You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Armkreuz

The Dock Yard

20 comments in this topic

[O_S_D]
Members
120 posts
11,734 battles

I don't want to ALWAYS complain about WoWs. I like to give an attaboy occasionally too. Although PR has been a beaten into your ears (As it should have been but no fault of the programmers) I like to also give credit where credit is due. The dockyard is one of the most amazing things World Of Warships programmers have done to date. You all KNOW what the people think about the IMPLEMENTAION of the P.R. event. I do not have to beat that dead horse again, but the work your programmers have done with the dockyard is absolutely mesmerizing. I am amazed at how much like a real ship being built it really is. I do actually know about this. I actually know about 2 things that are going on here. In fact I use to write programs for our AutoCAD designers at a respected military equipment manufacturer.. So I know what the programmers had to do to get what they have AND I know how a ship goes together. So for THAT. I say to World Of Warships crew. Great Job. KEEP the dockyard. Implement an actual ship that CAN be achieved by the average person. Make it fun again to earn a ship. I think you got something there. Use it right.

• Cool 6

[WORX]
Members
11,425 posts
19,183 battles

The dreaded wall of txt... Allow me...

I don't want to ALWAYS complain about WoWs. I like to give an attaboy occasionally too. Although PR has been a beaten into your ears (As it should have been but no fault of the programmers) I like to also give credit where credit is due.

The dockyard is one of the most amazing things World Of Warships programmers have done to date. You all KNOW what the people think about the IMPLEMENTAION of the P.R. event. I do not have to beat that dead horse again, but the work your programmers have done with the dockyard is absolutely mesmerizing.

I am amazed at how much like a real ship being built it really is. I do actually know about this. I actually know about 2 things that are going on here. In fact I use to write programs for our AutoCAD designers at a respected military equipment manufacturer..

So I know what the programmers had to do to get what they have AND I know how a ship goes together. So for THAT. I say to World Of Warships crew. Great Job. KEEP the dockyard. Implement an actual ship that CAN be achieved by the average person. Make it fun again to earn a ship.

I think you got something there. Use it right.

Ah... Much better..

• Cool 3
  • Funny 1
  • Boring 1

[PHD]
Members
1,690 posts
7,036 battles

A thing I like on the Black Sea Port that I wish was incorporated into others is that when on the container ship you can see your in port ship in the background. Cool!

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
6,765 posts
16,201 battles
1 hour ago, Armkreuz said:

I like to also give credit where credit is due. The dockyard is one of the most amazing things World Of Warships programmers have done to date...the work your programmers have done with the dockyard is absolutely mesmerizing....So for THAT. I say to World Of Warships crew. Great Job. KEEP the dockyard.

You have a point, here.

1 hour ago, Armkreuz said:

Navalpride33...

Reading hurts your brain I see. You are probably just constipated. Take an Ex-Lax.

Ahhh Much Better.

@Navalpride33 also had a valid point.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
4,661 posts
20,600 battles
2 hours ago, Armkreuz said:

I don't want to ALWAYS complain about WoWs. I like to give an attaboy occasionally too. Although PR has been a beaten into your ears (As it should have been but no fault of the programmers) I like to also give credit where credit is due. The dockyard is one of the most amazing things World Of Warships programmers have done to date. You all KNOW what the people think about the IMPLEMENTAION of the P.R. event. I do not have to beat that dead horse again, but the work your programmers have done with the dockyard is absolutely mesmerizing. I am amazed at how much like a real ship being built it really is. I do actually know about this. I actually know about 2 things that are going on here. In fact I use to write programs for our AutoCAD designers at a respected military equipment manufacturer.. So I know what the programmers had to do to get what they have AND I know how a ship goes together. So for THAT. I say to World Of Warships crew. Great Job. KEEP the dockyard. Implement an actual ship that CAN be achieved by the average person. Make it fun again to earn a ship. I think you got something there. Use it right.

Let me see If I understand your comment in red?  Their programmers and development team built a new tool that is actually designed not to be of any tangible benefit to the 85% of us in the random distribution......  For the top 16% it was a whale spending adventure; and, a Purple player horrendous spend AND grind for an average CA.....  For the bottom 16% of so, some quit, most ignore it and took whatever was free, a few nearly hurt themselves attempting the just about impossible grinds; and, a few other spent money and then had buyers remorse...........  For those in the 66% in the middle, life just went on with some looking and doing what the lower 16% did and a few other took the upper 16% route....

Amazing............seriously?  Seriously AMAXING, would be new maps, new modes, new campaigns and new and repaired old scenarios......  Quality programming that generates revenue because it is AMAZING to be part of for all of us ! You know, that "holy crap" that was fun new stuff based in Naval Histories......not, gimmick arcade stuff.   No, what this is is gimmick programming that is just that: a sales gimmick that takes money, reduces population versus quality programming that adds more players than it loses......  

The dock yard is just another gimmick and sales tool to "compel" those whom can't "just say no...."   Want to bet what the percentage of whale sales were???  If we another PR event, that would imply that this PR event maximized the population of the upper 16%.......!!!  Look, there are what 72+ players now in the "hall of Fame"...........  72 out of 12,000 or so?  That's not even 1% of the server population I'm on.......  Is 1% AMAZING ????   After a year of out right debacle after debacle....it makes one wonder what the 2020 goals are?  I'd bet we'll see the "Golden" consumables later this year as we have discussed before.....  Amazing, IMO, it isn't.

Edited by Asym_KS
  • Cool 2

[O_S_D]
Members
120 posts
11,734 battles
18 minutes ago, Asym_KS said:

Seriously AMAXING, would be new maps, new modes, new campaigns and new and repaired old scenarios...

I agree 100%, but you have to understand the Programmers are at the mercy of management. What you are saying is like this....A company wants to make a whole lot of money. They have an idea for an amazing product. They hire an engineer to design it. After the product is designed the company uses it for something OTHER than the engineer intended. DO YOU blame the engineer who got paid to design it OR the company that implemented it wrong? The programmer is a worker who is TOLD what to do. It goes back to the old saying don't blame the messenger. They are only delivering what they were told to deliver. The PROGRAMMERS not management DESERVED an attaboy for excellent work. MANAGEMENT deserves the backhand for their greed. I stand by what I said in my post. I DO agree with your anger though about how it was implemented. They got me too. Not only with P.R. but with the Black Friday event.

• Cool 1

[HELLS]
Members
2,729 posts
28,907 battles
2 hours ago, Armkreuz said:

Navalpride33...

Reading hurts your brain I see. You are probably just constipated. Take an Ex-Lax.

Ahhh Much Better.

..you took the words out of my mouth...

• Cool 2
  • Boring 1

Beta Testers
17 posts
1,163 battles

So, I'm just getting back into the game and am wondering if this ship building thing is worth it. I'm not up on all the hype, but have a question: how many containers do you need to purchase in order to complete this, or is that even possible?

Thanks in advance.

[PVE]
Members
4,661 posts
20,600 battles
59 minutes ago, Armkreuz said:

I agree 100%, but you have to understand the Programmers are at the mercy of management. What you are saying is like this....A company wants to make a whole lot of money. They have an idea for an amazing product. They hire an engineer to design it. After the product is designed the company uses it for something OTHER than the engineer intended. DO YOU blame the engineer who got paid to design it OR the company that implemented it wrong? The programmer is a worker who is TOLD what to do. It goes back to the old saying don't blame the messenger. They are only delivering what they were told to deliver. The PROGRAMMERS not management DESERVED an attaboy for excellent work. MANAGEMENT deserves the backhand for their greed. I stand by what I said in my post. I DO agree with your anger though about how it was implemented. They got me too. Not only with P.R. but with the Black Friday event.

I really do understand the "situation" they are in.....  Being retired with a lot of "computer stuff" in the long journey keeps be grounded in "all that is wrong in corporate processes....."   "Value" is when there is a perception of change that benefits the culture that change serves........  In this case, most of 2019 was a negative experience with many of us having close in-game friends leave.........we lost "value" in every mistake....  So, the programmers aren't the decision makers and we agree on that.  The corporation itself is reinventing itself it seems into a simpler, arcade shooter........that requires less programmers..........and, nothing but gimmicks for their sales paradigm.....  So sad.

[O_S_D]
Members
120 posts
11,734 battles
3 hours ago, HEAVEYGEAR said:

So, I'm just getting back into the game and am wondering if this ship building thing is worth it. I'm not up on all the hype, but have a question: how many containers do you need to purchase in order to complete this, or is that even possible?

Thanks in advance.

There was a few videos on you tube that explained how many doubloons it took to purchase it outright. If I am not mistaken it took over 50,000 doubloons. 25,000 doubloons is 100 dollars. It was over 200 bucks I believe. If that is wrong, some of these other guys will correct it. It's over today though. Will not matter. Don't waste your cash.

• Cool 1

[USCGC]
[USCGC]
Members
826 posts
7,409 battles
55 minutes ago, Armkreuz said:

There was a few videos on you tube that explained how many doubloons it took to purchase it outright. If I am not mistaken it took over 50,000 doubloons. 25,000 doubloons is 100 dollars. It was over 200 bucks I believe. If that is wrong, some of these other guys will correct it. It's over today though. Will not matter. Don't waste your cash.

59,000 doubloons total. The boosters cost 24,000, and the finish it now price after buying the three boosters was 35,000 doubloons.

59,000 doubloons = $236

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Members
1,652 posts
11,669 battles
5 hours ago, Asym_KS said:

Amazing............seriously?  Seriously AMAXING, would be new maps, new modes, new campaigns and new and repaired old scenarios......  Quality programming that generates revenue because it is AMAZING to be part of for all of us ! You know, that "holy crap" that was fun new stuff based in Naval Histories......not, gimmick arcade stuff.  

Why not both?    Yep, I'm missing a good map (or three), or a few new scenarios.    Would love to see something new come out on the playing field.

But, I did like the visual candy of the ship building process.   My only complaint was that the camera was fixed.   It would have been great to have a free-flying camera that'd allow you to look closely at the areas being built.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
4,661 posts
20,600 battles
2 hours ago, DiddleDum said:

Why not both?    Yep, I'm missing a good map (or three), or a few new scenarios.    Would love to see something new come out on the playing field.

But, I did like the visual candy of the ship building process.   My only complaint was that the camera was fixed.   It would have been great to have a free-flying camera that'd allow you to look closely at the areas being built.

Honestly, no.........  If I want to she how combat vessels are built, I'd go to Google and seriously look....  All that time was wasted to "compel spending" vis-a'-vis provide "quality entertainment"....  Last year was  hopeless.  A train wreck for several good friends that have departed and a huge let down for the few that remain....  Can they do better?  Sure they can.  But, since they won't even talk to us as customers, the chances of good two way communications are nil.

[O_S_D]
Members
120 posts
11,734 battles
3 hours ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

59,000 doubloons total. The boosters cost 24,000, and the finish it now price after buying the three boosters was 35,000 doubloons.

59,000 doubloons = $236

Thanks. I knew it was way over 200 bucks.

[O_S_D]
Members
120 posts
11,734 battles
2 hours ago, DiddleDum said:

Yea....I liked the concept of the Dockyard too. Thought it was interesting to watch. I hope they implement it without all the greed. Would be fun to watch as you progress. It' would be kind of like putting a model together then getting to sail her. Just my 2 cents worth.

Beta Testers
17 posts
1,163 battles
23 hours ago, Armkreuz said:

22 hours ago, Diesel_Thunder said:

59,000 doubloons = $236

Really not surprised it cost that much. 

Thanks for the info!

[XCOM]
Beta Testers
131 posts
245 battles
On 1/12/2020 at 2:25 PM, Armkreuz said:

This comment brings up the tv and comic strip series Dilbert.