You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Frigate007

NA server numbers?

27 comments in this topic

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,502 battles

Any way to tell how many are online playing at each tier?  In Random and co op? Seeing some extremely low numbers in queue in both lately, and getting weird MM. When I see 16k people on, yet only 3 of 9 in my area, would be nice to know where everyone is to join them. What is the most played game mode and tier? Anyone know?

[WORX]
Members
11,451 posts
19,196 battles

In queue (not reliable though)... It will tell you how many players are in queue for your ship tier...

Other then that there is no way of knowing for individual game tiers or game modes outright.

Edited by Navalpride33

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,263 posts
17,123 battles

You can see the current online server population by going to the menu (hitting esc) in the port. It will be shown in the top left corner area.

In terms of how many players are actively in queue for the different modes, this information is not available in the client or publicly.

Fem, 

• Cool 3

[WOLFG]
Members
10,673 posts
9,900 battles
15 minutes ago, Capt_Ahab1776 said:

Have had better luck getting in pick up random games in T7 and up lately.

I don't know about today, but I think all the xp based missions were leading to higher tier play (and payouts).

• Cool 1

[TWFT]
Members
1,408 posts
38,644 battles
2 hours ago, Femennenly said:

You can see the current online server population by going to the menu (hitting esc) in the port. It will be shown in the top left corner area.

In terms of how many players are actively in queue for the different modes, this information is not available in the client or publicly.

Fem, 

It used to be on the port page and you could easily see it.  Why did you all hide it?

• Cool 1

[-KA-]
Members
173 posts
22,219 battles
21 minutes ago, Turbotush said:

It used to be on the port page and you could easily see it.  Why did you all hide it?

CV Reeeeeeeeework --that no one wanted, but was crammed down our throats so that little turds living in their mom's basements could play on their wittle Playstations.

• Cool 1
  • Confused 4
  • Boring 4

[PVE]
Members
1,696 posts
15,882 battles
9 minutes ago, Jaegerpuppy8 said:

CV Reeeeeeeeework --that no one wanted, but was crammed down our throats so that little turds living in their mom's basements could play on their wittle Playstations.

And then, after all that, WG decided not to put CVs in WOWS legends. Guess they finally learned that CVs are bad for this type of game. :cap_hmm:

Edited by Rabbitt81
  • Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
20,054 posts
12,747 battles
3 hours ago, Frigate007 said:

Any way to tell how many are online playing at each tier?  In Random and co op? Seeing some extremely low numbers in queue in both lately, and getting weird MM. When I see 16k people on, yet only 3 of 9 in my area, would be nice to know where everyone is to join them. What is the most played game mode and tier? Anyone know?

Nope. WG surely knows, but all we see if the amount of people logged into the game server. That could be from being in queue to play a game at a particular tier or just admiring ships in the port.

[PVE]
Members
6,940 posts
22,691 battles
5 hours ago, Jaegerpuppy8 said:

Had nothing to do w/the rework...when they reorganized the UI (made it where you can minimize the commander screen & made the missions screen more compact) to make it easier to see more of the ships in port they moved that to put the port changing option on the top bar instead of an icon in the UI.

[TARK]
Members
640 posts
6 hours ago, Turbotush said:

It isn't hidden.  Its just that small things are hard to see.  

Game so guuuuud!!!!

Members
224 posts
6,093 battles
8 hours ago, Femennenly said:

Frigate007 asked how many players were in the queue per tier. When I hit escape the number seems to be the people logged on to the server, not in a queue.

Am I missing something?

Edited by GoldDust2015

[YIKES]
Members
3,880 posts
23,660 battles

people barely playing the game because of reasons, dead game

• Cool 1

Members
5,425 posts
10,493 battles
6 hours ago, GoldDust2015 said:

Frigate007 asked how many players were in the queue per tier. When I hit escape the number seems to be the people logged on to the server, not in a queue.

Am I missing something?

Read her next sentence and you won't be missing anything.

• Cool 1

Members
5,425 posts
10,493 battles
6 hours ago, m373x said:

people barely playing the game because of reasons, dead game

Not even close to being 'dead' - just like for the last 3 years people have been claiming it was dead.

[DARTH]
[DARTH]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
133 posts
13,528 battles

Back in the day ...... one could see all tiers and the ppl in each tier. If you wanted a battle in Random and it had a lot of people in you simply selected that tier. If the tier had a low number, stay away or you would have a long wait.  Alpha was fun!

Cheers  

[REVY]
Members
2,505 posts
13,451 battles

you do realize another reason is that School has started back up in most places in the US.

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,502 battles
2 hours ago, Lord_Slayer said:

you do realize another reason is that School has started back up in most places in the US.

Is WG target audience school age kids? I would have thought it was older. Don't know many kids interested in old ships from wars that were over 75 years ago. The ships they are interested in travel in space.

Kids today probably do not know or ever met anyone who served in either WW, unlike us old guys who had fathers, uncles and grandfathers in both.

Would be interesting to know the average at a of the player base.

Members
5,425 posts
10,493 battles
4 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

Is WG target audience school age kids? I would have thought it was older. Don't know many kids interested in old ships from wars that were over 75 years ago. The ships they are interested in travel in space.

Kids today probably do not know or ever met anyone who served in either WW, unlike us old guys who had fathers, uncles and grandfathers in both.

Would be interesting to know the average at a of the player base.

In the forums - the average age is an older group but plenty of players are high school and college students - not to mention grade school.  It is a teen rated game after all.   None of my family served in the Navy but I still play.

[TDRB]
Members
5,153 posts
13,741 battles
5 hours ago, CylonRed said:

Not even close to being 'dead' - just like for the last 3 years people have been claiming it was dead.

In reality I don't see a lot of growth but neither do I see that the game is dead or in its death throes. To some the game is dying or dead to them for whatever reason.

While we can debate if some of the changes are good or bad, we must recognize some will hate any changes.

Edited by kgh52

Members
5,425 posts
10,493 battles
5 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

In reality I don't see a lot of growth but neither do I see that the game is dead or in its death throes. To some the dead is dying or dead to them for whatever reason.

While we can debate if some of the changes are good or bad, we must recognize some will hate any changes.

Yes - absolutely - but then claiming it is dead/dying because some don't like a change - is a bit silly.  Especially when claimed for several years.

Edited by CylonRed
  • Cool 1

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,502 battles

Sounds like WOW never had a large player base to begin with compared to other popular games like [edited] etc? Niche market at best? Glad they do it but may be one reason for the expense, kind of a catch 22. Maybe the reason for the low numbers in queue?

• Cool 1

[SHAN]
Beta Testers
466 posts
5 hours ago, CylonRed said:

I agree it is not dead but then having never broke 20k at one time, is it really having a quality life?  When I play do I have fun? Most times yes, but lets not make this game into anything more than it really is. It has always been and always will be a niche game at best.

Cirran

Members
5,425 posts
10,493 battles
4 minutes ago, Cirran said:

I agree it is not dead but then having never broke 20k at one time, is it really having a quality life?  When I play do I have fun? Most times yes, but lets not make this game into anything more than it really is. It has always been and always will be a niche game at best.

Cirran

All correct....

Members
599 posts
362 battles
On 1/13/2020 at 7:17 PM, Rabbitt81 said:

And then, after all that, WG decided not to put CVs in WOWS legends. Guess they finally learned that CVs are bad for this type of game. :cap_hmm:

They have  not decided if they will put them in legends yet.