You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
SpaceHyena

what the hell wg? [dev blog]

230 comments in this topic

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,095 battles

Torpedo protection system (slot #5):

- Replaces the "Target Acquisition System Modification 1" and will give the following bonuses:
-- Allows for torpedoes to be detected at a fixed distance of 1.8 km, regardless of the torpedoes' detectability range ("Vigilance" skill will improve it);
-- Add +5% to ship's torpedo protection.

Wth is that? Another buff on bbs? Why not give alread totaly imunity to torps to the most op (in avg stats) class from this game?

• Cool 7
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 20

[GGWP]
Members
7,141 posts
16,416 battles

They still have to be lacking in intelligence enough to take it over concealment.... 

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 6
  • Funny 2

[ARGSY]
Members
21,708 posts
15,757 battles
20 minutes ago, KHyena said:

Wth is that? Another buff on bbs?

Remember: you'll have to give up concealment expert  error, I meant Concealment Systems Mod 1, in order to use it.

Edited by Ensign_Cthulhu

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,095 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Remember: you'll have to give up concealment expert in order to use it.

And get almost 2KM of torpedo detection, also increase the torpedo protection.

Its make almost impossible to kill a bb (unless he is brainless) with torps without extreme fast torps.

Alsot they plan change the IFHE to burn less the bbs.

Thats just ridiculous.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 2

[ARGSY]
Members
21,708 posts
15,757 battles
25 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

They still have to be [edited] enough to take it over concealment.... 

I took TASM1 on my Bismarck in Ranked Sprint 1v1 because (a) I had one lying around that I'd won somewhere and (b) I actually benefited from it in that meta. 

I assume that with all these changes we'll be getting a window of free demounts and (hopefully full-cost) compensation for modules that are being deleted outright from the game. 

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,541 posts
6 minutes ago, KHyena said:

Torpedo protection system (slot #5):

- Replaces the "Target Acquisition System Modification 1" and will give the following bonuses:
-- Allows for torpedoes to be detected at a fixed distance of 1.8 km, regardless of the torpedoes' detectability range ("Vigilance" skill will improve it);
-- Add +5% to ship's torpedo protection.

Wth is that? Another buff on bbs? Why not give alread totaly imunity to torps to the most op (in avg stats) class from this game?

So we lose an all-around spotting upgrade (the TASM1) for this silly thing? 

OK, whatever. 

Wargaming motto:  "If it ain't fix, broke it."

Edited by KilljoyCutter
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

[WOLFG]
Members
30,768 posts
9,354 battles
2 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Remember: you'll have to give up concealment expert in order to use it.

Which may become a real choice, when our 5th ship type enters the game....

• Cool 2

[GGWP]
Members
7,141 posts
16,416 battles
Just now, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

I took TASM1 on my Bismarck in Ranked Sprint 1v1 because (a) I had one lying around that I'd won somewhere and (b) I actually benefited from it in that meta. 

I assume that with all these changes we'll be getting a window of free demounts and (hopefully full-cost) compensation for modules that are being deleted outright from the game. 

Thats different. If you have to get concealed with a BB in a 1v1 like that, then chances are, that player is going to lose anyways. 

Tasm in that case is completely justified. You know what your situation is going to be and concealment in a 1v1 is pretty much useless in a bb

• Cool 1

[WOLFG]
Members
30,768 posts
9,354 battles
Just now, KilljoyCutter said:

So we lose an all-around spotting upgrade for this silly thing? 

OK, whatever. 

Wargaming motto:  "If it ain't fix, broke it."

To be fair though, how much usage do people really get out of it now that isn't torp-oriented?

DDs benefit from the 3km proxy spotting most, but I don't know anyone that would give up the concealment mod for it on their DD.

I mean, it's not that useful for cruisers, they have hydro for close spotting of DDs.

BBs get the most out of the mod, but for them, it's all about the torp detection anyway.

• Boring 1

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,095 battles
38 minutes ago, Battlecruiser_Repulse said:

[hidden]

Now try hit something with black torps.

• Cool 1

[SVF]
Members
1,775 posts
2,335 battles
5 minutes ago, Skpstr said:

Which may become a real choice, when our 5th ship type enters the game....

Not really imo given that homing keel breakers won't give a care about being seen from 1.8km away nor that increase to TDS.

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,541 posts
Just now, Skpstr said:

To be fair though, how much usage do people really get out of it now that isn't torp-oriented?

DDs benefit from the 3km proxy spotting most, but I don't know anyone that would give up the concealment mod for it on their DD.

I mean, it's not that useful for cruisers, they have hydro for close spotting of DDs.

BBs get the most out of the mod, but for them, it's all about the torp detection anyway.

And several of my BBs have it mounted, because I hate the concealment meta.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[FEM]
Members
2,083 posts
17,244 battles
13 minutes ago, KHyena said:

You sir need to learn how stats work so you don't continue with the delusion of BBs being the most OP class.

• Cool 8
  • Boring 4

[FEM]
Members
2,083 posts
17,244 battles
2 minutes ago, KHyena said:

It has fast torp reload, I hit plenty of torps in it. They are also adding a mod that will give a boost to your torp speed, which will directly counter some of the buffs this mod gives.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,095 battles
Just now, Kebobstuzov said:

You sir need to learn how stats work so you don't continue with the delusion of BBs being the most OP class.

On TX
Best wr in the game: A battleship
Best avg flags: a battleship
Best avg dmg: a battleship
Best avg xp: A battleship
Best avg plane destroyed [excluding cvs of course]: A battleship
Best KD: [excluding cvs] A battleship

Not OP at all

• Cool 1
  • Confused 5
  • Boring 5

[FEM]
Members
2,083 posts
17,244 battles
1 minute ago, KHyena said:

On TX
Best wr in the game: A battleship
Best avg flags: a battleship
Best avg dmg: a battleship
Best avg xp: A battleship
Best avg plane destroyed [excluding cvs of course]: A battleship
Best KD: [excluding cvs] A battleship

Not OP at all

Thank you for demonstrating your lack of understanding in the world of statistics so well for me.

• Cool 3
  • Funny 2
  • Boring 3

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,095 battles
Just now, Kebobstuzov said:

It has fast torp reload, I hit plenty of torps in it. They are also adding a mod that will give a boost to your torp speed, which will directly counter some of the buffs this mod gives.

Its also have 0.9km detection torps. Now increase to 1.8km this slow mines and try hit something.

[WOLFG]
Members
30,768 posts
9,354 battles
3 minutes ago, landcollector said:

Not really imo given that homing keel breakers won't give a care about being seen from 1.8km away nor that increase to TDS.

The "2-ping homing" function likely isn't going anywhere, but I wouldn't be surprised if the ease of getting those 2 pings and/or torp maneuverability, were tweaked multiple times.

For all we know, it might end up somewhat difficult to get 2 pings on maneuvering targets, or they reduce the range of the pings, and a spread of "dumb" fish becomes a viable option.

[FEM]
Members
2,083 posts
17,244 battles
Just now, KHyena said:

Its also have 0.9km detection torps. Now increase to 1.8km this slow mines and try hit something.

If the player is clueless enough to be running that mod over conceal, I bet you they will still take plenty of torps or get murdered by everyone else due to their awful detection.

[TSF]
Members
212 posts
12,243 battles

So. If I am reading this correctly, WG just eliminated 100% of the benefit of deep water torpedos, while leaving 100% of their weaknesses in place?

• Cool 2
  • Funny 1

[XXX]
Members
594 posts
1,579 battles

Still easier and more effective to use then a cv's torp planes.  But it does seem a bit extreme to me.

[5BS]
Banned
8,864 posts
20 minutes ago, KHyena said:

DD players never cease to amaze me, especially since they are getting a soft Last Stand in the form of the duel upgrade merging (not like DCSM1 was worth it anyway).

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 4

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,328 posts
13,334 battles
8 minutes ago, KHyena said:

You mean make that something hit Black torps.

[PEED2]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,095 battles
1 minute ago, Kebobstuzov said:

If the player is clueless enough to be running that mod over conceal, I bet you they will still take plenty of torps or get murdered by everyone else due to their awful detection.

Dont forgot the most of people in this game is not super unicum, they going see "oh, this increase my protection of torps i'm going take that!".

Ok they can be murded because they awful detection... but murded by other bbs (sinse they also going nerf the IFHE fire chance), what the fun on that for you playing a DD? Get boring games only spotting?

And i'm just talking about randons not super competitive games.

• Boring 2