You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
LaurenBacall

Puerto Rico Warp Up Questions

18 comments in this topic

[BOMBS]
Members
121 posts
11,034 battles

So..with all three premium boosters and grinding the first three directives, it looks like I'm coming up short about 6 hours before the clock runs out to get the final Stage for PR. Currently the "complete for" button reads, "15,000 doubloons".  A couple of questions:

a. What happens with the clock stops? Most importantly, will the PR still be available to complete?

b. If so, what will the cost be? I certainly hope its not 15k doubloons, given I've already spent 24k db on it through the premiums.

c. If it's still 15k doubloons, is this the moment when I walk away feeling I got royally screwed by WGing?

(p.s. I tried for a refund after reading about it here, but was told I missed the "cut-off" - whatever that means - by 1 day...)

The world wonders...

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
8,048 posts
7 minutes ago, LaurenBacall said:

So..with all three premium boosters and grinding the first three directives, it looks like I'm coming up short about 6 hours before the clock runs out to get the final Stage for PR. Currently the "complete for" button reads, "15,000 doubloons".  A couple of questions:

a. What happens with the clock stops? Most importantly, will the PR still be available to complete?

b. If so, what will the cost be? I certainly hope its not 15k doubloons, given I've already spent 24k db on it through the premiums.

c. If it's still 15k doubloons, is this the moment when I walk away feeling I got royally screwed by WGing?

(p.s. I tried for a refund after reading about it here, but was told I missed the "cut-off" - whatever that means - by 1 day...)

The world wonders...

a. The event is over. No. 

b. See a.

c. That's up to you.

It is just like every other ship event.  When it is over, the ship is no longer available.  It might be available again at some point in the future, but it will likely be a while.

[LOU1]
Members
4,207 posts
12,384 battles

The only completion option other than the 15k Doubloons at this point is trying to complete another Directive (and today's Daily Missions) to buy another standard booster.  That is, if 2.5M will get you the ship - 6 hours short seems like it might.  You could also PM @Femennenly or one of the other mods and see if CS can look at your refund request again.  There was a lot of activity on the forum starting a few days before the event on all of this that you apparently missed for some reason.  The reasons you missed the weeks of discussion might constitute reasonable extenuating circumstances meriting reconsideration of your refund request.  As it is, you at least got some of he rewards along the way and the  ship will be offered again.

I only bought two boosters, but used the WOWS Spreadsheet to determine that I needed to do the first three Directives and complete the Dailies to buy up through the fifth booster.  Even so, I played with an eye to marathon completing Directive four in case the calculations were off.  Fortunately, she was completed about an hour-and-a-half ago.  I feel for you, this was a stressful Campaign.

Edited by ExploratorOne

[PVE]
Members
20,069 posts
12,754 battles
14 minutes ago, LaurenBacall said:

The world wonders...

13 minutes ago, Burnsy said:

a. The event is over. No. 

b. See a.

c. That's up to you.

It is just like every other ship event.  When it is over, the ship is no longer available.  It might be available again at some point in the future, but it will likely be a while.

Unfortunately, this.

A: The Dockyard stays until 9.1 drops on Wednesday, February 12th. Only the instant CP bonuses work after 2AM PST if you get more Token boosts.

B: 15k dubs. You do get the rest of the rewards, so there is steel and coal at the end. Don't know if that will be worth the $60 for finishing the PR.

C: I completely understand being pissed that the 24k dubs you already spent are not enough to finish the PR. Crap move on WGs part.

Yeah, the cut off for the refund was right around Christmas. The Dockyard is a great concept, but was horribly implemented.

• Cool 2

[7CR]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters
429 posts
644 battles

I'm a 'concept' thinker, not a 'details' thinker.  That being said I was unable to figure out what I needed to do to get more than the 5 daily boosters.  I think WG would've done better for all of us by simply implementing

"Fight 5 battles, get 1 token"

"Win 3 battles, get 1 token"

Any interested player who simply played the game would've been able to earn a decent amount of shipbuilding tokens that way.

[PVE]
Members
20,069 posts
12,754 battles
1 minute ago, GeisterKatze said:

I'm a 'concept' thinker, not a 'details' thinker.  That being said I was unable to figure out what I needed to do to get more than the 5 daily boosters.  I think WG would've done better for all of us by simply implementing

"Fight 5 battles, get 1 token"

"Win 3 battles, get 1 token"

Any interested player who simply played the game would've been able to earn a decent amount of shipbuilding tokens that way.

WG first, needed to put out the details on what boosts were needed when, before the patch dropped on Dec 11th.

Second, WG needed to have a calculator before the patch came out so people could play with various boosts and see what they would get.

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,933 posts
4,696 battles
33 minutes ago, LaurenBacall said:

The world wonders...

Hmm the ship is alright I did the same as you though I followed that timeline they set out for the event. The only thing that stands out really is the 4 batteries of 305 and the secondaries which are accurate. I would just complete it as you already put $100 in already. Best of luck

[BOMBS]
Members
121 posts
11,034 battles

Thanks, all. I'm time-constrained, what with the NFL and all this weekend. Just dropped the 15k and now have a PR, plus the steel. Yay.

Wargaming, take note..."Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..."

And I should have known better than to fork over dbs without more concrete data.

• Cool 1

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
1,933 posts
4,696 battles
5 minutes ago, LaurenBacall said:

Thanks, all. I'm time-constrained, what with the NFL and all this weekend. Just dropped the 15k and now have a PR, plus the steel. Yay.

Wargaming, take note..."Fool me once, shame on you, fool me twice..."

And I should have known better than to fork over dbs without more concrete data.

Hey I am not gonna be spending myself for awhile just sayin as I am still mad at them over this event.

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,502 battles

One way to look at it to make it less painful is to subtract the value of all the coal, steel, camo's, signals, containers, Gorizia etc you got along the way. Look at it this way its not such a horrible deal, in fact not to bad a deal for a t10 ship that is decent if you at least finished the first three phases. More so if you did not burn up a lot of your signals and flags along the way. Some might argue the rewards are almost1/2 the  value of the ship.

[PVE]
Members
20,069 posts
12,754 battles
1 minute ago, Frigate007 said:

One way to look at it to make it less painful is to subtract the value of all the coal, steel, camo's, signals, containers, Gorizia etc you got along the way. Look at it this way its not such a horrible deal, in fact not to bad a deal for a t10 ship that is decent if you at least finished the first three phases. More so if you did not burn up a lot of your signals and flags along the way. Some might argue the rewards are almost1/2 the  value of the ship.

That is true as you get something like 20k coal, 2k steel, and two T8 perma-camos for DDs, CL/CAs, or BBs, excluding special ships like ARP and HSF, plus the other stuff.

0 posts
1 hour ago, LaurenBacall said:

it's still 15k doubloons, is this the moment when I walk away feeling I got royally screwed by WGing?

You walk away feeling royally screwed. Take it as a lesson for the future, in your interactions with WG/WOWS.

ftr : WG never offers true refunds, it only offers store credit (doublons). For a true refund, you can contact your bank/paypal/steam, but be warned, WG will not like this and may take action against your account, so be sure to contact Support with a ticket if you are thinking about this route.

Beta Testers
692 posts
4,978 battles

Shame it's going to be close, but will not get there by playing free.   I did finish 4 directives and 3 of #5 and all free boosts other than the last 2.

PayRico.JPG

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,322 posts
7,757 battles
23 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

That is true as you get something like 20k coal, 2k steel, and two T8 perma-camos for DDs, CL/CAs, or BBs, excluding special ships like ARP and HSF, plus the other stuff.

I went ahead and dropped the 15k on her after getting as far as the final stage. I bought two boosters worth and ground as much as I could to get there (Stayed away from trashbote Gorizia) I figured the cost offset by the coal steel and other rewards will offset the cost somewhat got more flags and camos than I know what to do with. Time will tell.....

[BS]
Members
1,988 posts
11,128 battles
13 minutes ago, Jim_Byrnes said:

I went ahead and dropped the 15k on her after getting as far as the final stage. I bought two boosters worth and ground as much as I could to get there (Stayed away from trashbote Gorizia) I figured the cost offset by the coal steel and other rewards will offset the cost somewhat got more flags and camos than I know what to do with. Time will tell.....

same with me... i got lucky on 7x big containers and got 6,000 doubloons,  so i bought the first booster. i figured might as well just get the second so i can get PR for 15,000 doubloons. if there wasn't 2,000 steel and 15,000 coal I wouldn't have done it though. But I was able to get Bourgogne with my coupon, yay. Getting close to 200k steel now, so I'll have smolensk in a few weeks. I need to keep grinding credits for the T5-T7 tech tree coal flakes ugh.

• Cool 1

[GOBI]
Members
1,087 posts
4,502 battles

I also went ahead and spent 15k gold for her. Was only going to get 31/36. Have played her a dozen or so times in co op naked, impressive ship. Better than I thought she would be. Even in short battles (under 4.5 minutes) can rack up over 100k damage easy and does she ever citidal other ships! Getting more than any other ship by far! BB's, CA's, CL's, does not matter. Also very tanky if you angle right. I find her very accurate and that she hits hard even at range. 20k salvo at 20 kilometers on a t10 BB, what's not to like? Dev strikes galore at under 12k. Anyone on the fence I would take the leap if you can afford it.