You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TL_Warlord_Roff

It's done, it's over with, and soon even the crumbs will be gone.

12 comments in this topic

[HEROS]
Members
2,026 posts
18,345 battles

yep logged into game.. construction progress on RP suspended.  cant access the directives so yea, didn't even finish directive III so no Italian Cruiser for me.

Went and installed NCSOft's F2P-P2W masterpiece AION... or should I say reinstalled it yesterday.. Had a enjoy relaxing several hours of play.  All solo.. No team to have to depend on, or not.  No whining, no complaints.. and the one fool that decided to challenge my newb toon to a duel got his posterior handed to 'em on a platter very very fast because once upon a time I led a guild to war in the abyss charging into coordinated action with 60 other players and taking forts.. lots of PvP experience...Made Great General back when that was a thing, and held the rank for several months.

He tried to recruit me.. told em no..   Not playing Aion for the PvP any more.  Game will never be PvP balanced anyway, never was.  Game pop is so low on the NA servers that I may need to copy my toons to the EU servers if they shut down.   AIon is another one of those that could use a "classic" server (AIon 4.7 would be about right)

Back at Warships this AM.  Back to grinding towards the tier X IJN Cruiser.  Just grinding FXP toward it.. Have it a couple weeks, maybe more, maybe less.  when I get I'll be resetting the IJN line.  Fortunately I got plenty of IJN premiums though I will miss my Furutaka and Fuso for a few days until I acquire them back.

Time to put the holiday season of outright lies, misrepresentations, misinformation, and pretty unapologetic rampant out of control utterly over the top greed behind us.  Can't happen fast nuff.  Client pre-patch for 0.9.0.0 is downloaded ready and waiting.  (it did that this AM)

To the NA staff.. sorry if the holiday bonuses were not as large as predicted.. if WG and the studio did things in the normal corporate way don't you worry!  The executive staff got their performance bonus for the year even if yours likely got short changed because you know, they come first.  That's what I expect happened.  I could be wrong.  It's unlikely but I could be!      This year's holiday events is what happens when you let the business side of your studio decide content and presentation.

Once upon a time the dev team said build it and they will come.. and they did and lo a game was born.  A good game.  A game that for now is going to survive this idiocy.     It is a cautionary however.   It went over like a sack of rocks in the community world wide.  It was not received well in NA, EU, SEA or RU (and the RU posters made the worst of us including me look positively sweetness and light and all restrained about it.. they got NASTY over there about it!  I got a friend native Russian speaker translated some of the forum post and video's for me...  OWCH!.. nasty doesn't even begin to tell!)

Hopefully the lesson was learned.. don't do it ever again.. don't even get close. 

I'm keeping my given word.. no money to WG until May.  I'm a true believer in the gift that keeps on giving!

Happy POST Holidays folks...bring on the Brit heavy Cruiser line!   

• Cool 3
  • Boring 3

Members
3,097 posts
12,297 battles

I did not let PR event bother me in the least.  Did zero grinding.  Did not pay a single dollar.  Got one T7 premium, two T6 premiums, two T5 premiums, enough extra coal/steel to pick up T9 premium and Flint (I already had Black).  Made 1,000,000 free XP using extra signals and 200% bonuses during event.  Pretty good event for F2P if you ask me.  Also, did not have to use the ship coupon, so will be using that on the Thunderer soon.

Edited by Ramsalot
  • Cool 3
  • Boring 1

[NSC]
Members
2,333 posts
3 minutes ago, Ramsalot said:

Got one T7 premium, two T6 premiums, two T5 premiums, enough extra coal/steel to pick up T9 premium and Flint (I already had Black). 

You have to keep in mind that you made out that well as a F2P because of chance (RNG). The average player will not get those 5 T5-T7 premiums.

I assume the T7 is Gorizia and the 4 T6/T5 are from free Santa Crates?

I opened 60+ Santa Crates without a single ship.

[WOLF1]
Members
2,889 posts

i remember AION is even more grind and pvp fest, if one wants to relax, play world of warcraft in  a PVE server, that is relaxing, probably that's what i should do...

Edited by Happy668

Members
3,097 posts
12,297 battles
9 minutes ago, henrychenhenry said:

You have to keep in mind that you made out that well as a F2P because of chance (RNG). The average player will not get those 5 T5-T7 premiums.

I assume the T7 is Gorizia and the 4 T6/T5 are from free Santa Crates?

I opened 60+ Santa Crates without a single ship.

You are right, but at the same time all 5 of those ships are next to useless for me.  I only see using them during snowflake events, so it's ironic, really.  Average player might have actually needed those ships...

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,236 posts
18 minutes ago, TL_Warlord_Roff said:

Once upon a time the dev team said build it and they will come.. and they did and lo a game was born.  A good game.  A game that for now is going to survive this idiocy.     It is a cautionary however.   It went over like a sack of rocks in the community world wide.  It was not received well in NA, EU, SEA or RU (and the RU posters made the worst of us including me look positively sweetness and light and all restrained about it.. they got NASTY over there about it!  I got a friend native Russian speaker translated some of the forum post and video's for me...  OWCH!.. nasty doesn't even begin to tell!)

Hopefully the lesson was learned.. don't do it ever again.. don't even get close. 

So the RU server lit into WG over the Dockyard Debacle too, this wasn't just NA or even NA/EU backlash? 

On one hand it's good that the backlash was universal, on the other hand if RU gave WG hell and WG still couldn't be budged on the Dockyard Debacle, that's a really really bad sign for the future. 

[GWG]
Members
85 posts
5,653 battles

Let's try to be constructive here...

The Puerto Rico / Christmas event was not so bad.  My thoughts are that the CCs and other 'experts' flipped out and flew off the handle on the directives.

--- fact is, I never had to touch those higher directives since I am willing to spend a little money for Christmas.  I think the expectations for easily getting a T10 ship for FREE was a bit unrealistic.  I have to admit I got caught up in the snarky-rap, but after carefully doing the math, I found a balanced way to get what I wanted.  Half grind and half money worked out well.

***  Lessons learned, how to fix this?  Something really twisted the shorts of those CCs.  Maybe treat them a little smarter and give some coaching instead of flipping on the blinding lights of a surprise like that.  A little prep time/effort for the reporters would be a plus here.

Other lessons:

The change to RB of the T10 ship UUs....   I'm still angry about that one.  Burying it in a news article or release note was silly.  And the fact WG is doing this without any customer feedback is...   not nice (I have other terms, but we'll leave it at that).

There is no survey done, like 'Would you object to us changing Legendary Upgrades -- to Unique Upgrades, and locking them behind a huge pay-wall?".... "In two months?".

The salt is still at breeder reactor temperature on this.  Others haven't found out yet.  There is a huge mob with pitch-forks and torches expanding every day on this issue.

*** Lessons learned, how to fix this?  Extending the grind time out to December was a nice gesture, yet I don't see it in the game yet.  Still running out in a couple months.
Perhaps -- like the Puerto Rico, give two ways to get these:  Either through grinding (for those without RB yet). or by purchasing Free XP to use the RB method.
--- And those LU/UU modules are a HUGE grind for folks like me.
I only have 4 Tier 10 ships, so there is no RB for me.

Members
3,296 posts
16,528 battles

I played the usual amount throughout the PR event. Wasn't interested in the meh bote PR or wanting to waste my holidays grinding. I did however win the Gorizia by default. She is parked in the premium ship grave yard along with other prem ships I'll never play again. Not complaining, just added to my collection.
A also won three tier 8 New Year's camo (thanks), a bunch of steel, a ton of coal (Almost 350k saved up), 1000+ dubloons, some useful flags and some non premium ships. All and all it wasn't a bad haul for playing casually. 

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,093 posts
14,707 battles
1 hour ago, Ramsalot said:

I did not let PR event bother me in the least.  Did zero grinding.  Did not pay a single dollar.  Got one T7 premium, two T6 premiums, two T5 premiums, enough extra coal/steel to pick up T9 premium and Flint (I already had Black).  Made 1,000,000 free XP using extra signals and 200% bonuses during event.  Pretty good event for F2P if you ask me.  Also, did not have to use the ship coupon, so will be using that on the Thunderer soon.

I only went for the Gorizia and because of needing to take a few days off from the game and the extreme requirements for the directives I barely got her.

She sure is pretty.
UrmT9t2.jpg

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,832 posts
11,586 battles
2 hours ago, Ramsalot said:

+1 This^ says it all and I didn't even get one ship in a crate but I still got lots of free stuff coal , doubloons , signals and steel . Beside the fact that WG made a mistake in kind of misleading people on the attainability of the PR . This holiday season was fine by me I was also able to obtain the Thunderer and the Flint with the steel and coal I received over the holidays . I also really enjoyed rank sprint 10 and the 10,000 coal I got for ranking out it was a blast .

Members
3,097 posts
12,297 battles
47 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

She sure is pretty.

I got spoiled when I got Venezia, and put permacamo on it.  It sure is awesome looking warship, it's hard to beat that. :fish_haloween: