You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Karandar

Detection types - a quick reference chart for newer captains

3 comments in this topic

[DPG]
Supertester
705 posts
17,253 battles

I created a quick reference detection chart with icons and descriptions.  as well as a single page picture for Hydro and Radar ships - If you are a newer captain, printing these off and keeping them handy can help your survival...

These are the charts I use in  my latest Destroyers Basics youtube video. 

The fol186863207_DetectionChart.thumb.jpg.de2f362f0b46aea816232b9dce0a7a27.jpglowing are just clipped shots from the Wiki for radar and hydro ...

Captains should keep an eye on the Wiki page each update, as new ships, and balance changes arrive. 

the hydro and radar can be found under the "consumables" section of the wiki : https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Consumables

Radar chart - ships/ranges/durations
Radar_chart.png

Hydro chart - - ships/ranges/durations
Hydro_chart.png

Edited by Karandar
  • Cool 2

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,912 posts
11,672 battles
33 minutes ago, Karandar said:

I created a quick reference detection chart with icons and descriptions.  as well as a single page picture for Hydro and Radar ships - If you are a newer captain, printing these off and keeping them handy can help your survival...

These are the charts I use in  my latest Destroyers Basics youtube video. 
Types_of_Detection_chart.jpg

The following are just clipped shots from the Wiki for radar and hydro ... Captains should keep an eye on the Wiki page each update, as new ships, and balance changes arrive. 

the hydro and radar can be found under the "consumables" section of the wiki : https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Consumables

Radar chart - ships/ranges/durations
Radar_chart.png

Hydro chart - - ships/ranges/durations
Hydro_chart.png

Thanks for the Rader and hydro sheet . I'm getting old hard to remember this all .

• Cool 1

[DPG]
Supertester
705 posts
17,253 battles

I updated the detection chart with some feedback from my reddit post regarding clarity on range and detection with using Spotter plane, and also that Priority target shows main guns only ... when a ship is targeting you with torpedoes - is not counted, that can be some very useful tactical information.