You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Vanidor

83 in Hall of Fame with 3.5 hours left on PR mission

48 comments in this topic

[CNWOW]
[CNWOW]
Beta Testers
19 posts
13,144 battles

I find it kind of amazing that 83 people finished all 7 directives and fought beyond it. But I admit to being curious if Wargaming expected that so few would finish the directives. I know a ton more people got the Puerto Rico for free and by paid boosts but this is more about the Directives. Usually a lot more finish them than 83.

• Cool 1

Members
44 posts
5,253 battles

one thing puzzle me for the booster , in game its says you will only be able to get building point by premium booster after tomorrow when the free build is over(it will end at june 1 2020) , however it will not allow you to buy premium booster anymore , i am at phase 5 around 26mil point now , by my caculation , if i only active one premium booster i will be able to get the ship build with in about no more than 5 month (104point per min), so whats the deal here with premium booster ?

Members
443 posts
451 battles

I finished my snowflakes tonight. Wasn't sure I'd make it, but i just had to grit my teeth and knock all 18 of them out over the weekend.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,931 posts
12 minutes ago, kagero__ said:

I finished my snowflakes tonight. Wasn't sure I'd make it, but i just had to grit my teeth and knock all 18 of them out over the weekend.

For future reference, coop is almost always a win and the matches are very fast.  18 wins would be done in a matter of a few hours, if that.

• Cool 1

Members
145 posts
2,018 battles
49 minutes ago, Vanidor said:

I find it kind of amazing that 83 people finished all 7 directives and fought beyond it. But I admit to being curious if Wargaming expected that so few would finish the directives. I know a ton more people got the Puerto Rico for free and by paid boosts but this is more about the Directives. Usually a lot more finish them than 83.

out of the entire server population in all 4 servers what percentage of the population would that be?  on NA 83 finished so far out of how many in total server population?  Was said to be a completely free grind for all for the entire server in the holiday spirit.  CEO came out saying it was to give disabled people a purpose. nuff said.

[SVF]
Members
1,774 posts
2,335 battles
26 minutes ago, kagero__ said:

Snowflakes are active till the morning of the 15th, at least according to the Port UI.

[CNWOW]
[CNWOW]
Beta Testers
19 posts
13,144 battles
30 minutes ago, Munificient_Mumfurt said:

out of the entire server population in all 4 servers what percentage of the population would that be?  on NA 83 finished so far out of how many in total server population?  Was said to be a completely free grind for all for the entire server in the holiday spirit.  CEO came out saying it was to give disabled people a purpose. nuff said.

I think the 83 I see in the Hall of Fame was only on the NA server, but not sure.

I'm semi retired so was able to grind the Gorizia and PR, but not finish the directives. A much harder grind than previous years.

[FFG33]
Members
477 posts
18,155 battles

The 83 bots and/or people with no life over christmas.

They are absolutely welcome to the insignificant rewards.

814735544_ScreenShot2020-01-12at11_49_18PM.thumb.png.a1eb50659163db35751d3d9811596825.png674182316_ScreenShot2020-01-12at11_55_51PM.thumb.png.a867d4868c77b23948cfd41cbc59e346.png1796239482_ScreenShot2020-01-12at11_56_10PM.thumb.png.fca06e8bbd941ba81dd6a21942fc777b.png230993583_ScreenShot2020-01-12at11_56_22PM.thumb.png.a5e2728816de3aed70091a6e2ea0814d.png454201884_ScreenShot2020-01-12at11_56_40PM.thumb.png.5c50d3f7d43b0dd533763be6a6417769.png324516704_ScreenShot2020-01-12at11_56_51PM.thumb.png.0e45e5d397d4c949fd4ec880e323649a.png1684848839_ScreenShot2020-01-12at11_55_28PM.thumb.png.43642afd6044d65b2b76cb0074b5693e.png

• Cool 1
  • Confused 1
  • Boring 2

[PVE]
Members
6,897 posts
22,643 battles

I was in a co-op match w/#1 dude.

My 1st comment in chat was, "Wait...wut? The top of the Wall of Fame leader board is in a co-op match?"

My next comment was, "Props if you ground out all those points in co-op"...but he didn't respond back.

Some may think bot but when I was doing past leader board grinds I was using the Salem in co-op & racking up major points real quickly... got in the top 5% a few times even (but I usually had to settle for just the top 10% due to needing to get up for work the day after)...& I quite frequently ignored chat while doing so.

But then again...I don't have the chops to finish the 7th directive tasks as quickly as he did (even if I had done it all in random & won every game...those were some steep grinds) to get into the Hall this time...so found it odd to see him in co-op on account of that.

[USCC]
Members
3,058 posts
14,230 battles

Congrats to @Lord_Zath and @Kongo_Pride  names we know are definitely not bottling accounts, and to all those others that too made it through that horrible grind.
Well done indeed!

• Cool 1

[TIMT]
Alpha Tester
535 posts
1,146 battles
4 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I wonder how many of those were botting accounts. 

From what I saw, at least 7 for sure, but that's up to Wargaming to investigate.

[KSE]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
1,732 posts
18,162 battles

4 hours ago, awesomeartichokes said:

The 83 bots and/or people with no life over christmas.

They are absolutely welcome to the insignificant rewards.

You or I may not have thought the reward was worth the effort, but that still doesn't give people the right to denigrate them for trying.  It reeks of self-righteousness that you decide they have no life and that the reward was insignificant.

• Cool 2
  • Boring 3

Beta Testers
948 posts
3,958 battles
6 hours ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

I wonder how many of those were botting accounts. 

Most aren't. Bots can't complete Directive 5 and 6 and would probably be too slow to complete 7 as well.

[INTEL]
Members
3,265 posts
17,896 battles
3 hours ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

I was in a co-op match w/#1 dude.

My 1st comment in chat was, "Wait...wut? The top of the Wall of Fame leader board is in a co-op match?"

My next comment was, "Props if you ground out all those points in co-op"...but he didn't respond back.

Some may think bot but when I was doing past leader board grinds I was using the Salem in co-op & racking up major points real quickly... got in the top 5% a few times even (but I usually had to settle for just the top 10% due to needing to get up for work the day after)...& I quite frequently ignored chat while doing so.

But then again...I don't have the chops to finish the 7th directive tasks as quickly as he did (even if I had done it all in random & won every game...those were some steep grinds) to get into the Hall this time...so found it odd to see him in co-op on account of that.

I was in a Co-Op with him as well. I congratulated him in chat but no response.  He also YOLO'd and died pretty quickly.  He did a fair amount of damage in that short time as he finished just below midway on the post-battle results board.

[EQRN]
Members
2,114 posts
18,547 battles

I don’t recognize a single person in the HoF other than Lord Zath.  Try-Harders don’t like the forums? :cap_hmm:

• Funny 1

[PUDEL]
Members
337 posts
1,596 battles

50% was 3,662 points. That's one tough haul.

The stats guys should take a look at the point distribution. Very tight cluster at the top, then a fast drop.

[DVYJC]
Members
3,549 posts
8,098 battles
7 hours ago, kamatokai said:

one thing puzzle me for the booster , in game its says you will only be able to get building point by premium booster after tomorrow when the free build is over(it will end at june 1 2020) , however it will not allow you to buy premium booster anymore , i am at phase 5 around 26mil point now , by my caculation , if i only active one premium booster i will be able to get the ship build with in about no more than 5 month (104point per min), so whats the deal here with premium booster ?

My friend, you are deeply under the wrong impression. The forums have been on fire about this for more than a month now.

Points per minute stopped today from automatic construction. You will be stuck at 26 million points forever. Premium boosters stopped being purchasable on January 6. The only way to get more shipbuilding points at the current time is to complete directives and buy shipbuilding token boosts. Even if you could complete all of them before the end of the patch in just a day and a half (functionally), they won't give you enough shipbuilding points to complete Puerto Rico for you.

• Cool 1

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,238 posts
9,674 battles

So after going through the hellish grind of the directives and finishing it in record time, the top leader still has it in him to play the game even more to get nearly 30k points just cause he felt like it.

[-K-]
SuperTest Coordinator, WoWS Community Contributors
5,943 posts
22,072 battles

Thanks for the props.  It was a significant effort and achievement.  I want something clear, though.  This really wasn't much more of an effort on my part compared to previous times I went "all-in" on something Warships related, mostly the old contests NikoPower and iChase ran  The main difference was instead of one or two main goals like in those contests, I had to sit down and plan out how to reach each of those goals.  This, to me, was far more fun than I originally anticipated.  In addition, being out of town for Christmas meant I couldn't have gone for the free PR grind like I normally would have.  I did the numbers and I would have barely missed the PR despite my top 100 finish. So I'm glad I invested in the doubloosters.

In order to be on the top 100 this time around, you needed a good mix of these things:

1.  Time

2.  Skill

3.  Resources

If you were weak in one of those three, you had to devote extra of the other two in order to make it.  Up until this Hall of Fame, I was always very weak in #1, and there was no way I'd reach top 100 despite my skill and resource hoard.  The directives grind meant that you needed all 3 of these every few days, truly creating a marathon that required serious commitment and planning (just like athletes have to do for actual marathons).  Some of you mention seeing people from the top 100 in co-op or playing in ways that might seem strange.  Make no mistake - they know what they're doing.  

The real highlight to this was getting me to do things I normally don't do, such as:

- Blow through all my super rare camos and much of my Type 59 hard...  same for special economic flags.

- Play the game longer than 2 hours a night.

- Sail about in Worcester/Salem/Hindenburg holding down LMB all game long and not bothering to actually hit anyone.

- Sitting 1km away from a Hakuryu in my Georgia and watching the secondary slap fight.

- Taking so many epic screenshots at the end of battles.  In co-op, you're often MUCH CLOSER to the fight at the end of the game...  when the UI drops just before the results screens....  mmmmmm

- Give away TONS of compliments.

- Grind Italian cruisers.

- Progress towards legendary modules.

- Holding down LMB in Friesland.

- Play and finish Ranked Sprint.

Am I burnt out?  Not really.  This game is my main source of relaxing/entertainment at home, and I don't see that changing any time soon.  But I did put things on hold to free up some time, like tagging all the people in my recent YT releases.  Once I finish all my snowflakes tomorrow (I have like 29 left), I'll have time to play catch-up.  I was still able to make a new Discord server, and I continued doing my Twitch streaming, both of which I consider accomplishments.  Now I can finally start putting time towards emojis and other things to improve both.  I'm looking forward to it :). Also please keep in mind...  at this point, the game means something very different to me than it means to most other players.  For most players, completing a line of ships or earning a 19 point captain are major goals/accomplishments.  I'm far past that...  so an opportunity for me to do something different in the game is...  for me...  amazing.  Many of you saw that when I reset all 24 lines just prior to the 4th anniversary patch and then re-ground all 24 of those lines over the course of that patch.  Or when I spent 4x,xxx doubloons on large Black Friday container bundles only to earn 6x,xxx doubloons.  It's stupid things like this that keep my interest in the game.  

Spoiler

Edited by Lord_Zath
  • Cool 6

[CMFRT]
[CMFRT]
Members
16,256 posts
6 minutes ago, Lord_Zath said:

- Sail about in Worcester/Salem/Hindenburg holding down LMB all game long and not bothering to actually hit anyone.

Just out of curiosity, did not hitting actively help somehow ( :Smile_amazed: ) or was this an artifact of having to choose quantity over quality? 

[-K-]
SuperTest Coordinator, WoWS Community Contributors
5,943 posts
22,072 battles
Just now, KilljoyCutter said:

Just out of curiosity, did not hitting actively help somehow ( :Smile_amazed: ) or was this an artifact of having to choose quantity over quality? 

I was farming potential damage.  Shooting my guns meant I was spotted from farther away which meant I got shot at :).