Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Marrolaul

Starter ship

13 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
6 posts
413 battles

Hi everybody!

While waiting to get my access to the CBT(I hope) I decided to take a look at which ships are available to play and which line should I go in first. I'm looking for the jack of all trade line, to see what gamestyle I enjoy the most (more speed, more armor, etc). So I suppose I should start with cruiser line but still wondering if I start with japanese or US. What are the key differences between those 2 lines?

Members
232 posts
228 battles

one has aircraft carriers (US) one has Battleships(japan) currently armor is not really a thing AP just pierces better to hit engines and stuff.

Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester
11,461 posts
1,963 battles

one has aircraft carriers (US) one has Battleships(japan)

Thats only temporary, whilst the ships are modelled

[KNTAI]
[KNTAI]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
3,176 posts
7,789 battles

USN cruisers: their early ships (T4 and 5) have torpedoes, but they are lost at Tier 6. They are essentially mini-battleships at higher tiers, with marginally better armor (generally ignored as a positive) than their IJN counterparts, vastly superior anti-air, and better artillery. However, the lack of torpedoes limit their anti-ship versatility.

IJN cruisers: torpedoes all the way to the top. They lack the direct firepower of USN cruisers for the ability to deal massive damage to any vessel with their torpedo spreads. Less anti-air and weaker artillery in exchange for the ability to turn around any engagement with well placed torpedoes.

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
6 posts
413 battles

USN cruisers: their early ships (T4 and 5) have torpedoes, but they are lost at Tier 6. They are essentially mini-battleships at higher tiers, with marginally better armor (generally ignored as a positive) than their IJN counterparts, vastly superior anti-air, and better artillery. However, the lack of torpedoes limit their anti-ship versatility.

IJN cruisers: torpedoes all the way to the top. They lack the direct firepower of USN cruisers for the ability to deal massive damage to any vessel with their torpedo spreads. Less anti-air and weaker artillery in exchange for the ability to turn around any engagement with well placed torpedoes.

Thanks a lot! That's what I wanted to know. Might start with the japanese cruisers.

Now if only I had access to beta :)

Beta Testers
24 posts
6,849 battles

Good Advice. Cant wait to get in and try the different classes. I am thinking of Cruisers myself, I believe thats going to be my niche.

[CRNGE]
Banned
3,786 posts
3,406 battles

Thats only temporary, whilst the ships are modelled

Iowa is already modeled, so I assume some of the other US BBs are, too.

Beta Testers
6 posts
413 battles

Good Advice. Cant wait to get in and try the different classes. I am thinking of Cruisers myself, I believe thats going to be my niche.

Well I feel like that battleship are too slow and as a beginner I'll just get wrecked by torpedoes. Destroyers on the other hand for watching some replay I've seen some get destroyed by only 2 salvo... so cruiser are a good place to start I think. And by playing a cruiser with torpedoes I'll be able to see how better player plays against it.

Beta Testers
3,315 posts
27,013 battles

Hi everybody!

While waiting to get my access to the CBT(I hope) I decided to take a look at which ships are available to play and which line should I go in first. I'm looking for the jack of all trade line, to see what gamestyle I enjoy the most (more speed, more armor, etc). So I suppose I should start with cruiser line but still wondering if I start with japanese or US. What are the key differences between those 2 lines?

Pick the jap cruiser that's the path at the moment to the only Battleships in the game at this time.  The US path is to the Carriers, and they are a multi tasking job doing 4 or 5 things at once and difficult at hitting moving targets. 

Sign in to follow this