You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tank_Ace

What is happening with the 2020 directive???

8 comments in this topic

Members
53 posts
1,355 battles

What is happening with the 2020 directive???  Open it up today to see how I am doing it just say stand by for more instructions.   I though I have 2 more days to finish up, is that true?

If I keep playing do I still get credit??? and just not get updated until later??

Just don't want to do all that work for nothing at the end

thanks

• Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
20,021 posts
12,714 battles
Just now, Tank_Ace said:

What is happening with the 2020 directive???  Open it up today to see how I am doing it just say stand by for more instructions.   I though I have 2 more days to finish up, is that true?

If I keep playing do I still get credit??? and just not get updated until later??

thanks

Snowflakes start when the patch drops Wed, Dec 11th, 9am EST and end when the patch ends Wed, Jan 15th, 2am PST. So plan to be done by end of the day Tue, Jan 14th.

Daily Shipments starts when the patch drops Wed, Dec 11th, 9am EST and end very early morning Jan 1st at 2am PST. So plan to be done by end of the day Tue, Dec 31st.

Directives start when the patch drops Wed, Dec 11th, 9am EST and end very early morning Mon, Jan 13th, 2am PST. So plan to be done by end of the day Sun, Jan 12th.

Daily Chains starts Thu, Dec 12th, 5am EST and end very early morning Mon, Jan 13th at 2am PST. So plan to be done by end of the day Sun, Jan 12th.

Automatic Dockyard construction starts at 5am EST Dec 16th, but you can activate boosts before that and should as soon as you can. The construction for the Dockyard ends at 2am PST Mon, Jan 13th. You can still activate the instant boosts afterwards.

Gorizia special missions start as soon as you get Gorizia. The earliest via the Directives is Fri, Dec 20th by completing Dir III and the missions end when the patch ends Wed, Jan 15th, 2am PST. So plan to be done by end of the day Tue, Jan 14th.

The Ship Building collection is permanent, but it is NOT a subscription collection. There are up to 41 free boxes in total and more in the Armory for doubloons.

Here is the patch article that came out before the patch dropped on Dec 11th.

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/new-year-2020-event/

939358511_Directivesend.thumb.JPG.2cb86dbf46a5d1149072c6a900e905eb.JPG

• Cool 1

[DPG]
Members
2,030 posts
10,730 battles
3 minutes ago, Tank_Ace said:

thanks

You had until the 13th, which is today.  It says that because you can longer work on directives.

Members
53 posts
1,355 battles

Well I just play one battle did not see anything posted toward the 2020 directive wanted to get the Gorizia.  Could have easily done it in 2 days.  O well

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,152 posts
14,738 battles
1 hour ago, Kizarvexis said:

Snowflakes start when the patch drops Wed, Dec 11th, 9am EST and end when the patch ends Wed, Jan 15th, 2am PST. So plan to be done by end of the day Tue, Jan 14th.

Daily Shipments starts when the patch drops Wed, Dec 11th, 9am EST and end very early morning Jan 1st at 2am PST. So plan to be done by end of the day Tue, Dec 31st.

Directives start when the patch drops Wed, Dec 11th, 9am EST and end very early morning Mon, Jan 13th, 2am PST. So plan to be done by end of the day Sun, Jan 12th.

Daily Chains starts Thu, Dec 12th, 5am EST and end very early morning Mon, Jan 13th at 2am PST. So plan to be done by end of the day Sun, Jan 12th.

Automatic Dockyard construction starts at 5am EST Dec 16th, but you can activate boosts before that and should as soon as you can. The construction for the Dockyard ends at 2am PST Mon, Jan 13th. You can still activate the instant boosts afterwards.

Gorizia special missions start as soon as you get Gorizia. The earliest via the Directives is Fri, Dec 20th by completing Dir III and the missions end when the patch ends Wed, Jan 15th, 2am PST. So plan to be done by end of the day Tue, Jan 14th.

The Ship Building collection is permanent, but it is NOT a subscription collection. There are up to 41 free boxes in total and more in the Armory for doubloons.

It can be confusing when events end outside of the patch patterns. I feel they should be synchronized to end at the same time and if the event is shorter than the patch cycle just start it so it ends with the patch.

[TDRB]
Members
5,153 posts
13,741 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

It can be confusing when events end outside of the patch patterns. I feel they should be synchronized to end at the same time and if the event is shorter than the patch cycle just start it so it ends with the patch.

I agree. The confusion gives substance to conspiracy theorist.

[PVE]
Members
4,664 posts
20,600 battles
7 minutes ago, kgh52 said:

Actually, I believe this is a strategic sales and marketing tactic.  To lessen the value provided........  Even if that number is small.

[PVE]
Members
20,021 posts
12,714 battles
4 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

4 hours ago, kgh52 said:

Yeah, I think WG is doing this to keep the events from ending as the patch rollout is starting up. Some things have ended prematurely in the past, so ending most everything the Monday before the next patch could be a way to solve that problem. It also gives a day or two break before the next patch starts and people keep complaining that they want a break now and then.

4 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

Actually, I believe this is a strategic sales and marketing tactic.  To lessen the value provided........  Even if that number is small.

:fish_palm: Yeah, because people getting British Tokens by playing the game makes them so much money. Buying more Alcoa.