You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Tpaktop2_1

Question - Naval Battles - Excluding premiums?

9 comments in this topic

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,676 posts
20,716 battles

I know there is no tree for the Pan-Asian cruisers and Italian battleships, however why exclude those premium ships from the Naval Battles format? My thought is if you got them, play them. I play premiums for other nations in Naval Battles format. Why exclude these premiums? Does premiums make that much of a difference for the naval battles format?

shot-20.01.11_16.41.35-0164.jpg

[EQRN]
Members
2,130 posts
18,633 battles

If one clan has premiums and the other doesn't, it makes a PTW scenario where the premium'd clan can win stars easier than the non-premium'd clan.  Now, how many clans have zero premiums amongst its members?  But there it is, tech tree only ships.

[_RNG_]
Supertester
3,176 posts
5,476 battles

Imagine if the winning difference in a naval battle came from a Graf Zep or the upcoming PA BB Baije. It wouldn't be a competetion of who plays more ships, it would be who has the most rare ships. Ships value would in part come from naval battles which would not end well for sure.

[RLGN]
Members
14,921 posts
26,442 battles

Except Naval Battles DOES allow premiums.

Naval Battles isn’t a direct competition, outside collecting stars. Your clan can get a RN destroyer star for 200 bxp, and the other clan can also get a RN destroyer star for 200 bxp.

The only requirements are; 1; the ship used must come from a Navy and class with a full line tree; for example; Belfast is a premium RN cruiser, but the RN has a full cruiser line, so it can be used; and, 2; you need to equal or exceed the current block level to get a star; 200 bxp, for example.

I use Anshan for a PA destroyer star, Murmansk, Marblehead, and Exeter for RU, USN, and RN cruiser stars, Ark Royal for an RN carrier star, and Red October for an RU battleship star.

Edited by Estimated_Prophet

[PVE]
Members
20,021 posts
12,740 battles
57 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

I know there is no tree for the Pan-Asian cruisers and Italian battleships, however why exclude those premium ships from the Naval Battles format? My thought is if you got them, play them. I play premiums for other nations in Naval Battles format. Why exclude these premiums? Does premiums make that much of a difference for the naval battles format?

shot-20.01.11_16.41.35-0164.jpg

31 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

If one clan has premiums and the other doesn't, it makes a PTW scenario where the premium'd clan can win stars easier than the non-premium'd clan.  Now, how many clans have zero premiums amongst its members?  But there it is, tech tree only ships.

This^^^

9 minutes ago, Estimated_Prophet said:

Except Naval Battles DOES allow premiums.

Naval Battles isn’t a direct competition, outside collecting stars. Your clan can get a RN destroyer star for 200 bxp, and the other clan can also get a RN destroyer star for 200 bxp.

The only requirements are; 1; the ship used must come from a Navy and class with a full line tree; for example; Belfast is a premium RN cruiser, but the RN has a full cruiser line, so it can be used; and, 2; you need to equal or exceed the current block level to get a star; 200 bxp, for example.

I use Anshan for a PA destroyer star, Murmansk, Marblehead, and Exeter for RU, USN, and RN cruiser stars, Ark Royal for an RN carrier star, and Red October for an RU battleship star.

And this. Premiums are available in lines with tech tree ships.

[TFK]
[TFK]
Alpha Tester
1,676 posts
20,716 battles
43 minutes ago, FrodoFraggin said:

Naval Battles is about requirements. It is not about which ship is premium or not. It is about XP, ribbons or damage (flavor of the week). If what you are stating about being unfair, then ban all premiums from the competition. From my perspective, it seems WG is talking from both sides of the mouth without reason.

[LOU1]
Members
4,207 posts
12,359 battles

Naval battles excludes lines that cannot be obtained through research.  This is to support fair competition as described above.  For example, I cannot use Huanghe because there are no researchable Pan Asian Cruisers; I can use Anshan because there are researchable Pan American Destroyers.

[EQRN]
Members
2,130 posts
18,633 battles
14 minutes ago, Tpaktop2_1 said:

Naval Battles is about requirements. It is not about which ship is premium or not. It is about XP, ribbons or damage (flavor of the week). If what you are stating about being unfair, then ban all premiums from the competition. From my perspective, it seems WG is talking from both sides of the mouth without reason.

No.  A clan with Italian BBs can score at least one no brainer star, the clan without has to play a much higher requirement to get that same star.  One clan paid for lower requirements.