You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tzarevitch

Raptor Rescue question - ship target

6 comments in this topic

[NUWES]
Members
3,240 posts
11,489 battles

I was doing Operation: Raptor Rescue and at the very end after I reached the exit point ahead of the Raptor this strange 2d-looking cardboard ship appeared outside of the map border and slid back and forth between 2 islands. It acted like a funhouse target loving back and forth so I opened fire on it but it didn't seem to do any damage. Does anyone know what that thing is? 

[H_]
Members
748 posts
12,093 battles

You have to torp it.  I think you get a badge for hitting it and yes it's like a Shooting Gallery target, you hit it and "ping" it changes direction.. 

[PDCB]
Members
490 posts
8,775 battles
22 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

I was doing Operation: Raptor Rescue and at the very end after I reached the exit point ahead of the Raptor this strange 2d-looking cardboard ship appeared outside of the map border and slid back and forth between 2 islands. It acted like a funhouse target loving back and forth so I opened fire on it but it didn't seem to do any damage. Does anyone know what that thing is? 

It's an Easter Egg that randomly appears between those 2 islands. It's from Bad Advice animation, you can find that ship in some their videos:

Spoiler

[REVY]
Members
2,493 posts
13,384 battles
59 minutes ago, Tzarevitch said:

55 minutes ago, S16_Hunter said:

You have to torp it.  I think you get a badge for hitting it and yes it's like a Shooting Gallery target, you hit it and "ping" it changes direction.. 

^^ this. There is an achievement, but only by hitting it with torpedos.

The cardboard target 'explodes', becomes damaged...and scuttles off.

[INTEL]
Members
3,283 posts
17,921 battles

Hit it with a torp and you get the "Insert Coin" Achievement.

Tip: If this is your first try at torping the ship, lead it more than you might think you need to.