op. very very low numbers yes. im normally a tanker.. anyways.. the ships i acquired over the years are as follows (not including christmas box ships)

albany
arizona
w.virgina 1941
giulio cesare
roma

i honeslty have no idea how i acquired these ships . some may say "missions" but looking at the number of game ive played (half of which ive played in the past 3 months since i swapped to wows... dunno when or what "mission grind" i was able to complete in that time. note, that all of these ships have been on my account for at least a year now. 

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,048 posts

Sometimes WG gives gifts to players who haven't played in a long time, as an incentive to come back to the game.

I bet if you go through your email that is tied to your account, you will find emails from WG saying "hey, we gave you a thing, come play".

[A-D-F]
8,048 posts
Just now, Tru7h said:

guess i should go mia for a bit again :)

Yeah, I have never had it happen because I play a lot and often, but I know it's a thing they do.

[ABCD3]
Members
511 posts
13,324 battles

Albany, there was an event.  That's how I got mine a while back.  

W.Virgina 1941, from a crate, not sure which one.

Giulio Cesare got from WoWS from an email promo code a couple of years back.  

[CVA16]
Members
5,681 posts
17,537 battles
10 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

Sometimes WG gives gifts to players who haven't played in a long time, as an incentive to come back to the game.

Sometimes wonder what my old WOT account looks like now after years of neglect. Had about 500 gold at the time. Curiosity may eventually drive me to re-install the game and see.

[RCNW3]
Members
1,943 posts
20,085 battles
11 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I wish WG gave people who actually play the game free ships like they do those that leave the game.

Think there are plenty of free premium ships given out during the course of play, with little earning involved, though these tend to be tier 6 and below.  This does not include coal, free exp or regrind ships.  

• Cool 1

[MEOW]
[MEOW]
Members
235 posts
3,977 battles

Albany: limited time code entry 2015 or 2016

Giulio Cesare: returning player bonus 2017. It's how I got mine:fish_happy:

That's all I know..

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,913 posts
11,672 battles
2 hours ago, Tru7h said:

i was a beta tester. so naturally i got the Arkansas Beta. free.. but over the last couple of years.. ive noticed i randomly got free premium ships. and i honestly haven't  played much 107 battles in random and 348 in co-op. very very low numbers yes. im normally a tanker.. anyways.. the ships i acquired over the years are as follows (not including christmas box ships)

albany
arizona
w.virgina 1941
giulio cesare
roma

i honeslty have no idea how i acquired these ships . some may say "missions" but looking at the number of game ive played (half of which ive played in the past 3 months since i swapped to wows... dunno when or what "mission grind" i was able to complete in that time. note, that all of these ships have been on my account for at least a year now. 

Hey "Don't look a gift horse in the mouth " those are some good ships just enjoy them .

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
6,277 posts
21,700 battles
2 hours ago, Tru7h said:

albany
arizona
w.virgina 1941
giulio cesare
roma

Albany was a freebie handed out to everyone one year.

Rest are due to inactivity/return bonuses 

[O_O]
Members
6,772 posts
16,218 battles
4 minutes ago, dEsTurbed1 said:

Albany was a freebie handed out to everyone one year.

Yeah, I think it was a WoWS 1st anniversary gift.

Members
1,374 posts

Ditto on dEsturbed1

I basically like to collect and KEEP the free premiums.   Rather surprised just how many free ones I have.   Your numbers sound about right for an inactive player.  For an active player who pursues free ships maybe 10 per year.  Promotions, Events etc have surprised me numerous times.  This forum, Reddit and WG News.  Throw in the one credit ships and I find myself constantly surprised. 

I do not play CV's yet there are seven in my port.  One I know came with other bought ships/ crates.  The others I just have no clue how they got there. If we could give ships away I would be the most popular guy in the game.