You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
DeletedUser

Gorizia ain't so bad once you get the hang of her

13 comments in this topic

[RLGN]
Members
13,816 posts
24,064 battles

Guess I’ve played US cruisers to much; the SAP can be a hot mess on occasion, but the lack of torpedoes isn’t that much of a bother.

[TBW]
Members
10,012 posts
16,813 battles

It's just not a good ship for Co op, and I wouldn't count on any Solo Warriors with it.

[KNCOL]
[KNCOL]
Members
750 posts
1,645 battles

Quite a few of these ships that the community calls garbage are usually still usable or can be quite fun

• Cool 1

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
3,457 posts
10,908 battles
6 minutes ago, Koogus said:

Quite a few of these ships that the community calls garbage are usually still usable or can be quite fun

Your right the Gorizia is is one hard ship to hit when a good captain is at the helm it’s annoying to play against . . I also played only 3 games tonight and in 2 of them a Puerto Rico had a Kraken .  Including one were he sunk an Alaska in close up brawl although he had a little from a Gorizia at the end . So you never know some ships fit you like a glove some don’t . 

Members
36 posts
3,109 battles

It's really not bad, no.  I think it's a bit overspecialized, because trading torpedoes for hydro makes you that much better against DDs (a target you already excelled against) in exchange for BB stopping power (SAP is great in those opening salvos, but saturation certainly weakens your overall punch, and the torpedoes aren't a bad way to close out encounters as the game goes on).  If cruisers give you broadside it's still easy citadels, so you'll still always have a place in a match. 

It's a little vanilla, but it's absolutely a capable boat and far from the worst premium experience I've had.

[KRAK]
Members
1,248 posts
14,666 battles
1 hour ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Gorizia is trash, just like all the new Italian Cruisers not named Venezia.

I'm actually liking Amalfi, although I can't believe it. Its the guns, they have some of the fastest flattest trajectories for cruisers. And SAP does bow damage to opposing BBs.

[WOLF3]
[WOLF3]
Members
25,851 posts
22,679 battles
10 hours ago, Ericson38 said:

I'm actually liking Amalfi, although I can't believe it. Its the guns, they have some of the fastest flattest trajectories for cruisers. And SAP does bow damage to opposing BBs.

I don't think so.

BBs go bow on and can bounce the SAP and AP shells.

These new Italian POS Cruisers got no HE, no Fire setting ability, so Battleship players love tanking their sh*t shells and not worry about anything.

Fastest, flattest trajectories but trash shells.

Slow reload.

Can't stress heavily armored threats.

A bunch of Cruisers can face tank ITA CAs and have no issues doing so.

Awful concealment.

Really, the Italian Cruiser Line release was nothing more but one big buff to Battleships.

An entire Cruiser Line where Battleships have little to worry about such threats.  You can't ask for more.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway
  • Funny 1

[NYAAR]
Members
99 posts
2,131 battles
3 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I don't think so.

These new Italian POS Cruisers got no HE, no Fire setting ability, so Battleship players love tanking their sh*t shells and not worry about anything.

Slow reload.

Awful concealment.

Really, the Italian Cruiser Line release was nothing more but one big buff to Battleships.

An entire Cruiser Line where Battleships have little to worry about such threats.  You can't ask for more.

These cruisers also got bad conceilment.

On 1/11/2020 at 6:29 AM, Sovereigndawg said:

It's just not a good ship for Co op, and I wouldn't count on any Solo Warriors with it.

Charge forward using islands as cover. Once the bots start farming you, smoke up activate hydro and hold your fire till you're at 2km and get autospotted and then go for the ram with ramming signal equipped.

[WUDPS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,451 posts
5,326 battles
On 1/14/2020 at 4:38 AM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

I don't think so.

Slow reload.

Awful concealment.

Are we playing the same line, because I feel like we're not playing the same line. 

Anyone shooting SAP at a BB's bow is an idiot, sorry, you go for superstructure and rack dem points. 

No need for fires, I hate using HE...seems like a lazy mechanic.

Dem shells are fastish...but meh...

Slow reload sucks, but I'm too busy dodging and aiming to really notice.

Oh I can stress them, the trick is to engage them when they are focused on someone else...then smack em...they don't even notice what hit them.

Concealment is not the point of this line, speed and being slippery...they will see you regardless.

BB's don't fear me, they see me as weak because I can't hit em and burn em. This meta is traumatized by HE to the point where if it can't shoot HE it sucks. Remember the British CL's? 

It's only when you're getting wrecked and that damage level rises do you realize how evil that slipper cruiser at 15k really is....by then it's too late. 

• Cool 1

Members
5 posts
16,975 battles

Just fought close range against a North Carolina BB.   33 SAP main guns yielded 25k+ but 39 secondary hits  yielded only 150 hp.   why not show them firing marshmallows!  Surely there was a purpose for these weapons.   This ship has no effective weapons.   Whomever came up with programming requirements for this vessel should fired if they were met.

[_S_B_]
Members
477 posts
16,923 battles

Couldn't stand the ship and sold her since she was freebie. Love the 6.5 million credits though! :Smile_veryhappy: Yeah I know don't sell a premium ships but then I asked myself if I was really ever going to play it? The answer was NOPE! Almost ever tech tree T7 cruiser is better than the Gorizia imho.