You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
JaysUsedBoatParts

How too BISMARK?

13 comments in this topic

Banned
715 posts
1,092 battles

Ok so you guys were dead nuts with the ROON advice. Thank you very much. How about the Bizz.? 

Thank you in advance kind peoples.

Edited by JaysUsedBoatParts

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,714 posts
19,912 battles

Pick your fights. Bismarck gets exponentially more dangerous the longer the battle lasts. Pushing in early will get you focused and killed, but during the late match you can just move in and bully people. Your hydro is a powerful tool for ferreting out destroyers in smoke. Your armor profile works better the closer you get, but can be vulnerable to citadels at range. Keep your angles in mind.

• Cool 3

[SIM]
Members
5,406 posts
8,897 battles

You can trust Lert's advice on Bismarck. Not just because he's completely correct, but because his face is on the side of the ship.

shot-20.01.12_12.47.40-0003.jpg

• Funny 2

[-UCS-]
Members
102 posts
10,492 battles
55 minutes ago, Lert said:

Your armor profile works better the closer you get, but can be vulnerable to citadels at range. Keep your angles in mind.

^^^ This. 
Last night I was bow tanking a Mass and a Tirpitz at 8 km, good angles on both, keeping the Tirp outside of torp range. (Full disclosure: I was paired with a Russian T8 BB)  Meanwhile a Warspite at about 14km was tearing big chunks off me. We killed both Mass and Tirp then I was able to finally turn and get out of range of the Warspite with about 500 HP left. 

Edited by sdj_2016

[KNCOL]
Members
812 posts
1,888 battles

What builds are there for bismarck? I know there is the secondary build but idk if I want to go full secondarys 

Banned
715 posts
1,092 battles
5 minutes ago, sdj_2016 said:

^^^ This. 
Last night I was bow tanking a Mass and a Tirpitz at 8 km, good angles on both, keeping the Tirp outside of torp range. (Full disclosure: I was paired with a Russian T8 BB)  Meanwhile a Warspite at about 14km was tearing big chunks off me. We killed both Mass and Tirp then I was able to finally turn and get out of range of the Warspite with about 500 HP left. 

send me that replay if you can, sounds entertaining 

Edited by JaysUsedBoatParts

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,714 posts
19,912 battles
31 minutes ago, Koogus said:

What builds are there for bismarck? I know there is the secondary build but idk if I want to go full secondarys 

jzlYAWY.jpg

This is my Bismarck build.

As for not knowing if you don't want to go full secondaries - why not? No, really, why wouldn't you? If you want a cookie-cutter generic battleship build go drive any of the other T8 battleships. Secondaries + Hydro is the entire point of Bismarck. If you want to drive something else you can pick any of the other T8 battleships.

• Cool 1

[DEV_X]
Alpha Tester
2,495 posts
24,849 battles

This applies for all German Battleships:

Dont get excited about your secondaries. They can and will do damage for you but it's not worth it until later in the match. Alot of people think secondary brawler and want to just charge in which is just going to get you focused fired by the enemy. Those secondaries will come into play when you're in 1 v 1, end of game time frame.

So in the meantime be ok with relatively lower damage scores from your main battery at first. You'll take plenty of shots that will give you 1 pen out of 8 rounds but you're not in NC or Amagi for example where you may get better damage initially. 

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
24,714 posts
19,912 battles
Just now, Skuggsja said:

They can and will do damage for you but it's not worth it until later in the match. Alot of people think secondary brawler and want to just charge in which is just going to get you focused fired by the enemy. Those secondaries will come into play when you're in 1 v 1, end of game time frame.

This. They are a tool, and like any tool, they work best when used right and at the right moment.

[WOLFC]
Members
2,000 posts
10,434 battles
1 hour ago, Koogus said:

I run a hybrid secondary-survival build on my Bismarck. There's just too much HE spam at higher tiers to forgo any survivability skills. Also, I've never found the 10% ROF buff to secondaries from BFT to be worth 3 points, and I didn't run IFHE even before the 105mm guns got a penetration buff.

1895969836_Bismarck19ptCaptain.thumb.png.3606518eeac313618885416f77110858.png

1079979250_BismarckBuild.jpg.94fd53659f71c34223c8522640d8f9a8.jpg

[SSG]
Alpha Tester
5,194 posts
12,101 battles

Pretty much what Lert said because while back in the day you did not want to see German doom fortresses on the other team (hydro to defeat the 'OP' IJN torps, good close range armour, and IFHE didn't exist so cruisers had to actually shoot the superstructure meaning bow on at them they had a very small target) - IFHE and the rise of 152 mm cruisers has drastically curbed them from being that Maus's of WoWs that's just a damage soaking brick. 

Broken down to a role - German BB's are cruiser killers. Secondaries can do work vs BB's sure but they really eat up cruisers and DD's. More so when they had AP 15 cm guns that could citadel them. However you may on some ships wish to use HE at close range - point blank vs a Leander I put a broadside of AP in him at the waterline and close to it, all overpen's leaving him alive to torp me. HE would have done a bit more damage, maybe disabled the torps. Also be wary of lunatics like me in USN CA - cruisers can bounce 15 inch shells, and I have gotten in behind Bismarck and the others where few secondaries can aim and hit, and just slam AP rounds in to the Ceaser turret base. And another drawback to her armour is she eats pens - a  lot. 

[WOLFG]
Members
964 posts

Bismark was the first ship I put a 19 pt. Captain on a long time ago.  I speced it for secondaries. It now sits in port except for CoOP when I drag it out for secondaries Directives.  Since she is a tier VIII it sees allot of tier X Random games.  You roll in too fast to use your secondaries and you are toast.  In a game where your team never gets an upper hand (and your in a good position) you might as well play Tiddly Winks.  Hate to say it, but the ship has been completely left in the dust.