Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Swadian

Henri IV builds in 2020 meta?

Henri IV Legendary or other builds?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. What build is best in Henri IV?

• UU + MBM3
    • UU + GFCS2
    • CSM + MBM3
    • CSM + GFCS2
    • SGM3 + MBM3
    • SGM3 + GFCS2

15 comments in this topic

[DIEBL]
Members
67 posts
5,460 battles

What build would you recommend for an aggressive Henri IV player? I've found myself getting citadelled by BBs all too often.

[CVA16]
Members
5,650 posts
17,385 battles
On 1/12/2020 at 4:56 PM, Swadian said:

What build would you recommend for an aggressive Henri IV player? I've found myself getting citadelled by BBs all too often.

With the recent nerf, its looks like getting citadeled will be even more common. May require a full rethink on play style.

[CPU]
Beta Testers
4 posts
3,198 battles

After Wargaming completely destroyed the Henri, I don't think this ship is even playable  now.

• Cool 2

[CVA16]
Members
5,650 posts
17,385 battles
On 1/16/2020 at 6:19 PM, YugoGV said:

After Wargaming completely destroyed the Henri, I don't think this ship is even playable  now.

Certainly not in clan battles. There will always be a better choice to bring. 

[THREE]
Members
2,452 posts
13,605 battles
On 1/16/2020 at 7:19 PM, YugoGV said:

Hey

Henri got the YueYang sledge hammer.  Shame Wargaming can't seem to do anything within reason when it comes to Nerf's; but you can bet your sweet stern if it was a Russian boat it wouldn't get treated like these two have.

Pete

[CVA16]
Members
5,650 posts
17,385 battles

I'm thinking the best build is to put it into drydock and turn it into a memorial. At least make a few coin from the tourists wanting to look at a once great ship. Dream of glories past.

[SPTR]
Members
27,184 posts
16,907 battles

Henri is very under performing since its nerf earlier this year, Im really sad about this as someone that main'd Henri for tier 10 random battles.

[CVA16]
Members
5,650 posts
17,385 battles
On 1/16/2020 at 4:33 PM, Swadian said:

Is IFHE Henri still relevant in 2020?

Is the Henri still relevant in 2020? 

You had and extra word in your question.

I noticed from Sub-Oct's comments that WG holds this gutting as an example of a good nerf. Hoping their spreadsheet shows the precipitous drop in anyone playing the ship in hopes that they will roll it back a bit.  But I also hoped there would be no subs.:fish_panic: 

Edited by Sabot_100

[TSF]
Members
195 posts
12,117 battles

I left the game when they nerfed Henri's acceleration. I recently came back briefly to give it a try. Henri IV is hot garbage now. The IFHE nerf took away its ability to melt ships, with a MASSIVE nerf to fire chance, making IFHE a punitive choice. The acceleration nerf is a HEAVY hit. I tried to play her, but every time the engine was shot out with dcp down, the ship slows down so much, and takes sooooo long to get back up to speed, you're dead before you can get going again. And god help you if you touch the border, you will never get her moving again. Run into an island during evasive maneuvers? You're dead. WG took what was once a fun and useful ship, and destroyed it. Between the acceleration nerf, and the IFHE nerf, WG smashed Henri as hard as they smashed Yueyang.

It's not worth playing now. Neither the ship, nor the game. 

[CVA16]
Members
5,650 posts
17,385 battles
1 hour ago, Litigo_1970 said:

It's not worth playing now. Neither the ship, nor the game. 

Pretty much on the ship. I wouldn't base my whole game experience on the gutting of one ship (unless that was your only T10). WG has decided they want everyone to play something else.

Is it useless? No. But there are generally much better, more fun, choices out there. It has become a very rare event to even see one in a game.

I do bring mine out of mothballs for snowflake events.

• Cool 1

[THREE]
Members
2,452 posts
13,605 battles
On 9/4/2020 at 9:27 AM, Sabot_100 said:

Pretty much on the ship. I wouldn't base my whole game experience on the gutting of one ship (unless that was your only T10). WG has decided they want everyone to play something else.

Is it useless? No. But there are generally much better, more fun, choices out there. It has become a very rare event to even see one in a game.

I do bring mine out of mothballs for snowflake events.

Hey

What he said, nicely put.

Pete

[NOCAP]
[NOCAP]
Members
330 posts
20,055 battles

Unfortunately, no matter the build, there are currently other nations that do everything Henry could, but better, and more fun. 

The only big seller for it still is the main reload booster coupled with the unique upgrade allowing you 10s reload time, and with MRB active, you can pump out 3x vollies with it instead of 2x. 

Crazy good in the right situation, but the UU forces you to play farther back, like a Yoshino; and Yoshino just does this role much better.

Currently, even I am setting it aside :( a sad day indeed...

Luckily, the Colbert, all the french BBs, and the french DDs are still relevant, and more fun to play.

Edited by Mr_Secondaries
  • Cool 1

[CVA16]
Members
5,650 posts
17,385 battles
On 12/8/2020 at 1:26 PM, Mr_Secondaries said:

The only big seller for it still is the main reload booster coupled with the unique upgrade allowing you 10s reload time, and with MRB active, you can pump out 3x vollies with it instead of 2x. 

Now try to imagine grinding for that unique upgrade if you don't already have it. Very painful. All so you can eventually have a few instances of spectacular DPM each game while being a subpar ship 90% of the time. What masochist would do this?

Really sorry I ground the French CA line out now. Mostly based on getting to the Henri. Like Icarus, it rose too close the Sun (Stalingrad) so  had to fall to earth for its impertinence.

Sigh

Edited by Sabot_100

Sign in to follow this