You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
IfYouSeeKhaos

Spoiler Alert: The 1st Sub "In the Game"...

32 comments in this topic

[PVE]
Members
6,953 posts
22,728 battles

shot-20_01.12_20_20.09-0369.thumb.jpg.d25dcdaa6e8b6cc1f354ddd8a378aba9.jpg

No...not the Gearing in the DD bay... behind that (you may need to zoom in if you are on a cell phone).

(They Do Exist)

...has been "under construction" in the "Naval Base" Port since that port option was introduced...a few years ago :-0

SPOILER:

I hear they are about finished w/it finally :-)

BTW...that is the same dock yard that the PR is being built in...the sub has been removed though in the PR iteration...but any type of ship can have a dock yard type of event in the future in that same dock yard.

The PR is in the BB bay...but has a much worse view of the sub bay which is why i screen shotted it from the DD bay.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Boring 1

[WORX]
Members
11,478 posts
19,211 battles

The Controls for subs are in game right now on the live server (under settings)... So they're on their way...

Hopefully, Subs dont take the "most broken" class award away from the CVs.

• Boring 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
15 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

The Controls for subs are in game right now on the live server (under settings)... So they're on their way...

Hopefully, Subs dont take the "most broken" class award away from the CVs.

They won’t, thanks to the fact a sub has to put their actually ship / HP on the line in order to attack. Meanwhile a CV can sit at the farthest possible point from the enemy ships, and can hit any ship they wish all while often suffering no damage in return.

• Cool 9
  • Boring 7

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,207 posts
14,758 battles
4 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

They won’t, thanks to the fact a sub has to put their actually ship / HP on the line in order to attack. Meanwhile a CV can sit at the farthest possible point from the enemy ships, and can hit any ship they wish all while often suffering no damage in return.

However, unlike every other ship the CV puts their weapon delivery system on the line in order to attack.

• Cool 6
  • Boring 7

[WOLF5]
Supertester
4,443 posts
4,200 battles
22 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

However, unlike every other ship the CV puts their weapon delivery system on the line in order to attack.

Guns and torpedo launchers break all the time. Also awfully hard to shoot when you’re dead.

• Cool 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
13 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Yes and no, if CV squadrons are destroyed they can regenerate. But if my weapons on my BBs, CAs, or DDs are destroyed then they are gone until my next battle.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,207 posts
14,758 battles
Just now, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Yes and no, if CV squadrons are destroyed they can regenerate. But if my weapons on my BBs, CAs, or DDs are destroyed then they are gone until my next battle.

Outright losing a main gun turret is rare and losing more than one is winning the lottery rare. The respawing planes are planes that were on board the CV, brought up from reserve or repaired. If you do the math on respawning a CV will get to use in the time a battle lasts about as many planes as they carried. All respawning does is help ensure that a CV isn't deplaned early in the match.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2

[OBS]
Members
354 posts
1,080 battles
42 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

yet if you use your wasd hacks an have decent aa you can shoot down all their planes effectively neutering them like a dog from the pound....hrnmmm,,,,,

• Cool 1
  • Boring 3

[CTU]
Members
141 posts
17,632 battles
6 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

Outright losing a main gun turret is rare and losing more than one is winning the lottery rare. The respawing planes are planes that were on board the CV, brought up from reserve or repaired. If you do the math on respawning a CV will get to use in the time a battle lasts about as many planes as they carried. All respawning does is help ensure that a CV isn't deplaned early in the match.

in the 1v1 ranked sprint i deguned a richelieu in about 3 min with my mass... 

[Y0L0]
Members
248 posts
22,123 battles
2 minutes ago, Mothermoy said:

yet if you use your wasd hacks an have decent aa you can shoot down all their planes effectively neutering them like a dog from the pound....hrnmmm,,,,,

and if you are in most dds you can do absolutely nothing while you are repeatedly and relentlessly attacked and spotted till you die

Edited by Beauregard23
  • Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
Just now, BrushWolf said:

The rarity of losing weapons dies depend on modules captain skills, the ship, and the weapons type. Like even with PM and main armaments mod I frequently end up with torpedo tubes destroyed on some of my ships which can greatly eat into my combat effectiveness and damage / ships sunk scores.

And I understand about the deplaning and respawning thinking being just the planes they would have carried onboard anyway, just as our not runnng out of shells in at least many cases is just using the ammo we might have carried. Although some ships I doubt carried as many shells as get us d in battles, and know for a fact ships did not carry so many reloads of torpedoes lol. But in the game it rough equates to that. But the thing is if you count the planes as basically being your CV’s “ordnance”, that would make the launch deck the primary armament, and it’s unable to be put out of commission.

Not trying to complain or anything, as I understand that CVs are the way they are etc. I am just pointing out how CVs could remain the greater “OP Menace” in the eyes of many players even after subs arrive. Personally I just carry good AA, dodge CVs attacks, and if it’s convent I can sink CVs, but if they are out of my way I leave them alone until later as I typically have better things to do than go off CV hunting.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,207 posts
14,758 battles
1 minute ago, JackBauerArg said:

I didn't say it couldn't happen but that it is rare in the over all scheme and in a more sim like game permanently losing guns should be common.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,207 posts
14,758 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

The rarity of losing weapons dies depend on modules captain skills, the ship, and the weapons type. Like even with PM and main armaments mod I frequently end up with torpedo tubes destroyed on some of my ships which can greatly eat into my combat effectiveness and damage / ships sunk scores.

And I understand about the deplaning and respawning thinking being just the planes they would have carried onboard anyway, just as our not runnng out of shells in at least many cases is just using the ammo we might have carried. Although some ships I doubt carried as many shells as get us d in battles, and know for a fact ships did not carry so many reloads of torpedoes lol. But in the game it rough equates to that. But the thing is if you count the planes as basically being your CV’s “ordnance”, that would make the launch deck the primary armament, and it’s unable to be put out of commission.

Not trying to complain or anything, as I understand that CVs are the way they are etc. I am just pointing out how CVs could remain the greater “OP Menace” in the eyes of many players even after subs arrive. Personally I just carry good AA, dodge CVs attacks, and if it’s convent I can sink CVs, but if they are out of my way I leave them alone until later as I typically have better things to do than go off CV hunting.

Even with a zero point captain the rate is many time lower than it would be in a sim.

[OBS]
Members
354 posts
1,080 battles
Just now, Beauregard23 said:

an if you are in most dds you can do absolutely nothing while you are repeatedly and relentlessly attacked and spotted till you die

i bet your the kind of player that if you had an i win button you would  mash that heifer at the beginning of the match. dds needed balanced. before the cv rework they were by far the most broken opee class. it wasn't even close. you had to pray to the rng mistress that your dds were not potatoes, because if they were you got solo farmed by the enemy dds. that being said you can still roll in a friesland or a kidd. use your wasd hacks and  still pwn cvs

[RKLES]
Members
12,557 posts
14,317 battles
5 minutes ago, Mothermoy said:

Depends on your ship, the player using CV, and the CV. Like some rocket patterns can be really tough to avoid every single rocket and can really hurt your DD HP and even destroy armaments. And unlike Subs, a CV can send aircraft to scout the entire enemy battle line, keep certain choice targets perma spotted, and even aid in attacking / sinking  targets.

Now yes a DD can be a really good scout / spotter for their team, but their abilities to do so are limited to having to wait several minutes before lighting up entire enemy battle line if possible, plus depending on map topography, smoke screens, radar, and if enemy COs or gunboats intercepts your DD early then you don’t get the play spotter / scout.

[PN]
[PN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
240 posts
8,839 battles

That ship under construction is a Fletcher, not a sub.

[PVE]
Members
6,953 posts
22,728 battles
14 hours ago, uss_yorktown_captain said:

Hate to say but that looks a lot like a fletcher class DD....

(Guess I better clarify this in the OP)

That's a Gearing in the DD bay...but if you're on a cell phone you may need to zoom in on the bay behind it & you can see where the sub is being welded together.

You can see the sparks from the torches when you got it booted up...they just show up as 4 dots of light in the freeze frame of the screenshot above.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos
  • Boring 1

[PVE]
Members
6,953 posts
22,728 battles
23 minutes ago, Amgen said:

That ship under construction is a Fletcher, not a sub.

^^^See post above...

[PVE]
Members
6,953 posts
22,728 battles
2 hours ago, JackBauerArg said:

That's a French 2 turret BB...w/really big 4 barrel turrets that are easy to hit & easy to damage/destroy...especially if any BB knows to aim right between the 2 (works best w/the bigger calinbur 1s of course)...it's the price they pay for faster reloads & speed boost & a terrible option for ranked play if you aren't extremely experienced playing it & you happen into a bunch of other BB players that are.

But he can take solace in the fact that the 2 shells that took out his turrets didn't do any damage to his ship even though they counted as penetrations :-)

See...he showed you...he caused you to have zero damage totals on 2 different penetrations...who's laughing now? :Smile_trollface:

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[PVE]
Members
6,953 posts
22,728 battles
2 hours ago, BrushWolf said:

I didn't say it couldn't happen but that it is rare in the over all scheme and in a more sim like game permanently losing guns should be common.

Actually getting hit would be less connon in a more sim like game...but when it happened losing guns would be common...along w/permanently losing engines & rudders...& big holes is the bottom of your ship (especially in DDs) from shell hits (especially if they got hit by any BB main caliber shells).

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[PVE]
Members
6,953 posts
22,728 battles
2 hours ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I frequently end up with torpedo tubes destroyed

Not frequently...occasionally...compared to the number of battles you play w/out that happening...& it's not even very occasionally if you think about it...if it was you wouldn't still be playing I don't think...i know i wouldn't.

[PN]
[PN]
240 posts
8,839 battles
1 hour ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

(Guess I better clarify this in the OP)

That's a Gearing in the DD bay...but if you're on a cell phone you may need to zoom in on the bay behind it & you can see where the sub is being welded together.

You can see the sparks from the torches when you got it booted up...they just show up as 4 dots of light in the freeze frame of the screenshot above.

Edit: It says Gearing right there?

Thats a gearing youre looking at as your ship, yes, but the ship under construction is a fletcher, not a sub. Look at the model from a few angles, youll notice the superstructure is almost done being put together.

[PVE]
Members
6,953 posts
22,728 battles
49 minutes ago, Amgen said:

Thats a gearing youre looking at as your ship, yes, but the ship under construction is a fletcher, not a sub. Look at the model from a few angles, youll notice the superstructure is almost done being put together.

On my phone & won't be able to log back into game until next weekend...think I can make out a funnel base at front though now that you say that.

Huh...well so much for my OP...but it seems all for a Fletcher class...guess they have a lot more of the stern to add on yet.

[PN]
[PN]
240 posts
8,839 battles
13 minutes ago, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

On my phone & won't be able to log back into game until next weekend...think I can make out a funnel base at front though now that you say that.

Huh...well so much for my OP...but it seems all for a Fletcher class...guess they have a lot more of the stern to add on yet.

0c1d785b77.png