Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Midshipman_Hornblower

What ARE THE MM LIMITS?

5 comments in this topic

[TORCH]
Members
626 posts
16,384 battles

I just had an experience I didn't think was possible.  I was in a battle with SEVEN BBs per side.  It was a really scary place to be a bottom-tier cruiser!  My Omaha actually did ok.  By that, I mean that I survived to the end, did 41K damage, got one kill, and finished top of the team.  Impressed?  Unfortunately, the rest of the team didn't do so well, so don't be too impressed.  Surviving to the end wasn't the accomplishment it sounds to be, since the end came quite quickly.  And getting a kill?  Well, it was one of only two by the entire team.  Finishing at the top?  Well, I guess it IS better to be on top of the pile than under it.

Parenthetically, I have no idea how the BBs on my team got melted so fast, since early in the game no one was even shooting at them.  How do I know?  Because they were all shooting at ME.  Seriously, at one point early on, my PT told me SIX enemy ships were locked on me, and they were definitely all shooting!  That's half the enemy team.  I ended the game with 1.2 MILLION potential damage.  I can't remember having more than half that before.  But, in case anyone needed proof, WASD works.  :-)

Seriously, has anyone else ever experienced a 7 BB game?  I thought MM had a 5 BB limit?

[DRAC0]
Members
60 posts
4,677 battles

There are "normal" limits for MM.  These can all be waived for pretty much any reason by manually created matches at WG's discretion.  Although it's rare, it happens.  They own the game and the process!

There are also "anomalies" that occur in the automated MM process due to highly unusual numbers (or the lack thereof) of ship types.

These are the official MM limits/specifications https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics_(WoWS)

Edited by Exploding_Barbette
  • Cool 1

[OO7]
Members
481 posts
27,973 battles
1 hour ago, Midshipman_Hornblower said:

I was in a battle with SEVEN BBs per side.

Sign me up for that. Just need 5 more games for kleber leaderboards 

[T-CF]
Members
551 posts
3,122 battles
1 hour ago, Exploding_Barbette said:

There are "normal" limits for MM.  These can all be waived for pretty much any reason by manually created matches at WG's discretion.  Although it's rare, it happens.  They own the game and the process!

There are also "anomalies" that occur in the automated MM process due to highly unusual numbers (or the lack thereof) of ship types.

These are the official MM limits/specifications https://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Battle_Mechanics_(WoWS)

I would love to see just a bit more tier 8s in tier 10 battles. Pure tier 10 are just dull. No action unless you’re a BB.

[DRAC0]
Members
60 posts
4,677 battles
7 hours ago, LiaoXanLan said:

I would love to see just a bit more tier 8s in tier 10 battles. Pure tier 10 are just dull. No action unless you’re a BB.

Hah!  Every time I play my T8 ships I'm uptiered to T10.  You should hang with me.  I've experienced the "anomalies" several times.  Once had a game with  7 dds per team and nothing else... LoL

Edited by Exploding_Barbette
added comment

Sign in to follow this