You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Frigate007

What happens to Ship Building tokens?

10 comments in this topic

[GOBI]
Members
1,086 posts
4,487 battles

Have 303 left over from PR event, what will happen to them? Will they be saved for next event? Go away? Be able to convert to something else? Or?

As they do not show up in the armory not a good sign? If can convert, how?

[SAINT]
[SAINT]
Members
1,445 posts
17,695 battles

From the website:

"In total, you can earn as many as 2,665 Shipbuilding Tokens throughout Update 0.8.11. When Update 0.9.1 hits the servers, any Shipbuilding Tokens will be converted to credits at a rate of 1: 7500 silver."

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/new-year-2020-event/

Hope this helps.

75,50Image result for hope this helps meme0.

• Cool 1

[1984]
Members
4,296 posts
21,105 battles
10 minutes ago, Frigate007 said:

Have 303 left over from PR event, what will happen to them? Will they be saved for next event? Go away? Be able to convert to something else? Or?

They vanish along with x hours of your life spent earning them 

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

Members
126 posts
10,266 battles

Aside from the Gorizia; which I don't think much of, I got the Nelson with a 10-point captain from one of the Santa Crates I earned during the grind.  That made the grind somewhat worthwhile. 

I managed to finish four of the directives.  If I had purchased all three boosters for 24,000 doubloons on the first day of the event (according to calculations other people have made) I would have received (purchased) the Puerto Rico when I finished the fourth directive.  I didn't finish any missions in the fifth directive.

I noticed the price to complete (purchase) the Puerto Rico went down from 35,000 doubloons to 25,000 doubloons a couple of days ago.  (Maybe the price drop occurred sooner than that, I only noticed it Friday.)  Still way too much money for a supposedly free to grind ship that according to a fellow player who purchased it, "turns like a refrigerator."  During the grind I purchased the Thunderer which has more powerful; and importantly, more accurate guns, almost three times the fire chance with HE, 5.4 km further main battery range, a tighter turning circle combined with a faster rudder shift and better (lower) surface detection of .9 km.  Now being a battleship it's no surprise Thunderer has longer ranged, harder hitting guns, and starting fires is a British battleship thing, but normally all the other stats should favor a cruiser; even a big cruiser, over a monstrous battleship.  The Puerto Rico is prettier than the Thunderer IMO; so if you got one, it will be nice to look at in your port.

[GOBI]
Members
1,086 posts
4,487 battles

1:7500, that's depressing considering the time it to took to earn them!. For credits WG should add another zero. Or change to steel at 1:75. Would go a long way for some folks who feel they got burned in this event.

[PVE]
Members
19,969 posts
12,643 battles
9 hours ago, Frigate007 said:

8 hours ago, Jolly_Rodgered said:

From the website:

"In total, you can earn as many as 2,665 Shipbuilding Tokens throughout Update 0.8.11. When Update 0.9.1 hits the servers, any Shipbuilding Tokens will be converted to credits at a rate of 1: 7500 silver."

https://worldofwarships.com/en/news/general-news/new-year-2020-event/

Hope this helps.

75,50Image result for hope this helps meme0.

This^^^

9.0 is expected to drop this Wed, Jan 15th. (Early access UK CAs and PA New Year)

9.1 is scheduled for Wed, Feb 12th. (The full UK CA line is scheduled for this patch)

[FEM]
Retired WoWS Community Contributors
2,263 posts
17,010 battles

Converted to credits at a rate of 1:7,500.

The Dockyard will however remain in the client until the release of 9.1. This will allow anyone the opportunity to complete the ship with doubloons.

During 9.0 no further progress will occur from points over time. 

Fem, 

• Cool 2

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles
39 minutes ago, Femennenly said:

Converted to credits at a rate of 1:7,500.

The Dockyard will however remain in the client until the release of 9.1. This will allow anyone the opportunity to complete the ship with doubloons.

During 9.0 no further progress will occur from points over time. 

Fem, 

Thank you.