Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
MichiganEagle

Krasny Krym Stats AND Ships like her

17 comments in this topic

Members
404 posts
3,852 battles

Hi! First post on the site. I've been playing WoW for about 2 months now. Two Premium ships I have received for free over this time are the Texas and...this ship. Everyone says it sucks, and I am certainly well aware that it cannot take a hit, but I received two early bits of advice from this forum that have worked well for me. 1) - Start turning before you even think you may need to turn, and 2) Kite.

I have worked my way up all US Ships to Tier 5 now, and I was wondering which cruiser (Pensacola or Dallas) plays most like the Krasny Krym? Or is there another Cruiser that handles similarly in a different nation line? 

Below are the stats to a game I just finished, and my current overall stats with this thing. Is this a decent result after 81 games? I feel really happy if I can get up to 50k damage delivered, or thereabouts, in the KK.

KrasnyKrym.JPG

KrasnyKrym2.JPG

KrasnyKrymStats.JPG

Edited by MichiganEagle
word change
  • Cool 4

Members
4,057 posts
10,060 battles

If you're looking for a kiter/HE spammer then the Dallas line is probably more similar to the Krispy Kreme. Also, the Russian cruisers up to t8 or 9 are similar, especially the t6-8 Russian CLs. Keep in mind, once you get past Omaha in the USN lines the shells take a lot longer to get to the target, so if you're used to the somewhat faster shells of Omaha and Krispy Kreme, the Russian cruiser arcs will feel more comfortable. Smolensk (the current t10 coal Russian cruiser in the armory) is almost like a t10 version of this ship in some ways, but with guns that reload even faster and put out more shells per salvo - if you really enjoy KK and the mid tier Russian cruisers up to t8, you might like Smolensk if it's still available by that point (and since it is a high skill floor ship, even if you get it earlier I'd definitely recommend waiting to play it in randoms until you've gotten up to those tiers in tech tree ships and gotten better at the game/mechanics/etc).

Edited by MidnightPhoenix07
  • Cool 1

Members
3,679 posts
8,051 battles

First of all, that is a very impressive result in a tier V cruiser, especially the Krasny Krym.

About your question, between the Dallas and the Pensacola, I would say the Dallas fits the Krasny Krym play style more -- constant maneuvering, rapid firing guns on fast traversing turrets. Pensacola is slightly more sluggish, and her turrets are much, much, MUCH, slower. In fact, if you like the manoeuvrability of the Krasny Krym, you would like Dallas even more, the ship can boast higher top speed, higher acceleration, better rate of turn and rudder shift.

But if you don't mind being slightly more sluggish than your cruiser peers, the German Cruiser line is the answer. At lower tiers, the lack of reliable protection combined with its slightly deducted agility makes her just as, if not more, challenging to survive in than the Krasny Krym, but their artillery, especially with their high explosive shells with improved penetration, can usually yield good and reliable results particularly on larger targets.

• Cool 1

[KAPPA]
Members
3,022 posts
7,801 battles

KK is fairly unique, honestly. That said, I'd sooner compare her to DDs rather than cruiser, as she has DD guns. I lovingly call her a T5 Atlanta, as only Atlanta, Flint, Smolensk and Colbert are quite like her. Squishy ship with lots of small guns and pretty good AA if built for it. You can even share you KK commander with Smolensk, or even Atlanta and Flint if you have a special dual nation version of Ovenchicken.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Members
404 posts
3,852 battles

Some quality responses in here so far. Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Keep them coming.

The comparison to the Atlanta has been observed - both on these forums and in games where I was uptiered. Yep, that sounds like a very reasonable comparison.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,022 posts
7,801 battles
36 minutes ago, MichiganEagle said:

Some quality responses in here so far. Thanks guys, I appreciate it. Keep them coming.

The comparison to the Atlanta has been observed - both on these forums and in games where I was uptiered. Yep, that sounds like a very reasonable comparison.

One word of warning if you end up considering getting Atlanta: try US DDs first. We're talking in the T6ish area, too. The 127mm guns area. The early US DDs aren't a good indicator, as their guns are even smaller if memory serves. Russian DDs have fairly flat arcs. If memory serves, it takes Sims' shells 20 seconds to land 15km off (which requires increasing the max range to the point of hilarity for a US DD, but still), and, again, if I'm not mistaken, the two use the same guns.

Atlanta also takes a lot of points on a commander to be truly effective. If I remember her stats right, her detection and and gun range are around 11km base, meaning you would want to not only increase range, but also decrease detection. Then, on top of that, many prefer to slot IFHE into her. That's 3 different 4 point skills, meaning you'd need an 18 point commander to do all that.

As a base, I would recommend a 14 point commander with decreased detection and increased range. You can get a 10 point commander for a bunch of different nations by getting 4 stars in each operation, so you can get an easy head start in whichever one rewards a US commander if you seek to play her.

• Cool 1

[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles
5 minutes ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

One word of warning if you end up considering getting Atlanta: try US DDs first. We're talking in the T6ish area, too. The 127mm guns area. The early US DDs aren't a good indicator, as their guns are even smaller if memory serves. Russian DDs have fairly flat arcs. If memory serves, it takes Sims' shells 20 seconds to land 15km off (which requires increasing the max range to the point of hilarity for a US DD, but still), and, again, if I'm not mistaken, the two use the same guns.

Atlanta also takes a lot of points on a commander to be truly effective. If I remember her stats right, her detection and and gun range are around 11km base, meaning you would want to not only increase range, but also decrease detection. Then, on top of that, many prefer to slot IFHE into her. That's 3 different 4 point skills, meaning you'd need an 18 point commander to do all that.

As a base, I would recommend a 14 point commander with decreased detection and increased range. You can get a 10 point commander for a bunch of different nations by getting 4 stars in each operation, so you can get an easy head start in whichever one rewards a US commander if you seek to play her.

Due to all the fire prevention options Atlanta really needs IFHE (even moreso than detection) to get much damage anymore...but AFT is definitely a must have.

Unfortunately Atlanta is about to get the major nerf bat w/the new IFHE changes inbound soon I hear...not sure about details as I've only seen comments in forums so far & haven't seen the actual dev notes.

[KAPPA]
Members
3,022 posts
7,801 battles
Just now, IfYouSeeKhaos said:

Due to all the fire prevention options Atlanta really needs IFHE (even moreso than detection) to get much damage anymore...but AFT is definitely a must have.

Unfortunately Atlanta is about to get the major nerf bat w/the new IFHE changes inbound soon I hear...not sure about details as I've only seen comments in forums so far & haven't seen the actual dev notes.

Honestly, even with all the fire prevention, if you increase her fire chance she can do some nasty things to BBs that either pop dam con early or don't dam con because only one fire. Not like IFHE puts her penetration high enough to pen T8+ BBs anyways, either. If one cares about penetration, I'd honestly recommend Boise before Atlanta.

Hmm... On that note, as an aside to the OP, I'd call Boise a less point intensive US CL that can compare a bit to KK. She's not great with AA and her range kinda sucks, but Atlanta's range is comparable with it fully buffed, and Boise has one of the best heals in the game, where as most cruiser lines only get heals at T9. That said, Atlanta's radar is lovely if used well, but I'd call Boise more newbie friendly by far. Boise only needs a 10 pointer, as range increases aren't possible at that gun size, but she really enjoys reducing her detection to avoid early, well... detection. Squishy, cumbersome ship, but she has wonderful alpha strike potential due to having 15 152mm guns she can bring to bear at the same time. Not only this, but I'm almost certain her shells fly faster, meaning less obscene lead is required.

Heals allow for more mistakes. Radar allows for punishing more mistakes, but is obscenely difficult to leverage without exploding shortly there after, and is a consumable I'd call a newbie trap. Either a newbie radar cruiser dies using it, or a newbie DD dies to it. :Smile_teethhappy:

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
13,441 posts
18,543 battles
3 hours ago, MichiganEagle said:

which cruiser (Pensacola or Dallas) plays most like the Krasny Krym?

Armor wise, as both were treaty cruisers, both have crap armor. Dallas has the faster firing, smaller 6 inch guns, as Pensacola is a heavy cruiser with 8 inchers.

[PVE]
Members
5,202 posts
22,432 battles
3 hours ago, MichiganEagle said:

Hi! First post on the site. I've been playing WoW for about 2 months now. Two Premium ships I have received for free over this time are the Texas and...this ship. Everyone says it sucks, and I am certainly well aware that it cannot take a hit, but I received two early bits of advice from this forum that have worked well for me. 1) - Start turning before you even think you may need to turn, and 2) Kite.

I have worked my way up all US Ships to Tier 5 now, and I was wondering which cruiser (Pensacola or Dallas) plays most like the Krasny Krym? Or is there another Cruiser that handles similarly in a different nation line? 

Below are the stats to a game I just finished, and my current overall stats with this thing. Is this a decent result after 81 games? I feel really happy if I can get up to 50k damage delivered, or thereabouts, in the KK.

KrasnyKrym.JPG

KrasnyKrym2.JPG

KrasnyKrymStats.JPG

Unfortunately can't give much input as I just got the KK recently...in fact I posted a thread about it because after 21,750 games it was the 1st & only premium I have ever received in a super container...& so far have only run it once to knock off the snowflake.

Reminded me more of the T3 US St Louis w/the gun configuration but as for your OP (as stated by all that replied so far) Dallas is definitely closer than Pensi to it performance wise...& assumed you weren't looking to buy anything premium based on the wording of your OP so won't suggest those options as there are probably quite a few.

• Cool 1

[RLGN]
Members
13,733 posts
23,957 battles
3 hours ago, Shoggoth_pinup said:

KK is fairly unique, honestly. That said, I'd sooner compare her to DDs rather than cruiser, as she has DD guns. I lovingly call her a T5 Atlanta, as only Atlanta, Flint, Smolensk and Colbert are quite like her. Squishy ship with lots of small guns and pretty good AA if built for it. You can even share you KK commander with Smolensk, or even Atlanta and Flint if you have a special dual nation version of Ovenchicken.

This; I call her my Podvoisky with a citadel.

Most of the maps I see with her, I push up and bully red destroyers. Doing so seems to work for me.

[-K-]
Members
8,168 posts
13,463 battles
5 hours ago, MichiganEagle said:

Very nice work, mate.  Especially in a ship that most consider to be mediocre at best.

Do you have the IFHE skill on the commander?

Members
404 posts
3,852 battles
8 hours ago, Ace_04 said:

Very nice work, mate.  Especially in a ship that most consider to be mediocre at best.

Do you have the IFHE skill on the commander?

I do.

[_S_B_]
Members
477 posts
16,832 battles

Put AFT captain skill on my commander so the gun range is like 18.5 and that's great for a T5 ship. It's a fun ship but fragile to play but I don't take it out much anymore.

[WOLF3]
Members
25,645 posts
22,602 battles

Tier V+ Cruisers fitted with DD-sized guns like Krispy Kreme:

Tier V Premium Krispy Kreme

Tier VII Premium Atlanta

Tier VII Premium Flint (Steel;  Atlanta with less guns, no Radar, but longer ranged torps and has smoke)

Tier X Premium Colbert (Research Bureau)

Tier X Premium Smolensk (Coal)

Atlanta can be purchased from the Premium Shop.  The next easiest to get is Smolensk in the Armory, provided you got the Coal.  Flint is a lot harder to get because she requires Steel.  Colbert can be attained from the Research Bureau but that is more for veteran players to pursue if they choose to do so.

• Cool 1

Members
404 posts
3,852 battles

Although I have only really taken it out in Coop, I'm loving the Dallas so far. Great maneuverability, lovely quick reload time - and it is actually not a bad fire-starter. 

Sign in to follow this