Lert

Maybach symphony Nr HL230 in 12 cylinders, 23 liters

9 comments in this topic

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,493 posts
16,289 battles

Music to my ears. Love seeing these old beasts in action, and that gorgeous engine is beautifully tuned - such a clean exhaust, at idle and at RPM.

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
5,793 posts
13,401 battles

That's a big beach.

Can you imagine hearing that from the other side in real life?  The roar of the engine?  The clackata-clackata of the tracks?  The vibrations into your feet from its mass? 

Terrifying in its day.

[PQUOD]
[PQUOD]
Members
3,344 posts
12,121 battles

I always thought the interleaved wheels on the German equipment looked so cool. I've read that it helped with putting more wheels in a more confined area.

I always thought their half track motorcycles Sdkfz 2 was cool too. You can still buy these but they are like a lot of other WW2 collectables becoming more rare and more expensive. I kind of mentioned it to my wife and I just got a sigh out of her lol

iu (58).jpg

Alpha Tester
6,129 posts
2,986 battles
35 minutes ago, Lert said:

Music to my ears. Love seeing these old beasts in action, and that gorgeous engine is beautifully tuned - such a clean exhaust, at idle and at RPM.

I didn't know your definition of gorgeous applied to things that broke down every 10 minutes because they were meant for a machine half its size.

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
22,493 posts
16,289 battles
Just now, 1Sherman said:

I didn't know your definition of gorgeous applied to things that broke down every 10 minutes because they were meant for a machine half its size.

Me on the other hand expected a crappy comment like that from you.

Alpha Tester
6,129 posts
2,986 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

Me on the other hand expected a crappy comment like that from you.

Practicality beats aesthetics every time.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Supertester
23,549 posts
12,986 battles
38 minutes ago, Lert said:

There is nothing quite like the sound a a vintage Maybach. Even with all the advantages it had over US tanks it had flaws, the transmission needed to be rebuilt after a couple hundred kilometers and the tracks didn't last much longer where the US drove their equipment from the beach all the way to Germany.

The Continental radials the US used have an interesting sound of their own and now for your listening pleasure the Continental Boogie.

• Cool 1

For security reasons, please do not provide your personal data or the personal data of a third party here because we might be unable to protect such data in accordance with the Wargaming Privacy Policy.

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.