You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
mumphred

Tickets for player misconduct

31 comments in this topic

[RAGE]
Members
410 posts
6,506 battles

When is it worth submitting a ticket for player misconduct? I know WG employees dont want to spend a lot of time reviewing violations and I dont want to waste time submitting a ticket that is ignored.

So, what violations are worth reporting with a ticket?

Racial slurs in chat?

Vulgar 4 letter words in chat?

The player who clicks on the mini map 5 times a second for the rest of the match after he dies?  edit-> or for the rest of the match just to be annoying

The player who pushes you broadside out of smoke and towards the enemy?

I've been mostly ignoring it and just using the in game reporting, but I wonder if a ticket is more appropriate for some violations.

Edited by mumphred
  • Funny 1

[--K--]
Members
1,351 posts
11,246 battles

The only one they will actually enforce is “vulgar” language.  If you’re dead, you cannot click on the mini map, and ramming is part of the team kill penalty.  

[WOLFG]
Members
10,477 posts
9,789 battles

1.  Yes.

2.  Run out of tickets, even in coop.

3.  I can't think of a proper punishment I can repeat here.

4.  Yes.

[WORX]
Members
11,361 posts
19,166 battles

The must common one... Harassment after the match is done... Insulting or rage language after the match is over... Port is a neutral spot, free of drama from matches past present or future.

Definitely, harassment after a match should be reported to CS without delay.

Edited by Navalpride33
  • Funny 1

[O7]
Members
1,032 posts
4,900 battles
9 minutes ago, mumphred said:

Racial slurs in chat?

The player who clicks on the mini map 5 times a second for the rest of the match after he dies?  edit-> or for the rest of the match just to be annoying

1: Absolutely, racial slurs should always be punished

2: Depends on the severity, usually results in chat ban for a few days

3: Not punishable

4: The guy was likely just an idiot unless you have a replay to show that he is intentionally griefing you the entire game

• Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,305 posts
6,093 battles
8 minutes ago, mumphred said:

What do you exactly mean by this? A team mate ramming your ship to push you out of the smoke??? Misconduct should be defined as any game play aiming to ruin the game. Shooting your team mates in purpose, tell the reds where a ream mate is located, suiciding the ship, etc... The rest, honestly... I had a few guys insulting me after battles, I don't care, I'm even sorry for them.

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,305 posts
6,093 battles
9 minutes ago, Navalpride33 said:

The must common one... Harassment after the match is done... Insulting or rage language after the match is over... Port is a neutral spot, free of drama from matches past present or future.

No... Just block the user, period.

I played 4000 battles and saw only one real misconduct. Ranked battle, a red Hakuryu just sailed straight to a cap, was destroyed and ruined the battle. That's a total lack of respect because all players then lost 10 minutes playing for nothing.

[RAGE]
Members
410 posts
6,506 battles
9 minutes ago, franz_von_goltz said:

What do you exactly mean by this? A team mate ramming your ship to push you out of the smoke??? Misconduct should be defined as any game play aiming to ruin the game. Shooting your team mates in purpose, tell the reds where a ream mate is located, suiciding the ship, etc... The rest, honestly... I had a few guys insulting me after battles, I don't care, I'm even sorry for them.

I should have added that I see the worst conduct when playing Smolensk. I've been raged at more times than I can count by enemy players and I've been pushed out of smoke 6 or 8 times. I'm sure that some of these were accidents and some were intentional. The last one, a team mate in PR lined up and hit me at a 90 degree angle, in the middle of my ship locking us together for 20-25 seconds. I was an easy target sitting still in smoke.

Edited by mumphred

[WORX]
Members
11,361 posts
19,166 battles
2 minutes ago, franz_von_goltz said:

People need to learn, blocking them futile... I report.. Easy and done.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,260 battles
3 minutes ago, franz_von_goltz said:

I played 4000 battles and saw only one real misconduct. Ranked battle, a red Hakuryu just sailed straight to a cap, was destroyed and ruined the battle. That's a total lack of respect because all players then lost 10 minutes playing for nothing.

You're lucky. I've seen all sorts of misconduct like this, again and again, at all tiers.

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,305 posts
6,093 battles
3 minutes ago, mumphred said:

I should have added that I see the worst conduct when playing Smolensk. I've been raged at more times than I can count by enemy players and I've been pushed out of smoke 6 or 8 times. I'm sure that some of these were accidents and some were intentional. The last one, a team mate in PR lined up and hit me at a 90 degree angle, in the middle of my ship locking us together for 20-25 seconds.

That is real misconduct. It's ruining the game.

[INTEL]
Members
13,459 posts
37,260 battles
8 minutes ago, mumphred said:

I should have added that I see the worst conduct when playing Smolensk. I've been raged at more times than I can count by enemy players and I've been pushed out of smoke 6 or 8 times. I'm sure that some of these were accidents and some were intentional. The last one, a team mate in PR lined up and hit me at a 90 degree angle, in the middle of my ship locking us together for 20-25 seconds.

Playing against Smolensk sucks, it's ruinous for the gaming atmosphere. Of course you are going to get raged at. I always feel sympathy for the players receiving fire from that ship, even if they are on the red team.

• Boring 1

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
27,096 posts
14,720 battles
40 minutes ago, BarneyStyle said:

The only one they will actually enforce is “vulgar” language.  If you’re dead, you cannot click on the mini map, and ramming is part of the team kill penalty.  

I think you meant racial slurs which should be reported in a ticket. For simply swearing just use misbehavior in chat if they spam them and they will eventually be chat banned.

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,305 posts
6,093 battles
31 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

You're lucky. I've seen all sorts of misconduct like this, again and again, at all tiers.

50% of DDs commit suicide the first 5 to 6 minutes and ruin the game... But they do it unintentionally...

[TIGRB]
Members
875 posts
16,877 battles

I don't report unless intentionally team killed. To me words are nothing and I value free speech no matter what is said. I just move forward. The report system is broken and WG has created a Rat ship, A Vessel for sea going snitches. Can't stand that. They report you for anything. Even for being a better player or killing a ship they wanted to kill, etc. I just move forward.

Edited by GSXstage1
misspelling
  • Cool 2

Members
6,729 posts
21,129 battles
6 minutes ago, GSXstage1 said:

The report system is broken and WG has created a Rat ship, A Vessel for sea going snitches. Can't stand that. They report you for anything.

Best post in the last 3 years.

• Cool 3

[WOLFG]
Members
30,577 posts
9,216 battles
On 1/12/2020 at 5:50 PM, mumphred said:

The last one, a team mate in PR lined up and hit me at a 90 degree angle, in the middle of my ship locking us together for 20-25 seconds. 

Lol pot, meet kettle....

[CRPT]
Members
92 posts
5,581 battles

the only ones I bother with, intentional team kills and intentional sabotage, i.e. calling out positions of allies in gen chat. it's an online video game with the usual internet anonymity, just expect [edited]; big talk in the face of no real life consequences encourages small minds to act like they have big cojones and just like real life the best way to handle them is to give them all the attention they've earned, as in none. it's not even worth using your "misbehavior in chat" flags, save those for the racial/ethnic/religious/political/gender/sexual preference slurs. I don't even use my flags then, I save them for reporting AFK (honestly, whatever it is can wait for the max 20 minutes of the match short of a medical emergency)

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
27,457 battles
On 1/12/2020 at 11:49 PM, franz_von_goltz said:

I guess I was in the red team. Sailed into the opposite cap where the team went. Pestering us how much noobs we were and we should uninstall.

On 1/13/2020 at 12:19 AM, BrushWolf said:

I think you meant racial slurs which should be reported in a ticket. For simply swearing just use misbehavior in chat if they spam them and they will eventually be chat banned.

Same here. 

On 1/13/2020 at 12:14 AM, RipNuN2 said:

Revealing allied positions is another good reportable offense. 

Yep

On 1/12/2020 at 11:26 PM, mumphred said:

Could happen, but most are accidents. I had a DD stopping about 100 m in front of my BB and start smoking up. He spend a good time blaming me. I told him, that I had no chance of evading him. He contacted me the next day and said, sorry, was his fault after he watched the replay.

[PIG]
[PIG]
Members
1,305 posts
6,093 battles
3 hours ago, Erebthoron said:

I guess I was in the red team. Sailed into the opposite cap where the team went. Pestering us how much noobs we were and we should uninstall.

Yes, but that you don't care... I wouldn't open a ticket for misconduct because someone wrote I am a noob!!!

[WOLF2]
Members
4,985 posts
20,536 battles
On 1/12/2020 at 3:26 PM, mumphred said:

When is it worth submitting a ticket for player misconduct? I know WG employees dont want to spend a lot of time reviewing violations and I dont want to waste time submitting a ticket that is ignored.

So, what violations are worth reporting with a ticket?

Racial slurs in chat?

I've been mostly ignoring it and just using the in game reporting, but I wonder if a ticket is more appropriate for some violations.

You're first instinct is correct and you should follow it … 

Don't waste everybody's time if it's not that important 

Members
96 posts
6,409 battles
17 hours ago, GSXstage1 said:

......The report system is broken and WG has created a Rat ship, A Vessel for sea going snitches.....

So true. Coddling the hypersensitive has always seemed so ironic in a ‘combat’ game.

Members
1,596 posts
1,286 battles
On 1/12/2020 at 5:33 PM, Navalpride33 said:

Maybe examine your play and reflect on the reasons why so many players are so mad at you after matches.

• Confused 1
  • Boring 1