You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Get_Kraken

My Dockyard - A Memorial

11 comments in this topic

[VANN]
[VANN]
Members
88 posts
3,320 battles

I found checking in on the dockyard animation and descriptions to be a very cool addition to this holiday season in WoWS.  I will honestly be looking forward to when and if the ability to build a new, and possibly somewhat more obtainable, ship returns.

I played a lot of games to complete 3 sets of Directives and a bunch of dailies to get some free boosters and my Gorizia, but pretty much gave up on going any further due to an impending feeling of futility in facing another set of formidable progress bars.  So alas, with only about 14 hours left and not having bought 24,000 gold worth of boosters, I don't think I am going to make it.  I did not build a spreadsheet to calculate completion times and confirm this, but I am pretty sure I will fall short. 

However, I did want to memorialize the state of my Puerto Rico here, even if she is unfinished.  She has a completed hull and propulsion, and I wish I could take her into Co-op and use her to ram some bots and complete "potential damage" missions.  A bonus is that with so little superstructure, it is literally impossible for her to take 10K salvoes above the hull and it should be much harder for enemies to set her on fire.

On second thought, a fun event might be a "Demolition Derby" style contest in which we can ram each other's uncompleted PR's until one final victor remains floating?  It could be a cool way to test a new ramming dynamic in which each ship does not automatically die on first contact - which I personally think has always been the goofiest part of the game.

Anyhow, adios to my 66% Puerto Rico.  You would still cost more gold for me to buy now (25,000 gold after the effort of grinding completing four of six stages?) than what the paid boosters would have cost, so my wallet will unfortunately have to remain untapped. You may soon be gone from my client, but you will live on for a while longer in my heart.  I truly hope all of the tiny welders can go on break now and get some rest.  :cap_wander:

PS - please feel free to share the state of your dockyard here, to memorialize your X% Puerto Rico (or what a completed one looks like, too), if the spirit so moves you. 

I, for one, will be grateful to have gotten some dockyard swag and a free Tier VII ship, at least, for falling short.

Capture.JPG

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
825 posts
7,408 battles

Mine will join many others that were in progress at the end of World War 2, notably BB-65 and BB-66. Those two are USS Illinois and USS Kentucky, and would have been the last two Iowa class battleships.

Still feel bitter every time I go into the Dock Yard to collect a prize, seeing a hull that will never be finished for me. I don't even feel like clicking on the build stages to see the different steps animate, which sucks because their art department really did a great job. Such a cool event, with awful execution and wasted by greed.

shot-20.01.12_16.48.01-0445.jpg

Edited by Diesel_Thunder

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
4,782 posts
16,897 battles

My ship builders went on strike so sadly the USS Puerto Rico will not be completed in my ship yard. Something about labor arbitration and not enough time to complete on schedule. So will take a screen shot tonight and remember fondly.

[SLDR]
Members
279 posts
11,119 battles

My hull floated out.  It was sad watching it float out, knowing it will never complete...

Annotation 2020-01-12 185404.jpg

[-ST-]
Members
160 posts
8,342 battles

aint going to make it either about 3 days short by my reckoning

memorial.JPG

[SRPH]
[SRPH]
Members
1,114 posts
4,173 battles
6 hours ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

Mine will join many others that were in progress at the end of World War 2, notably BB-65 and BB-66. Those two are USS Illinois and USS Kentucky, and would have been the last two Iowa class battleships.

Still feel bitter every time I go into the Dock Yard to collect a prize, seeing a hull that will never be finished for me. I don't even feel like clicking on the build stages to see the different steps animate, which sucks because their art department really did a great job. Such a cool event, with awful execution and wasted by greed.

shot-20.01.12_16.48.01-0445.jpg

I'm about in the same spot...Puerto Rico, we hardly knew ye!