You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IndygoEEI

How far I got on PR...

21 comments in this topic

[XCOM]
Beta Testers
131 posts
245 battles

by doing nothing...

0UUUAJZ.jpg

Note:  Some games (handful) were played this holiday, but in total nothing was done to attain PR other then the free boost.  I'm just

shy of 3k coal.

[WOLF2]
Members
1,653 posts
11,694 battles

The saddest thing about this picture is the camera's vantage point.  That's about as close as it got.    Really cool animations, but no free-flying camera.   I wanted to look down into those turret holes, zoom around the ship and peek at the infrastructure.

Maybe some day...

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,184 posts
14,754 battles

I got a bit farther but no where near close to finished but I did accomplish my personal objective of getting the Gorizia.

jibbF89.jpg

Edited by BrushWolf
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,096 posts
17,188 battles

Beta tester with 219 battles? Errrr… Welcome back? ….. Grats?....

[AFW-]
[AFW-]
Members
296 posts
14,609 battles

a little bit further then BrushWolf, just played when i could.

shot-20.01.13_18.16.26-0361.jpg

[XCOM]
Beta Testers
131 posts
245 battles
7 minutes ago, paradat said:

Beta tester with 219 battles? Errrr… Welcome back? ….. Grats?....

I just thought it was something of interesting to keep on the records and why I posted, but

if you insist on battles...

Look tanks is my main thing.  I don't expect to abandon it soon unless the changes I

suspect are coming are as bad as I think.  I couldn't get into this game when it launched

although now when I play it is enticing.  I do expect to come over when a certain

something happens.  You can probably guess what it will be by my avatar...

• Boring 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
12,096 posts
17,188 battles
15 minutes ago, IndygoEEI said:

I just thought it was something of interesting to keep on the records and why I posted, but

if you insist on battles...

Look tanks is my main thing.  I don't expect to abandon it soon unless the changes I

suspect are coming are as bad as I think.  I couldn't get into this game when it launched

although now when I play it is enticing.  I do expect to come over when a certain

something happens.  You can probably guess what it will be by my avatar...

Ah OK that makes sense. Tanks was my main thing until WOWS. Whish I had time to play both.

[ABCD3]
Members
511 posts
13,302 battles

26 out of 36.   I was at the beginning of level 5.   If we had one week more, maybe it would have been finished or maybe not.  

Glad this is over and move on.

[-AF-]
Beta Testers
711 posts
9,315 battles

20 of 36 for me.   I've been splitting time between WoWs and WoT and didn't want to sacrifice one to get the maximum of the other.  It's okay, I like the goodies that fell from the stage and I'm certainly not complaining about the recent monthly missions that have dropped port slots

Puerto.JPG

[WOLFO]
Members
560 posts
4,921 battles

omg, i would be raging if I had missed that coal. Especially if only by 30k.

I spent about 40 hours over Fri, and Sat to avoid just that fate. It was so brutal. But, I got it, and from the containers I got a T8 EU ship (Hadia?), thanks WG. But, when I saw I might fall just short, I doubled down. 100 DB for the ship-building containers, to finish the collection, seems a bit pricey. I hate leaving things un-completed. It will likely cost 10 bucks just to get duplicates, to buy out the remaining pieces. With no other way to finish it. That's one of my big gripes.

20200113172415_1.jpg

Edited by iamSamoth

[HELLS]
Members
2,730 posts
28,912 battles

26 of 36. The ship was not worth the extra expense of 25,000 doubloons IMHO.  The loot I eventually got allowed me to get Wichita (with a coupon), Gorizia (of course), and two 8-megacrate buys which netted me West Virginia 1941, Molotov, Marblehead Lima and Krasny Krim.  A WG 30% off 4th anniversary coupon allowed me to complete my Premium Pizza Collection with Roma. The steel I netted got me Black. The coal I netted got me Salem, and the flags I netted allowed me to finish both the IJN gunboat DD line reset for research points and the Yamato special upgrade mission. 

Getting Gorizia unlocked the missions that allowed me to get credits for four ships I already have in my port, plus the port slots and the three-point beginners that I don't really need. Despite having reset my RN BB line for the double bonus in research points and paying to buy them back as I grind back up to Conqueror, I have more credits now than I did when it all started, and am level with FXP at over a million and counting.

My Yamato captain got his 19th point, to become my 15h 19-pointer. and I also got three other captains up to 10 points and have enough EXP to get a fourth if I need it. For all of this I played exactly 4 games in Randoms, the rest was done in Co-op. I finished 3 stages and was missing two to finish stage 4, plus there were 8 days in the holiday stretch where I played outdoors with the grandkids instead of indoors on a chair. It was not all negative...

[RKLES]
[RKLES]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,268 posts
21,684 battles

2 stages in 4th directive.

Building stage 25.

67 tokens short of the 300 booster.

No gold boosters used.

Says 25k to complete....

I'm this >< close to pulling the trugger.

[GNOME]
Members
4 posts
2,614 battles

Over the months of December and January, I managed 95 battles. I was doing about 60k damage, so I'm not a poor player. I only completed stage 20 today, the day it ended. Buuuuut I can pay 35000 doubloons to get it. No thanks, a mediocre cruiser is not worth $177.

[WOLFG]
Members
632 posts
13,877 battles

Was able to get to phase 31/36 without any doubloon boosters.  Then I spent the doubloons to get the Puerto Rico.  I say $60 for a tier X special ship is worth it, especially when the tier 9 free XP ships are going for close to $80 in the premium shop. Plus there was the goodies like the 10k coal and 2k steel that sweetened the deal when I bought it. Definitely wouldn't have had spent $100 for it though when I was at 25k Doubloons still.

8 minutes ago, the_rocketrod said:

No thanks, a mediocre cruiser is not worth $177.

Definitely not worth $177, and definitely not a mediocre cruiser.  Takes a beating and can give one too.

[RTXN3]
Members
30 posts
8,458 battles

image.thumb.png.8c2da08e9d0786c1d520d7b00927a07a.png

I bought doubloons and spent about $50 bucks at the start.  Fell just short of the price reduction.  I thought I got Shipbuilding tokens, but never actually saw or used them.  Finally got enough oil for a build upgrade.  Was counting on oil upgrades but even the first one of those was late in the build.  Next one was 300.  Got to 218. but that took the whole rest of the time.  Grinded and played like crazy.  I see you guy's got ships and all kinds of cool stuff.  I got some Camo and a few other things.  Nothing cool like that.  No massive upgrades.  I could have purchased one more build but, I was halfway in and realized even with that I wasn't going to make it.  Paying another, $50 bucks, not going to do it.  Just short of the price reduction mark.  See someone got to that and it's 15K.  $62 for a total of $112 kinda pricy after all that work. Really thought this was the coolest thing they have come up with yet.  Pretty disenchanted.  

Some of my doubloon math may be wrong.  But it was pretty expensive, and pretty cash wasteful.  Read an official reply, Hey you get to keep the stuff you got along the way.  For $50 bucks you would think I would remember it.  If I wanted more stuff, I would have bought more stuff.  

[5D4]
[5D4]
Members
512 posts
15,408 battles
7 hours ago, Apewar said:

a little bit further then BrushWolf, just played when i could.

shot-20.01.13_18.16.26-0361.jpg

that's where I got, a 100 dollars is reasonable  for me, it is Missouri price

[USA-N]
Members
785 posts
10,264 battles
9 hours ago, m373x said:

imagine not having puerto rico

That's it.

I was eventually offered the thing for 15k, despite only needing 12K of boosters to get it. But of course, I wasn't permitted to use those 12k of boosters at that stage, because....... because......

Because the rules changed, didn't they?

You can use boosters, then you can't. The event is still going, except it isn't, so pay more.

So I looked at the 15k price, and I thought "15K for a tier X is a reasonable price".

Then I thought "25k for a tier X is insane and completely unreasonable."

Then I thought "Who are these people, I am dealing with? What are they like?"

Then I imagined not having the Puta. It was real easy to do.

Now I am imagining not ever paying WG another dime. I am imagining playing for free until life takes me to other things, to "kill time".

That is also very easy to do. It takes hardly any imagination, or self respect, at all.